Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR for sale?

There are some rumours that STR will be bought by IPIC:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news/2011/05/Toro_Rosso_doch_vor_dem_Verkauf_11053107.html

summing it up for those who do not speak german, it is said that IPIC is going to own about 75% of the team within this season. Price is about 50.000.000 €. IPIC is kinda 'daughter' of aabar who own some percent of the MGP-Team. STR did not want to comment.

What are your thoughts about this?

Comments

• I'm actually already surprised Red Bull held onto Toro Rosso for as long as they have (six years)
  • I'm going to have to agree, they have held on to Toro Rosso far longer than I would have expected. Though this rumour has gone rather silent since.
  • Given that the purchase was all about getting enough votes to steamroll the last concord, it is a bit surprising how long they have kept at it.

Still, Bernie has to get his money back sooner or later.
  • mind you, the value of owning a spot on the grid has fallen quite drastically since 2006
  • Yes, quite an indulgence but the Bernie/Dietrich relationship seems to be a retread of Bernie/Flav. We will never know what really goes on ...