Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

THE IMOLA THREAD

On the Other Imola Thread (OIT) these questions/statements were made. Lets use this as the starting point for organinzing our trip/activities.

1/ Were staying in Bologna

Some, if not all are already booked in Bologna - if you are not list in this thread please

2/ Suggested track position is Tosa

Looking like this is it but we are waiting to see if the other Minardi Clubs have a place already and if we want to join forces with them

3/ Factory visit to be confirmed

CONFIRMED - Tuesday - time to be set

1/ Who is going

MCSF & Jello

2/ Confirmed / Agreed itinery

We have ours arrive Bologna Sunday afternoon.

3/ General Suggestions - itinery, flight, hotels

[Edited on 17/1/2005 by MCSF]

Comments

• Factory tour Tuesday before GP or after GP?

• Before.
  • On the Other Imola Thread (OIT) these questions and statements were made. Let’s use this as the starting point for organinsing our trip and associated activities.

1/ We’re staying in Bologna. Some, if not all are already booked in Bologna - if you are not listed in this thread please...... please what?

2/ Suggested track position is Tosa.

It Looks like this is it as far as numbers are concerned, but we are waiting to see if the other Minardi Clubs have booked accommodation already, and if we want to join forces with them.

3/ Factory visit is yet to be confirmed. Update: CONFIRMED - Tuesday - time to be set.

3/ List of confirmed attendees: MCSF & Jello

4/ Confirmed & Agreed itinerary

We will be arriving at Bologna (Airport? Bus Station? Sewer Tour?) on Sunday afternoon.

5/ We welcome general suggestions regarding itinerary, flights, hotels and other interested participants.

Isn't it nicer when you can actually understand what is written?
  • It is truly too bad you don't speak fuckin' 'murkin Lease. As it is you will be lucky if you get to the Oz GP. Junior - let the guide dogs out REAL early.

OZ - start the Warning Order/OP order now.

[Edited on 18/1/2005 by MCSF]

[Edited on 18/1/2005 by MCSF]
  • Tosa seems best for the amount of time you see the cars + overtaking lunges into the hairpin, although there's never that much at Imola (mind you, remember JPM and Schumi last year?!)

I am minded, though, that first-timers especially will want to see the cars at full chat close-up on Fri and Sat - Ste, follow murph's advice and go walkies up to Villeneuve or the other way up towards Piratella. Braking for Variante Alta sorts the men from the boys.
  • Flights booked for S and me. Arriving Monday evening. What time Tuesday is the tour?
    Ger
  • I touch down in Italy at about 09:30, if Salvo is correct and trains run at every half hour interval I shall arrive at Bologna at about 10:30.

Please could that be taken into consideration when setting the time of the tour. :angel:

Should I meet you in the Hotel Executives bar??
  • My wife and I arrive Sunday afternoon. We have rooms in Bologna (Hotel Executive) for 8 nights. Already trying to figure out how to pack 2 camera bodies and 4 lenses for carry on. Got 3 months to figure that out.
  • If I ever were to visit a GP this would probably be the one I would like to be at. :o Unfortunately, I would never be able to come up with the money for lodging... Plus, I'm returning my master's thesis on monday after the race so I think the week will be spent furiously writing.
  • 2/ Suggested track position is Tosa
    Highly appropriate for some of you reprobrates ;)
  • Brilliant.
  • I think you will find that it is eMURRiKEN

Hope this helps

Lots of Love

L
  • Lease - your understanding of the American language is better than the average ferign devil HOWEVER you have overlooked some of the nuiance we live with everyday.

You, for the most part, are correct concerning the "eMURRIKEN" pronunciation. What you missed is the fact the the first "e" is silent when the speaker is spitting a sizeable quantity of tobacco juice out of his/her mouth.

I always loved Copenhagen best with Kodiak coming in a close second.

• .....the American language...
    I didnt know there was such a thing ;)
  • So were going to go to Tosa.

How do we go about purchasing tickets??

Have we had anything back from the other clubs???

We best start purchasing as the magical date of the 31st is approaching v. fast
  • So were going to go to Tosa.

How do we go about purchasing tickets??

Have we had anything back from the other clubs???

We best start purchasing as the magical date of the 31st is approaching v. fast
    Do we need to work out how to do a block booking so we're seated in a group?
  • RJ is working the issue with the Clubs anf FM.com. In terms of buying tiks what do you guys feel is the best way - block is best but the question is...who is gonna put it on their card?
  • You. Put it on NASA's card. 'Aerodynamic research' - you've arranged a whole team to collect data with you. :hehe: