Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Title Sponsorship

Without a doubt, that what Minardi require. $10 - $12 million a year from a reliable sponsor. Hopefully that would provide stability.
On the second driver front, it looks like Bruni has the most money. Someone needs to take him aside and tell him he can't afford to let his head drop when things are going badly. I'd also suggest he loose 5 or 6 kg in weight. The opportunity is there to save his carreer. Outpacing Albers convincingly would do it for me.

Comments

• Are you saying that Minardi might have a title sponsor this year!? :o
  • ^ And they're not even connected to a driver :D
  • now that WOULD be something...c'mooooon Microsoft :P :D
  • ...and should be announced at the end of january....;)

[Edited on 22/1/2005 by Homer]
    Read between the lines in GCM's interview.
  • But are you going to have a main sponsor, not linked to the drivers?
    “There’s a contact, we must close before the end of January. The next days will be decisive”.

Could you tell us, at least, where is the company from?
    “It doesn’t matter; the important thing at the moment is to complete the deal”.
    Am I the only one who actually read last month that Muermans will be title sponsor this year?

Oh yes. My money is on Kiesa for seat no. 2

[Edited on 22/1/2005 by Stan]
  • Didn't we have a title sponsor in Wilux last year? Weren't they really just a glorified regular sponsor?

Until I see a big multinational backing us - not a Dutch bathroom supply company - I wont regard them as a title sponsor because seemingly they're not paying the true value of F1 title sponsorship!

JVC? Microsoft? Coca-Cola? McDonalds? They're title sponsors! :)

[Edited on 23/1/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • Absolutely. Didn't the JVC badge look good on Chrissy-baby's overalls?
  • Damn tootin' it did! :)
  • You know, the more solid the team becomes, the more irratational our members become.....................odd, I would say.

Whilst a solid and reliable major sponsor is desirable, the fact remains that Minardi's fortunes draw further and further back from the unmentionable brink.

Cast your observance back to posts a scant two years and find the hysteria of annhailation imminent in every breathless thread. And yet, here we see the tutt-tutt tones of elitism attendant with the validity somehow imposed by the steady commercial donor of those teams whose results we want to emulate. That there could be another path seems not invade the collective conscience at all.

Yeah...........been on the piss again.
  • And on a school night. Tut tut.

Two years ago I seem to remember great optimism, which is laughable now. Cosworth, Trust, Jos, Justin, etc.

Lease, I agree things seem OK at the moment and Stoddie has done an amazing job keeping Minardi's head above water (how much has he dipped into his own pocket though?) but have we pulled back from the brink that much? I look forward to a major sponsor.
  • I'd just like to see someone who's a household name on the car... I dunno about England, but Wilux are unknown outside of Europe as far as I know.

We just need a more competitive car so we can see our cars battling somebody..... more TV time, more logo time. There's gotta be a cashed-up Japanese electronics company just looking to throw some money away..... where's a Jewish sponsorship salesman when you need one? ;):hehe:
  • I think it's just JVC Holland that sponsors Albers, not the main company, it would be silly for them to do so: the letters stand for Japanese Vitctory Company, and at Minardi there would'nt be much chances for that ;)
  • And it's Steve, the Dutch comedian. Putting down the team on one hand, desperate for Jos to drive for them on the other hand...... kiddies, you figure it out. :rolleyes:

It's actual name is The Victor Company of Japan, Steve. But i'm sure you already knew that, yet you tried to crack a funny. God bless you. :angel:
  • No, I owned some JVC equipment wich clearly said Japanese Victory Company in the manual
  • Here, just for you, from the jvc.com website.

JVC Company of America is a division of JVC Americas Corp., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Victor Company of Japan, Limited.

And from the Sydney Morning Herald:

One more step has been taken in the fight to stop copying of software CDs. Hudson Soft Co and Victor Company of Japan (JVC) have developed what they call "Root" CD-ROM copy protection technology, according to a press release at the JVC website.

If you need any more proof than that, you probably need to see a doctor. :o

www.jvc.com

[Edited on 23/1/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • so why is'nt the company named VCOJ?? :rolleyes:

and you guys are pathetic, putting everyone down who says the truth about Minardi, really, YOU need to see a doctor to get you back to reality.
  • so why is'nt the company named VCOJ?? :rolleyes:

and you guys are pathetic, putting everyone down who says the truth about Minardi, really, YOU need to see a doctor to get you back to reality.
    Because the order of words is different in Japanese perhaps?

Ah and I was wrong earlier. Muermans isn't going to be title sponsor, just a main sponsor of the team.
  • and you guys are pathetic, putting everyone down who says the truth about Jos, really, YOU need to see a doctor to get you back to reality.
    I changed one word.....
  • I hate word jumbles.

But I do like that Jos will be watching F1 from his windmill or wherever the hell he lives.
  • [quote]and you guys are pathetic, putting everyone down who says the truth about Jos, really, YOU need to see a doctor to get you back to reality.
    I changed one word..... [/quote]

you just proved my point, thank you very much!
  • Back to the topic........If we are going to have a 50 mil budget the momey has to come from somewhere. Persoanlly I don't care where the money comes from, why is that important. We should be greatful that some one wants to invest.
  • Mhm... this could become a great week:

Sponsor-Party in Amsterdam
    Announcement of the 2nd driver (Bruni, come on)
    Announcement of the Title-Sponsor.

But on the other hand.... I'm scared of tomorrow:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4187183.stm
  • pfff... who cares. Tomorrow is going to be a great day, we'll find out our baby's sex.
  • GCM's been making trips to South America a bit recently hasn't he??? Could this be where our sponsor dollars come from?? Might Maldonado suddenly reappear as a driver choice???

We wait with a fair amount of expectation.................
  • pfff... who cares. Tomorrow is going to be a great day, we'll find out our baby's sex.
    Is that entirely the 'Catholic' thing to do? I think the Pope would mumble something about 'waiting for the blessed birth, child' before learning the sex. :angel:
  • The Catholic thing to do is not to kill it if you find it not to be the GENDR of your liking.
  • I changed one word.....
    You just don't understand what Jos means.

:hehe:
  • To return to the point of this post. Any extra monies gained from FOM must be ploughed back into team structure, rather than paying the running costs. Thats what the title sponsor is for. AFAIK F1 has not changed so much that one can run a team, even a small one, on TV revenues alone.