Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Malaysian weekend

Very stupid risk run by Ferrari and Macca in not entering immediately with uncertain conditions.
In these situation, you should always set immediately a time not to risk to be disadvantaged before the opponents. I can't believe how these things still happen.

But the result of this is that we will most certainly have a funny and interesting race tomorrow, especially if rain and dry keep alternating.

Clearly, if they don't break up, Red Bulls should win, probably with Seb, unless Rosberg holds him for a few laps allowing Webbo to get a big gap.

Comments

• forza lotus :-)
  • Good prediction manlio! If RBR can stay reliable then this must be their championship to lose. Fascinating at the top and still very hard to call. Fred did amazingly well considering his issues. TOIT and Macca were chumps on Saturday - even I know that you get a banker lap in. It demonstrates how much they are slaves to the tech; 'it must ease off, the radar says so'.

Did you hear how much slower Trulli was to get it to the end? 30" per lap or something. I see the 107% rule coming ...

re: Lewis weaving. I suspect he wasn't penalised because he wasn't 'covering' Petrov but vice versa. He was moving before the Renault did and that's rather different to the 'Chop Schuey' we know so well ...
  • Did you hear how much slower Trulli was to get it to the end? 30" per lap or something. I see the 107% rule coming ...
    This could very well mean that Virgin isn't the only team with fuel problems.
  • pity for ALonso - so unlucky!
  • Great Race. I think Trulli had hydraulic problems which meant he had to drop his pace.
  • I was reading the controversy of Hamilton weaving in front of Petrov.
    Im not his biggest fan, but the moves he made from one side of the track to the other were not defensive, as shown in attached video, he made the first moves every time. If Petrov stayed his line, then he would have saved about 60 metres in attempting to slipstream him
  • I don't see how Hamilton's actions can be defended at all.

By making so many moves, he prevented the car behind from gaining the momentum it needed in the tow to launch an attack. There is no point saying that the driver behind was not mounting an attack, when it was Hamilton's actions that prevented him from being able to.

The rule is simple - on the straights; one move to cover an attack; one more move to get a line for the corner. It doesn't say "if the guy behind you hasn't actually moved out of the sliptsream.........................."

What really irks is that Brundle made some half-arsed comment about fine lines (he would know), and then the race stewards issue a crappy warning. Maybe someone should take th speakers out of their telly because this isn't the first time that he has made a comment on the outcome of an infringement, and for he stewards to interpret exactly the way Brundle called it.

This should have bee a drive-through. Let us not forget that Hamilton is not a first offender in front of the stewards, so should have been given no leniency.

Enjoyable race though in may respects. The TV folks rightly ignored the front runners and caught a lot of good action. Hamilton's storming run trough the field was just lovely. Lots of other good drives from Sutil, Petrov, Jaime whats-is-name,Alonso, and others.
  • "he prevented the car behind from gaining the momentum it needed in the tow to launch an attack."

Yah big pooftah (as they say in Canberra). Did you want Lewis to offer some canapes on the way past as well?
    I think you'll find Petrov was driving the Renault, not Lewis by remote control. Its quite basic, if you want to overtake then you have to pass the car in front and I'm sure Petrov has learned his lesson. What Lewis was NOT doing was shutting the door.
  • Bullshit hack; though it does raise an interesting etomological question; 'pooftah' or 'poofter'. Must consult with Sir Les on that one.

BTW - The family are in Brussels as we speak. I was supposed to go this trip, but too much work got in the road. We could have had another one of those entertaining pub crawls.
  • Yes, but I'm afraid after your 'incident' involving a horse of the Household Cavalry you remain on the Scotland Yard 'watch' list.
  • Yes, as with the horse and the "Petrov affair" (lookup that under Australian history) keeping that close to someones tail end will surely get the 'wags' talking!
  • She was asking for it.................they're all asking for it!!!!
  • I say, I say, I say ... what do you call an Australian in a suit?

The defendant.
  • The Accused!!!!!