Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi guys as Le Mans

Quite a flurry of Minardi talent at this year's 24 hours of Le Mans.
Sarrazin and Davidson will line up for Toyota, while Webber will drive a Porsche in the LMP1 category (i.e. the fast cars). Sarrazin has come in 2nd a few times over the past decade while Davidson's been on the podium in 2013 and 2014. Webber has yet to make the finish at Le Mans (though you can't blame him for that horrible crash in 1999)

Further at the back in the LMGTE-Pro category (that's what used to be GT2, i.e. production based cars) Gimmi Bruni and Fisichella will be sharing the same Ferrari. Minardi prodigy Davide Rigon (too young to have raced for the team in F1 but he was in the Euroseries line up). Will be in another Ferrari in that same category. Bruni and Fisichella won last year (in their category) and will be looking for the double.

Finally, there's Pedro Lamy in an Aston Martin in the LMGTE-Am class (older cars). he won it in 2012

Comments

• Certainly shows that even after 10 years Minardi still has a great deal of influence in terms of drivers at the highest level.

And there are plenty of younger Minardi managed drivers coming through, including Nannini jnr!
  • Webber on top in first practice session!
  • edited June 2015
    Webber in second spot in qualifying. Well done to Lamy who was faster in last year's car than most of the GTE pro cars, including Fisichella/Bruni

Q1 results

1 Neel Jani Porsche Team Porsche 3m16.887s
    2 T.Bernhard, M.Webber, B.Hartley Porsche Team Porsche 3m17.767s
    3 N.Hulkenberg, E.Bamber, N.Tandy Porsche Team Porsche 3m19.297s
    4 L.di Grassi, L.Duval, O.Jarvis Audi Sport Team Joest Audi 3m19.866s
    5 F.Albuquerque, M.Bonanomi, R.Rast Audi Sport Team Joest Audi 3m21.081s
    6 M.Fassler, A.Lotterer, B.Treluyer Audi Sport Team Joest Audi 3m21.839s
    7 A.Wurz, S.Sarrazin, M.Conway Toyota Racing Toyota 3m23.543s
    8 A.Davidson, S.Buemi, K.Nakajima Toyota Racing Toyota 3m23.767s
    9 N.Prost, M.Beche, N.Heidfeld Rebellion Racing Rebellion/AER 3m26.874s
    10 A.Imperatori, D.Kraihamer, D.Abt Rebellion Racing Rebellion/AER 3m31.933s
    35 P.D.Lana, P.Lamy, M.Lauda Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin 3m55.102s
    36 G.Bruni, T.Vilander, G.Fisichella AF Corse Ferrari 3m55.306
  • edited June 2015
    Mark Webber's second on the grid for Sunday's race. Porsche's extremely dominant, even setting a new track record. But as we know: it's the 24 hours and not the one lap of Le Mans
  • Great stuff by Hulkenburg and Porsche. Apparently, Mallya agreed to Nico doing Le Mans as long as he could park his motorhome in the paddock. Stay classy .. but good on him for letting a precious F1 driver among those endurance brutes!
  • Well done Nico and Porsche. This is going to make F1 look very bad.