Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

your thoughts about Minardi in the present

I recently started to think about the whole Minardi-Thing in the present.

How do you think about what has happened since 05 and what is (or is going to happen) now or in the future. World has changed so much in those six years and also the Minardi-situation.

I will post my own thoughts on this but it's gonna be a lot so I wanted the remainig Minardi fans to also think about this subject.

You can for shure also post your thoughts on other subjects that are somehow connected to this.

[Bearbeitet am 11-10-11 von DONTSTOP]

Comments

• I will give you an example:

from all the minardi-websites the only actives today are forzaminardi and mcsf. All the other ones are kind obsolete or 'dead'. What I would like to have is that forzaminardi becomes a bigger central platform for minardi (again) though the wiki is a nice idea. I'm not just talking about it, I would really help to develop and design such a site.

Does anyone agree?
  • Dear DONTSTOP, your spirit is admirable but I'm afraid nothing stops the clock, despite what diehard Minardistas may wish.

I believe Minardi could have, should have soldiered on for a few more years in the hope of new investment but Paul Stoddart told me the game was up. Either he sold to Red Bull or the factory closed.

Minardi is history but as someone wrote in the definitive book about the team "Forza Minardi" (still available on Amazon at eye-watering rates) ...

"Most new teams struggle, struggle a bit more and then they fold. Look at the list of those that fell by the wayside during Minardi’s time in F1:

Alfa Romeo
    Arrows
    AGS
    Brabham
    Coloni
    Dallara
    Forti
    Jaguar
    Lamborghini
    Larrousse
    Ligier/Prost
    Lola
    Lotus
    March
    Onyx
    Osella
    Pacific
    RAM
    Rial
    Simtek
    Spirit
    Toleman
    Tyrrell
    Zakspeed

Staying in Formula One is not easy so Minardi’s remarkable story is one of survival – a success in itself. Somehow they paid the bills and kept the show on the road for 21 years ... “I believe [a revival of Minardi] is impossible today,” laments Gian Carlo. “It’s a chapter which has come to an end. You need financial resources which are not available in Italy. It’s a Ferrari-dependent country.” Motor sport fans should thank Gian Carlo Minardi. A good man who helped keep F1 real, kept it smiling, kept it human. And he kept on spotting great young drivers.

Minardi holds a record which will (probably) never be broken – 340 Grands Prix without a pole position and is second only to Arrows in number of races without a win (Arrows contested 382).

The tally in the Grand Prix Data Book reads

Starts 634
    Points 38
    Poles –
    Fastest laps –
    Wins –

The stats are the truth. But they’re not the whole truth."
  • I'm going to have to agree with Viges, time is definitely the enemy of making Minardi into anything bigger at this point. Future generations reading about them will never be the same as seeing and experiencing the highs and many lows that occurred.

It would possibly be different if they were still very prominent in at least some form of motorsport instead of driver coaches which does not have the same impact or spirit as the team in my opinion. Though being in some other form of motorsport doesn't seem like it would be right either.

As for what has come after Minardi I do not really see any team that matches the spirit or know how that made them a survivor for so long. Virgin and Fernandes's Team Lotus are too corporate and HRT too hopeless.

• from all the minardi-websites the only actives today are forzaminardi and mcsf. All the other ones are kind obsolete or 'dead'. What I would like to have is that forzaminardi becomes a bigger central platform for minardi (again) though the wiki is a nice idea. I'm not just talking about it, I would really help to develop and design such a site.
    http://f1minardi.free.fr

;)
  • @ bosco: nice website, unfortunately I don't speek french.

As I noticed the german websites forzaminardi.de and minardi.de are for sale on german ebay for around €2000. Because it are just the data (no webspace) and the domains I'm not going to buy them. I will try to form a new german Minardi-website in 2012. Perhaps the minardi related websites should kinda join forces (data, news, etc).
  • Thancks :)

Very good idea. I hope you will take your project web site Minardi out. I will be the site Minardi share ideas, news, forum, etc ...
  • No doubts, i'm serious about the website. my plans are simular to yours. My site will feature a german and an english version. The german domais vanished from ebay though I don't know if they were bought or not.
  • Great! A very good news for the community Minardi. Lack Minardi in F1, I look forward to your site.