Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

OOOOOOOOOPS!

I do not know any German but it seems that Fischer the German foreign minister made a big blunder when he replied incorrectly to what is Malta's capital named!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/ws/community/board/thread.php?fid=&tid=944015&offset=0&;

Comments

• What country is Malta in? :P
  • He thought it was called Malta. The article say further that he didn't recognize the flag of Lithuania.

Another German politician didn't know the capital of Slovenia (Ljubljana) and another one mixed up the banners of Poland and Malta (which in my opinion is the biggest mistake).
  • there are nearly 300 contries and autonomous regions in the world, is every politican expected to remeber the flag and capital city of each one? :angel:

]

[Edited on 19/1/2005 by FlyingPanda]
  • Typically it only matters if you are a US caucasian male Republican politician.

Oh and Christian.
  • ^ Its one thing to not know Malta, its another to not know Canada :hehe:
  • there are nearly 300 contries and autonomous regions in the world, is every politican expected to remeber the flag and capital city of each one?
    No, but they are of european countries and he is the foreign minister of a european country.

On a bad day the Germans could invade the wrong country ;)
  • Hey hey, we won't invade nowhere! We were against the war in Iraq and now we're against a war in Iran.
  • Heard that before.
  • there are nearly 300 contries and autonomous regions in the world, is every politican expected to remeber the flag and capital city of each one?
    it's only 191.That's 191 pieces of vocab. You'd be pretty crap at a language if you only knew 191 words.

He's a bloody Green party activist, he used to beat up policemen when he was young, what do you expect. Bloody pothead!
  • War in iran? I never heard about that, and for sure it would not be like war in Iraq. it would take years to the U.S. to win it.

I don't mind if a semi-analphabet harbour stevedore from Hamburg does not know the Malta capital, or the Lithuania flag, but that the German FOreign Minister does not know it is really bad!!!:hehe:
  • On a bad day the Germans could invade the wrong country
    Hey hey, we won't invade nowhere!
    What about Tuscany?:hehe:
  • War in iran? I never heard about that, and for sure it would not be like war in Iraq. it would take years to the U.S. to win it.
    Bush said that it is possible if they don't find another solution for the A-Bomb-problem.
    What about Tuscany?
    That's a colony, like Palma de Mallorca. ;)
  • Yes, we need that sort of gaffe to get into the news these days! thanks Joschua keep it up!
  • Hey hey, we won't invade nowhere! We were against the war in Iraq and now we're against a war in Iran.
    They're only for wars they start. ;)