Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Stoddart on 2005 Car

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=1&nid=104343

Paul Stoddart has told Minardi fans that the team's new car will be late arriving for the 2005 season but, when it does appear, will be unlike any other car to emerge from the Faenza stable before it.

The Australian, speaking exclusively to Crash.net outlined the team's plans for the early part of the new season, before going on to express his hopes that the PS05, equipped with the latest Cosworth V10, would be able to take on and beat the Jordans.

"We'll start this year with the '04 car and the '04 engine, basically because, when you compete on the sort of budgets Minardi has at its disposal, you can't afford to build twin cars in parallel while deciding on which way the regulations might go," Stoddart confirmed, "We had to wait until it was clear which way the regs would go and, as a result, we're going to be late.

"The first three races, the 'flyaways' in Australia, Bahrain and Malaysia, will be with the old car, but we've already finished the first chassis of the new '05 car, which is a fantastic improvement. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a radical new look, unlike any Minardi before it, and the new engine from Cosworth will, for the first time, from race four and beyond, be exactly the same works engine as Red Bull. There is no B-spec engine this year, and we are really looking forward to going out there and fighting with the Jordans."

Stoddart was also quick to praise the team's first signing, claiming that Dutchman Christijan Albers would liven up the pit-lane in 2005.

"He's an interesting character," the renowned talent spotter commented, "He first came to me as the reigning German F3 champion [in 1999] and has since been off in DTM showing that he is a race winner again, and I think he's got a lot to show Formula One.

"He got very close at the end of 2002 to signing for Minardi, but the commercial side of it wasn't quite put to bed. This time it has been, and I'm really looking forward to running him."

Not a source I would normally post but...

"It's a radical new look, unlike any Minardi before it", :o:D:o

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by JumpeySpyder]

Comments

• Looks promising
  • Ger, nice signature, but if you mean "if only Montoya was a Minardi driver" the right word for driver is "pilota" because "autista" means "chauffer".
    That means actually "If only Montoya was Mr Miinardi's chauffer" :D
  • ROFLMAO!
  • Yikes !!! and Ger is suposed to be my "translator" while I'm in Italy !!!!!!!! I'd better find out the Italian term for shit just in case.....and I will pay special attention when Ger orders my dinner while I'm in Italy.......

Salvo

please give Ger the Italian phrase describing Montoya as a horses a$$..... but tell Ger that it "means" that Montoya is "god"....... don't worry about him reading this...his English is worse than his Italian....

murph

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by Murph]
  • we've already finished the first chassis of the new '05 car, which is a fantastic improvement.
    I hope they will run it at the next test, early Feb., at Misano.
  • You'd think that if the cars ready they would need to at least give it a shake down before flying off for the first three races as time will be very limited before Imola.

Ideally a race distance completed would be good.
  • I've heard these optimistic words before, was'nt that in 2003??
  • Was it?

Hmmm, let me think.... which was the last year in Jos Verstappen's career? Hmm... yes, 2003, it was 2003, Steve, you're right.

:P
  • we've already finished the first chassis of the new '05 car, which is a fantastic improvement.
    When do all the apologies start coming in to Jello and I about the new chassis?
  • Mail and flowers can be sent to....
  • What would you prefer Jello....

or

? :hehe:

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by Homer]
  • He is too young to drink - but I'll have his share and he can have my flowers.
  • Was it?

Hmmm, let me think.... which was the last year in Jos Verstappen's career? Hmm... yes, 2003, it was 2003, Steve, you're right.

:P
    Err, by saying that. Aren't you emphasising his words? Or is my poor sense of English leaving me out in the dark again?
  • Ehehe, yes Stan, I was only joking.

Please, let me joke a little bit!!!:angel:;)
  • He is too young to drink - but I'll have his share and he can have my flowers.
    Sounds like a fair deal....:angel:
  • He is too young to drink
    Not in Italy. :hehe:

Waiter, I'll have another wine of red glass please. :P
  • Jello, listen and repeat:

"dell'altro vino, per favore". :hehe:
  • Forget the wine, there's nothing better than German beer, and it's even easier to order:

"Ein Bier!"
  • I do like Paulaner Salvator
  • Il mio italiano Succhia!

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by Ger]
  • Salvo - Murph
    I take great exception to you both making little of my Italian. Of course I want Montoya to be Mr Minardi's Chauffer. In fact I believe Montoya (AKA God) would make a very fine Chauffer indeed! So much for the translation book Italian for Idiots!!!!!!! Best to leave it at home eh Murph!

Montoya - the great Minardi Chauffer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • eheheheheheh

"Il mio italiano succhia" is one of the funniest thing I've read on this board, GREAT GER!!!!

p.s. for the record, the right form is "Il mio italiano fa schifo".

But it's not true, your italian doesn't suck;)
  • Ehehe, yes Stan, I was only joking.

Please, let me joke a little bit!!!:angel:;)
    Heh, I knew it wasn't my sense of English.... it was my sense of humor.....
    Thats not what I hear.... :P
    (damn teenage drunkards)
    I'd better find out the Italian term for shit just in case
    Stronzo (sp?)

[Edited on 22/1/2005 by Clown]
  • [quote]He is too young to drink - but I'll have his share and he can have my flowers.
    (damn teenage drunkards)

Jello - you have some splainin' to do!

We'll find out the real truth in Faenza.
  • [quote]He is too young to drink - but I'll have his share and he can have my flowers.
    (damn teenage drunkards)

We'll find out the real truth in Faenza. You'll be with the Irish and the sons of Ireland as well as a few Italians.
  • I've heard these optimistic words before, was'nt that in 2003??
    IAW Steve, sorry guys. Too many words designed to appeal to sponsors in the past for me to be fooled this time. If Paul is indeed telling the truth, i'll be the first to say 'yay'. :angel:
  • [quote][quote]He is too young to drink - but I'll have his share and he can have my flowers.
    (damn teenage drunkards)

Quig don't forget to look after Jello. There's no 'parental advisory' warnings in Italy

We'll find out the real truth in Faenza. You'll be with the Irish and the sons of Ireland as well as a few Italians. [/quote]
  • i found something interesting!
    Stoddart also told the website that Faenza-based Minardi's 2005 car - to be race-debuted in May - will feature a radical nose section.

'The nose is a good opportunity for new aerodynamic solutions,' said the Australian. 'Our aero department really did a great job.'
    http://www.homeoff1.com/news/item.aspx?id=10130

i can't wait the May to see out new car with this "radical" nose... :cool:
  • I hope he means Aril at Imola or I/the rest of the Minardifest travelers will be pissed.