Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

So if team orders are illegal...

Why did Ferrari just win the race?

Comments

• You can take the team away from Todt but you can't take the Todt out of the team, or something like that.

Rule 39.1: "Team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited," after a post-race stewards inquiry, Ferrari were fined $100,000 for breaching sporting regulations but the result stands. Massa claims it was his decision, ho, ho. I'd like to see the contract he signed.

I won't forget that day at the A1-Ring in a hurry when my non-F1 loving brother said to me 'you watch, they'll switch the kraut and Barrichello before the end'. I said 'no, no, no, its only race six'. Shows what I know. That was '01 when it was only for second place - the infamous 'victory' was '02.
  • I understood it like this: there is a 100.000 USD penalty for Ferrari for bringing the sport in discredit, the penalty for the team order is yet to be decided on by the WMSC. Hopefully the WMSC will decide on a harsh penalty so no team will ever consider pulling a stunt like this again.

We should all feel robbed, I know I do. I would have loved to see Alonso trying to overtake Massa.
  • TOIT have accepted the fine and will not appeal. What does that say about what will happen at the WMSC?

As usual, the rules are just more as you would say "guidelines" as Captain Barbarossa said.
  • Massa's engineer Rob Smedley should not have been put in the position he was. Domenicali should grow some balls.

But:

a) Smedley is going to be bollocked for adding 'sorry' to message.
    b) TOIT under Todt would never allow broadcasters access to its radio transmissions, so why is it doing it now? Arrogance or stupidity?
  • Smedley should be bollocked for saying 'Magnanimous' over the radio with his accent to a Brazillian.

Smedley: Eee bar goom, that were magnanimooss of yer lud. Aye ober dai.

Massa: Wath that Wob? Wath you thaying? Di Fernando thay thorry yet? Di he??
  • next thing we know that temporary PM of yours will be running the pit radio ;-)
  • but doesn't team players play for each other in every sports; I can't really understand all this hype?
  • Assuming that you are being sarcastic Neil, but just in case you are not:

The Winner of the 2010 Constructor's Championship is..........Ferrari!

The Winner of the 2010 Driver's Championship is.......Ferrari!

Doesn't work, does it?

Or perhaps it should be; The Winner of the 2010 Driver's Championship is.........Fernando Alonso! Fernando had a marvelous season of personal wins, as well as wins donated by his team mate Philipe Massa. Fernando does not feel incomplete, or a fraud in any way. Yay.
  • even if team orders are to be condoned...it should be to hold places...not reverse places as happened nor as was in austria. no respect now for alonso.
  • I heard that from now on all transmission from pit to driver must be made available to broadcasters.

No more encryption.

As for Massa, sorry to say that I don't feel sorry for him.

His driving has been mediocre for 2 seasons now, and I was dumfounded that TOIT re-signed him.

He must have the "schumi" clause in his contract. He could have gone elsewhere.

Holding positions is really no different. It's still a manufactured result to gain a preferred outcome.
  • Holding positions is really no different. It's still a manufactured result to gain a preferred outcome.
    I have seen quite a few people make that claim and I cannot say that I agree. If the team order to hold position has been given, no change happens to the running order. There's no guarantee that the driver that is on hold would have ever passed the leader, had the order not been given. During a position switch the result of the race has been manipulated without any doubt.
  • Roo, I guess TOIT re-signed Massa out of gratefulness for the help he gave to M$ in 2006 and to Kimi in 2007, for the season he had in 2008, and because, after all, he almost died for Ferrari at Hungaroring in 2009. But there's no doubt that, if in 2011 he shows the same form as this year, he'll be sacked.