Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Title Sponsorship

Comments

• Yes, Jello, it's like Juan Carlos.

Clown, that was the idol of my childhood.

I always feel a little weird when you talk about TOIT here.
    I mean, I don't like this TOIT, but I used to love it once, and I remember my wet eyes for Jean's victory in Canada or Berger's one in Monza 1988 after the Drake's death... I remember Alboreto fighting with Prost for WDC, Pironi's accident, Mansell's triumph in Brazil, Jean's tyre on fire few laps before the chequered flag in Monza (that day I swore: no more gp's on tv...).
    Those were the days.
  • I don't hate TOIT, salvo. Ken Tyrrell said it best when he pointed out it was about bloody time they started winning as they'd spent the previous 20 years throwing loads of money at losing.

This vintage TOIT is, indeed, unloveable. Frog + Kraut + general arrogance/selfishness ensure that, but you can't blame them for being great, the other teams are implicated.

[Edited on 29/1/2005 by viges]

• I mean, I don't like this TOIT, but I used to love it once, and I remember my wet eyes for Jean's victory in Canada or Berger's one in Monza 1988 after the Drake's death...
    Jean's tyre on fire few laps before the chequered flag in Monza (that day I swore: no more gp's on tv...).
    Those were the days.
    I cried too... Clown show some respect for Jean Alesi and 80's TOIT. They were a true italian team. Alesi was 100% italian and wept liek a child in monza, same as Badoer on Nurburbring 98. You don't see that too often (I only remember Mikka beside this two examples) and they deserve my respect. Poor Jean had he arrived 5 years later thing would've been so different.
  • Nice site Salvo, as well as the name of future Minardi champ.

Matt, you better check this out:
    http://www.michelealboreto.com/scry/index.php?v=view&i=1&p=1993/932.jpg
  • You don't see that too often (I only remember Mikka beside this two examples) and they deserve my respect.
    Javi,

don'tforget Pizzaman last year when his car broke down being in 3rd position.
  • RE: TOIT history.
    Its this kinda "TOIT is special " crap that allows them to politically and financially control (ruin) the sport.
    :angel:

[Edited on 30/1/2005 by Clown]
  • TOIT is special which is precisely why Alesi made the biggest mistake of his career going there rather than Williams in the early 90s.
  • OZ Minardi - when Clown arrives teach him respect. White male or not.
    Speaking of OzMinardi... when did it become Minardi Club Melbourne?

way to exclude the better part of the county. :P
  • The name does not matter - I have people from all over the States and a few ferign devils. Evrybody's money is okay by me.

I mean I welcome Minardi fans from all over the world equally.
  • [quote]OZ Minardi - when Clown arrives teach him respect. White male or not.
    Speaking of OzMinardi... when did it become Minardi Club Melbourne?

way to exclude the better part of the county. :P [/quote]That was up to Faenza.
    Continuity if anything... read the clubs part on TOMS, they're all "city" based.
  • [quote] You don't see that too often (I only remember Mikka beside this two examples) and they deserve my respect.
    Javi,

don'tforget Pizzaman last year when his car broke down being in 3rd position. [/quote]

Touché Rafa, but Pizza hasn't earned my respect yet.

Clown, of course not. But ye know TOIT changed a lot once Napoleon arrived. I waiting for a new Waterloo to get him kicked out and have the italian team back
  • Unfortunately also great men are mortal...
  • all red x's are they? :hehe:

• ^ Its not Salvo's fault :P

http://home.tiscali.be/frans.bekaert/Enzo_TOIT.jpg
    Copy/Paste that ^ and change the "TOIT" to the F word (has to start with a capital F too)

[Edited on 31/1/2005 by Clown]
  • Yoko, what am I supposed to take away from the Alboreto link? Yep, Minardi legend......and...? Perhaps I missed something.

As for Alesi........blah blah blah, In the end Alesi was a driver that drove with his heart not his head. He would never have been a F1 champion no matter what he drove, he made too many stupid mistakes by running himself off the road. Good to watch perhaps, but not the way to race. I prefer Mansell myself, boring as hell on tv, even wearing a 'last of the summer wine' flat cap! Not a guy steeped in racing ability, however he was a guy that used every ounce of the talent he had, raced his heart out and used his intelligence to pull out the results.....

[Edited on 31/1/2005 by StoddieBasher]
  • Salvo,

Congratulations on the new tax-deduction. Barry's a nice name
  • Either you're a fan of statistics or racing. Personally I would even prefer my favourite driver/team to have an engine blow up just after overtaking the leader on the final lap, rather than win just because of a single, faster pit-stop.
  • Racers > Drivers
  • Matt, I judt thought you eould have liked to see some BMS Scuderia italia pica, taht's all.
    I liked Mansell (e.g monaco kamikaze chase of Senna after pitstoping with a few laps to end of race) because of his charisma, but if he wasn't first and had to overtake he was a different driver. He too made some mistakes, I don't see such a big difference with Alesi
  • Matt, since you know for sure Jean Alesi
    would never have been a F1 champion no matter what he drove
    could you lend me your crystal ball for some days?

:rolleyes:;)
    he made too many stupid mistakes by running himself off the road
    he changed a lot through his career and he became one of the most reliable in F1 in his seasons in Benetton.
    Good to watch perhaps, but not the way to race.
    Ayrton Senna said that the greatest duel in his career was the one aaginst Jean's Tyrrel.
    That incompetent brazilian...
    :hehe:
  • Interesting piece on Grandprix.com:
    There is always a certain amount of whining and griping in Formula 1 about how hard it is to find money and how there are no big sponsors around these days. Clearly some of the whingers have been missing something. ExxonMobil, the world's biggest oil company, is obviously not struggling too badly having just announced profits for 2004 of $25.33bn. The huge profit came as a result of surging demand for oil and high oil prices and were also inflated by the fact that the US dollar is not worth what it used to be. The company had sales of nearly $300bn. ExxonMobil is a sponsor of both McLaren (with Mobil) and Toyota (Esso).

Shell is expected to announce results of $18bn later this week. Shell is a major sponsor of Ferrari.

So if you are looking for cash, oil companies are a pretty goood bet at the moment.
    Remember reports about Repsol wanting to sponsor an F1-team and maybe going to RedBull??
    Untill now the Bull hasn't confirmed anything.
    Minardi should get Repsol as main sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW,just visited TOMS and they deleted all of last years sponsors except:
    http://www.minardi.it/sponsors/sponsors.asp?LN=UK

[Edited on 1/2/2005 by Minardus]
  • I raised this a while ago saying we should be trying to convince Texaco/Havoline into F1. They're in just about everything else, why not F1??
  • TOMS actually updated their site?
  • There is still a list of technical sponsers

http://www.minardi.it/sponsors/technical.asp?LN=UK

There are a few names that I don't recall seeing before, I don't visit TOMS much so can anyone tell me if they are new??

FEDEM
    CD adapco Group
    IT Unlimited
    FEEDBACK
  • Jumpey,
    these names were already there durng 2004 season.

Quig,
    they also changed the banner from Zolt and Bruni to Albers in ther car with the Dutch sponsors.

Oznomad,
    Texaco was with Jaguar. Don't they stay on at the Bull ??
  • I thought JagRac was running with Castrol.
  • I remember when DeLaRosa went to Jag he had to drop his sponsor Repsol, because Jag had Texaco.
    I also recal the star-symbol on the nosecone of the Jag.
  • I always feel a little weird when you talk about TOIT here.
    I mean, I don't like this TOIT, but I used to love it once, and I remember my wet eyes for Jean's victory in Canada or Berger's one in Monza 1988 after the Drake's death... I remember Alboreto fighting with Prost for WDC, Pironi's accident, Mansell's triumph in Brazil, Jean's tyre on fire few laps before the chequered flag in Monza (that day I swore: no more gp's on tv...).
    Those were the days.
    Pity I was too young to remember any of that.

Minardi should get repsol.
  • Jaguar had both Texaco and Castrol as sponsors, tho at different times. Stewart GP had Texaco as sponsor so when they turned to Jag Texaco was still there till 2001, then in 2002 they disappeared an Castrol came along.
  • Thanks c13, that was going to get confusing otherwise.