Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Misano - Day 3

So, are they continuing the test today or has it been cancelled??

I can't find any info anywhere !!!:(

Comments

• Well, I read nowhere that hey cancelled it - So they are testing

Think positive ;)
  • Fresh From Faenza:

THIRD TIME LUCKY

MISANO, ITALY, January 20, 2005 – After two days of adverse weather conditions, the third, and final, day of the scheduled Minardi Cosworth test at the Autodromo Santamonica was run in sunny, dry, but cold conditions.  The Faenza squad completed its full programme for the day, which included runs for Chanoch Nissany and Nicolas Kiesa in the morning, and Christijan Albers in the afternoon.  All three drivers were at the wheel of a Minardi Cosworth PS04B chassis.  Nissany continued to familiarise himself with F1 performance while assisting technical staff to assess software and hardware that may be used on the team’s 2005 car, with Kiesa, who contested five races for Minardi in 2003, focusing on the evaluation of aerodynamic components.  Albers, who covered nearly 320 km in the first two days of the test, drove for another 110 km on Thursday, as he continued with aerodynamic evaluation work.  Minardi is scheduled to test again at Misano, at the beginning of February.         

CHANOCH NISSANY            Best lap: 1 min 21.800 secs                 Total laps: 27

“We started the session on Bridgestone ‘shallow wet’ tyres, as the track was still wet in places, but then gradually the surface dried up and the grip improved.  I’m satisfied with the job I’ve done today.”

NICOLAS KIESA                        Best lap: 1 min 22.570 secs                 Total laps: 5

“It was great to drive a Formula One car again.  All the feedback from the controls was clear and consistent, and it didn’t feel as though it had been a year since I last drove one of these cars – everything came back to me quickly.  We did just three timed laps, and the track conditions were not the best this morning.  The surface was still wet in a number of spots, but even so, the car was well-balanced and easy to drive.  I want to thank Paul Stoddart and the whole Minardi team for giving me the chance to show that I can still drive an F1 car.”      

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS            Best lap: 1 min 14.740 secs                 Total laps: 27

“I’m satisfied with the work we did today.  We completed our programme and, once again, I really enjoyed working with the team.  I also discovered some interesting things with regard to chassis set-up that increased my confidence with the car, and now we know how to improve our lap times at this circuit.  There is still work to be done, of course, but with everything I’ve learned this week, we’ll aim to make even more progress at the next test.”        

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal

“There is no doubt the adverse weather on Tuesday and Wednesday here at Misano caused us a few problems.  The improved conditions today, however, meant we were able to get through our full programme, and even make up for some of the ground lost earlier in the week.  The four drivers we have had in the car for this test were on different individual programmes, but all of them have performed impressively and done exactly what was required by the team’s engineers.  As a result, we are pleased with the overall outcome.  Working with the Bridgestone technicians, we have amassed a considerable amount of useful data, which will undoubtedly assist us in our preparations for the 2005 season.”

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details

Date: January 20, 2005

Weather: Clear and sunny, but cold

Air temperature: 7-7 deg C

Track temperature: 7-8 deg C

Driver: Chanoch Nissany (IS)                Driver: Nicolas Kiesa (DEN)               Driver: Christijan Albers (NL)

Chassis allocation: PS04B/04                 Chassis allocation: PS04B/04              Chassis allocation: PS04B/04
    Distance covered: 109.6 km                     Distance covered: 20.3 km                   Distance covered: 109.6 km

• Kiesa? WTH......
  • Oops I forget to tell you that Nicolas Kiesa will be our second driver and Jeffrey Van Hooydonck the third driver according to my sources...
  • Yup, that's what I have read aswell. Too bad it is not going to be Zsolt if this is true.
  • Kiesa does not quit and he does seem to have a bag o Danish money....
  • Last thing I'Ve heard was that Friesacher has really good chances to get the cockpit, Nissany would be 3th driver. Time will tell and I hope soon.
  • I doubt if Nissany will ever get his superlicence... Nope, it will be TRDW, Kiesa and Van Hooydonck ;)
  • Would you bet on it?
  • I was thinking the same thing as everyone else! Kiesa? wtf?

:o
  • Maybe I'm getting crazy, but:

-if you do a google-search for Kiesa, the title of kiesa.com is "Nicolas Kiesa - Formula 1".

Kind of strange...
  • You're right. All pages have forbidden access.

Also there was no mention of him testing today either.........
  • Well, I don't care much about the fact that the acces is forbidden, but about the title which is given by google. I don't really believe Kiesa didn't changed it since the end of 2003.
  • I would. It how you market yourself. Better F1 than F3000
  • I didnt mind Kiesa. :angel:
  • The plot thickens.....

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by Clown]
  • Das ist interessieren..
  • Why would you bother sending him out for only 5 laps?

The plot thickens.
  • After two days of adverse weather conditions, the third, and final, day of the scheduled Minardi Cosworth test at the Autodromo Santamonica was run in sunny, dry, but cold conditions.

advertisement

The Faenza squad completed its full programme for the day, which included runs for Chanoch Nissany and Nicolas Kiesa in the morning, and Christijan Albers in the afternoon.

All three drivers were at the wheel of a Minardi Cosworth PS04B chassis. Nissany continued to familiarise himself with F1 performance while assisting technical staff to assess software and hardware that may be used on the team's 2005 car, with Kiesa, who contested five races for Minardi in 2003, focusing on the evaluation of aerodynamic components.

Albers, who covered nearly 320 km in the first two days of the test, drove for another 110 km on Thursday, as he continued with aerodynamic evaluation work. "I'm satisfied with the work we did today," Albers said. "We completed our programme and, once again, I really enjoyed working with the team. I also discovered some interesting things with regard to chassis set-up that increased my confidence with the car, and now we know how to improve our lap times at this circuit. There is still work to be done, of course, but with everything I've learned this week, we'll aim to make even more progress at the next test."

"It was great to drive a Formula One car again," commented Kiesa after his F1 test. "All the feedback from the controls was clear and consistent, and it didn't feel as though it had been a year since I last drove one of these cars - everything came back to me quickly. We did just three timed laps, and the track conditions were not the best this morning. The surface was still wet in a number of spots, but even so, the car was well-balanced and easy to drive. I want to thank Paul Stoddart and the whole Minardi team for giving me the chance to show that I can still drive an F1 car."

Nissany said: "We started the session on Bridgestone 'shallow wet' tyres, as the track was still wet in places, but then gradually the surface dried up and the grip improved. I'm satisfied with the job I've done today."

Minardi is scheduled to test again at Misano, at the beginning of February.

F1Racing.net

That last line of the article is good to here. A second test before the season starts. Hope for better weather this time around.
  • The lasting impression of 'Peugot Nick' is him almost comming to a stop in the Stadium complex at Hockenheim to let the Swervemaker pass.

Never again, please.

I subscribe to the notion that Gimmi ought to be given a lecture on being part of the team and given another go.

• Why would you bother sending him out for only 5 laps?

The plot thickens.
    To make adjustments to seating position and such...? :(
  • quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why would you bother sending him out for only 5 laps?

The plot thickens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make adjustments to seating position and such...?
    Good call! But 3rd Driver for Friday's is my bet. That's all he can hope for.
  • It's the most likely in my mind. Now, if he had raced 6 GP's then I'd be thinking otherwise. :P
  • Kiesa did enough in 2003 to prove himself...prove himself way too slow, that is. We need proper drivers.
  • I told you so..... ;)

Autosport.com

Kiesa in Minardi frame

Nicolas Kiesa has emerged as a strong favourite to land the second seat at Minardi alongside Christijan Albers this season, autosport.com can reveal, with sources claiming that a deal could be agreed by the start of next month.

ITV.com/f1

Nicolas Kiesa has emerged as a contender for a Minardi drive after testing for the team at Misano.

Kiesa drove for the team in the latter part of 2003, following the departure of Justin Wilson to Jaguar.

And with sponsorship funds thought to be available to him, the Dane has entered the running for Minardi’s second seat alongside Christijan Albers.

Kiesa, 26, only completed a handful of laps but was happy to get the chance to show what he can do.

He said: “It was great to drive a Formula 1 car again. All the feedback from the controls was clear and consistent, and it didn’t feel as though it had been a year since I last drove one of these cars – everything came back to me quickly.

“We did just three timed laps, and the track conditions were not the best this morning. The surface was still wet in a number of spots, but even so, the car was well-balanced and easy to drive.

“I want to thank Paul Stoddart and the whole Minardi team for giving me the chance to show that I can still drive an F1 car.”

Albers and Israeli Channoch Nissany also ran for the team on Thursday.

• Also remember this: Kiesa was actualy LAPPED by Jos during the Hungarian GP.
  • So what? Kiesa won a race in F3000, TRDW failed to score a point....
  • From Grandprix.com:
    Who will get the second Minardi?
    The second Minardi is still up for grabs and team boss Paul Stoddart has made no secret of the fact that the drive will go to the man who brings the most money with him to the negotiating table. Stoddart would love to be in a position to run the best driver but he cannot afford to turn away a bigger budget. The good news for Stoddart is that several useful drivers seem to have money to spend. Nicolas Kiesa, who drove for Minardi at the end of 2003, is pulling together all the money he can find while Gianmaria Bruni, although a big disappointment last year, could end up with more cash than anyone else. It seems that Zsolt Baumgartner is not really in the picture and the latest word is that Zsolt is busy trying to do a deal with Jordan, where two seats are available. However the competition is strong with Timo Glock having a big budget behind him and Robert Doornbos the favourite for the other seat. There are other drivers who would like to be under consideration for the drive but have not go the kind of money that is now needed.

We hear that a Minardi drive next year will cost around $8m.
  • Gianmaria Bruni,... could end up with more cash than anyone else.
    Old news - had they read Salvo's interview they would have know that already. And they call them selves journo's.

We hear that a Minardi drive next year will cost around $8m.
    Cash, up front please.