Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Misano Testing - Day 1

Comments

• I just hope that TOMS will bring some nice pictures this evening.....
  • pics now online @ www.speedpics.nl
  • Have that McLaren, we're the real Men in Black!

Mhm..... the pictures look like 05-Aerodynaik. Bad conditions, 05 aero and only 3 secounds slower.... I don't think that's too bad, isn't it?
  • That car is fucking sexy.
  • What is it that you see that evokes your reaction? I 'll admit - I'm not seeing much on the car that stands out - could be the all black, could be my old eyes, could be complete ignorance.

Point some things out Young Jedi.
  • If we got to have sponsors on it please let it be in white!
  • ........looks like 04 car with 05 spec.

Had bargeboards however?

[Edited on 18/1/2005 by Manni]
  • The car looks the shit in black. :cool:

Also - definately '05 aero. The front wing endplates looks around 50mm higher. In essence it looks as if all the team have done is shorten the 'prongs' which hold the front wing on as the wing elements themselves look exactly the same shape and size as used at say the British GP.

http://images.f1racing.net/large/38792.jpg

• God damn that looks bad assed :D :D :D

Its about time they listened to us....
  • I say go back to the '01 Livery with the whole sword motif.

Yes, I used the term motif.
  • Whatever colour it is, I hope it is based on a recurrent thematic element of design (or as Quig stated, a motif!)

What we don't need is the 'chaos of colour' (or 'color' for our North Amercian firends ;) ) from last year. A repeat of the disorderly mass that was the PS04B will definitely NOT attract any type of serious sponsor.

[Edited on 19/1/2005 by TasM]
  • woohoo, black sidepods.

now throw in a little yellow and it'll be perfect :D
  • woohoo, black sidepods.

now throw in a little yellow and it'll be perfect :D
    GoKL? :D
  • A motif or theme is essential, while the PS01 was a bit shy on sponsors. It had identity!

Hey, we should approach Willkerson Sword, that seems like a theme made in heaven.

Marc Sparks
  • What is it that you see that evokes your reaction? I 'll admit - I'm not seeing much on the car that stands out - could be the all black, could be my old eyes, could be complete ignorance.

Point some things out Young Jedi.
    Because F1 cars, especially Minardi's, look that way in all black.
  • Pre-season testing has always been without sponsor names on the car (only tech partners and suppliers).
    So, why is Muermans on the car??????

It would be more logical to have Superfund, because they are sponsoring Pastorelli's test !?!?!

• I would imagine that this is a sign of the earlier rumor that Muermans has already inked a deal for 2005.
  • Nice to see the car on the track. :D

I like the all black car but I notice the new regs front wing is white so I expect the white sidepods may still be back.

Hope the weather improves
  • Hmmmmm........Those filing cabinet sidepods are looking particularly unhip compared to the radical sweep in/down pods on the as-yet unveiled cars. One wonders whether this is the area in which Cossie are assisting, vis tight cowls, good cooling. I certainly hope so.

That front wing looks like the same crap with shorter supports. I hope they do something about it. I have a strong sense that this is going to be the key area for those that get it right.
  • I thought I read something in Dutch media about Muermans having signed a deal as headsponsor for the upcoming season...

But the black car looks great! Think JVC on it....could be nice!
  • I'm praying Minardi use the sword motif on the '05 car! It'll match the '05 Aurora...;)
  • I thought I read something in Dutch media about Muermans having signed a deal as headsponsor for the upcoming season...
    http://www.forzaminardi.com/modules.php?name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=167
  • You trust that as a reliable source?
  • Whatever colour it is, I hope it is based on a recurrent thematic element of design (or as Quig stated, a motif!)

What we don't need is the 'chaos of colour' (or 'color' for our North Amercian firends ;) ) from last year. A repeat of the disorderly mass that was the PS04B will definitely NOT attract any type of serious sponsor.
    I was thinking why not have a black car with the same sword 'motif' as the 2001 car, but have them done in yellow? It would be reminiscent of Minardi's past, it would look fucking cool and would fill in the lack of yellow on the grid courtesy of JordanGP becoming Midlands...
  • What is available;

Green, Black & Orange.

Sauber has Blue (though Blue/white would be OK)

Yellow may become available but we wouldn't want to become jordan knock-offs

Black is my pick, but if SuperFund come to the party, why not a green base colour?
  • As long we don't have black with white sidepods again. NO BLOODY WAY, that was bloody disgusting.
  • Agreed Oz, black with white sidepods looks disgusting to say the least.

I like this scheme...

source: http://www.superfund-euro3000.com

more temporary liveries..

the black is so cool..

[Edited on 20/1/2005 by fabriziobarbazza]
  • I concur, F1 cars always look best in black.

Case and point: Lotus JPS livery.