Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Texas 12

So it's official.

Comments

• Does anyone else get the feeling it could be Dallas 84 all over again?

I mean trying to build a track in 18months in a place with no real formula 1 connections. I wonder if the track will break up?
  • As a Texan, I am ecstatic if this does get off the ground. I am roughly 3 hours from Austin. The Texas Hill Country could make for some good elevation changes compared to recent Tilke tracks, no word on his involvement if any.

I know Houston where I am has a fairly good amount of open wheel and Le Mans style race fans. Not so much NASCAR country so it stands a chance.

Dallas had many problems, being a temporary street course which is a nice way of saying fair ground parking lot. Texas in July is brutal with temps hovering around 100 degree, for this to succeed they must do it in early June and that is not the best time either though it is still high 80s low 90s. I'd prefer sometime in the fall but then Canada may be a bit cold.