Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Grandprix.com positive on Minardi !!!

This is a quote from their article about the possible sale of Jordan GP :
One of the motivations behind the sale is that Eddie Jordan is keen not to be at the back of the F1 grid which is a distinct possibility given that the team is going to to have to use a modified version of the old car for a good part of the forthcoming season, while Minardi will have a new car which the team hopes will be a big step forward in terms of aerodynamics. Minardi is also likely to benefit from Red Bull Racing's ambivalence towards Cosworth Racing. It is no secret that the Austrian-owned team is looking for an alternative engine supplier in 2006 and might even invest in its own engine. This being the case, it is not hard to imagine that Cosworth will not be overly keen to give away too many secrets if it believes that Red Bull will jump ship at the end of the year. Minardi has been a steady Cosworth customer and is likely to remain so for the future.
Interesting, to say the least !!!

Comments

• I said the same thing in a post yesterday about Cosworth helping Minardi. Paul made a comment about Cosworths 'increased involvement and huge support' a few days back and it wouldnt supprise me to see the little black cars up the grid this season.

This could perhaps be the start of something big. I know i'm jumping too far ahead, but seeing as everyone wants to jump off the Cosworth boat, maybe Minardi could become the 'factory' Cosworth team - now subsidised by Kevin Kalkohaven (also Australian like Stoddie). If this car turns out successfull, then perhaps it will lead to more money for the team, which breeds greater success, etc...watch out Toyota! :D
  • it wouldnt supprise me to see the little black cars up the grid this season
    Black ehhh ?? And what sponsors were on the new livery ? ;)
  • Interestingly enough, the Pastorelli seat fitting photos show him in an all black car. No white or red.
  • I said the same thing in a post yesterday about Cosworth helping Minardi.
    Indeed you did. Credit where credit's due. :)
  • I did notice a rear wing in Pastorelli's seat fitting photos with Muermans branding.
  • Interestingly enough, the Pastorelli seat fitting photos show him in an all black car. No white or red.
    There was green (behind his head).
    Maybe it was still raw CF?
  • This is the pic:
    Muermans is definitly on the rear wing !!!!
    (any techhead can see if this is a 2004 or 2005-wing??)

On the suit we can see: Puma, Cosworth, Bridgestone and Magneti Marelli !!!!

BTW, who's showing the steering wheel?? A mechanic ???
  • That wing is from a differnt chassis, its not in the backgroud in the pic were he's in the tub.
    Edit: Its on the bench in the background of said shot.

BTW: I take back my prevoius statement, there is no way that is raw CF, and the green wasn't all I remembered it to be.

All black livery?!?! :o :D

[Edited on 18/1/2005 by Clown]
  • Well, looking at the rear wing endplate from Brazil and the vague shot from this photo below, I'd say 2005 spec aero. The wing chords are moved forward quite a bit, and the curve on the inside of the endplate is much larger than the 2004 spec, signalling the rear wing moving forward around 150mm - exactly what the new rules require!

• In Brooksey's last pic you see a Muermans wing-bit in the top left corner !!!;)
  • All this Cosworth stuff depends on whether they actually stay for the 2.4 V8 formula in 06 or quit. Does it fit F'n'K's business plan? I suspect not - which would leave us in the lurch without a partner again.
  • Well, looking at the rear wing endplate from Brazil and the vague shot from this photo below, I'd say 2005 spec aero. The wing chords are moved forward quite a bit, and the curve on the inside of the endplate is much larger than the 2004 spec, signalling the rear wing moving forward around 150mm - exactly what the new rules require!
    I'm impressed Brooks - had I not looked i'd thought that was Petrols writing!

The green sticker is a "fuel in/out" notice I believe
  • All this Cosworth stuff depends on whether they actually stay for the 2.4 V8 formula in 06 or quit. Does it fit F'n'K's business plan? I suspect not - which would leave us in the lurch without a partner again.
    Exactly, that was my point in another thread. can't see why J and K will remain interested in paying for a F1 engine only for a single customer which beside s is always short of dosh:(