Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

and you thought Jos was bad??

from a Dutch website:
Afgelopen week testten Christijan Albers en Nicky Pastorelli met Minardi op Misano. Terwijl het merendeel van de Formule 1-teams op Barcelona aan het werk is, waar ondanks de problemen met uit het asfalt lopende olie uiteindelijk toch nog gereden kon worden, koos Minardi ervoor om zonder concurrentie op Misano te rijden, wat vanuit de thuisbasis in Faenza ook wat dichterbij is. Het weer speelde echter niet mee, gestage regenval speelde het team deels parten.

Ik kreeg het verzoek om voor deze site een verslagje te maken van het eerste optreden van Nicky Pastorelli met een Formule 1-auto. Nou is het niet rendabel om daarvoor helemaal naar Misano af te reizen, en bovendien ben ik deze week met de wereldbeker skiën onderweg in Kitzbühel. Waar overigens door het weer ook niet echt veel geskied wordt, maar dat terzijde. Om voor genoemd verslag wat informatie te krijgen, belde ik dus met Pastorelli, die vol enthousiasme in geuren en kleuren vertelde over zijn ervaring. Tevens meldde hij, dat hij bij de test sneller was geweest dan Albers.

Dat kon ik niet controleren, want Minardi gaf een persbericht uit zonder rondetijden en ook uit andere bronnen waren geen rondetijden te ontlenen. Dat is wel vaker het geval als een team ergens alleen test. Zijn er meerdere teams op een circuit, dan zijn er ook vergelijkende tijden. Enfin, Pastorelli meldde dus dat hij sneller was, en ik had geen reden om daaraan te twijfelen. Dus heb ik het zo in het artikel gezet, als uitspraak van de rijder zelf, die daarvoor dus ook zelf verantwoordelijk is.

Niet lang daarna belde Christijan Albers. Nou gebeurt dat wel vaker, maar ditmaal was het gesprek minder plezierig dan anders. Albers was boos. Boos over de berichten die in Nederland de ronde deden, dat Pastorelli sneller zou zijn geweest. Volgens Albers was dat namelijk niet zo. “Goed”, zei ik. “Als jij sneller was dan Pastorelli, dan wil ik dat ook wel schrijven, maar dan wordt het een welles-nietes-verhaal. Daar heeft niemand iets aan. Het beste is dus om een lijstje met tijden te hebben.” Daar bleef het vervolgens bij. Tenminste, wat mij betreft. Later hoorde ik dat ook andere journalisten die iets van soortgelijke strekking hadden geschreven, zijn gebeld door het managementbureau van Albers.

Ik vind dat een vreemde gang van zaken. Autosportjournalisten zijn met z’n allen bezig om de prestaties van coureurs, en met name Nederlandse, zo goed mogelijk voor het voetlicht te brengen. Als we ergens niet zelf aanwezig zijn, gaan we af op de informatie die we hebben. Als iemand dan iets beweert, dat ik niet kan controleren, schrijf ik dat als citaat van de desbetreffende persoon, zodat die daarvoor uiteindelijk zelf verantwoordelijk is. Komt er iemand met andere informatie, dan zal ik die net zo behandelen. Zomaar roepen dat je het met een bericht niet eens bent, is echter voor niemand zinvol. Dan zul je toch echt met wat meer feiten op de proppen moeten komen.

Nog geheel afgezien van het feit, dat er van deze test in feite niets afhing. Pastorelli mocht een keer Formule 1 testen omdat hij kampioen is geworden in de Superfund-Euro-3000, Albers moest zijn rondjes maken om zijn superlicentie veilig te stellen. Albers heeft immers al een contract en heeft wat dat betreft voorlopig niets te vrezen van Pastorelli, die zijn aandacht vooral op de Champ Cars richt. Albers en zijn begeleiders zullen eraan moeten wennen, dat er in de Formule 1 een heleboel geschreven wordt, waar ze het zelf niet altijd mee eens zijn. En dan kun je wel al die journalisten gaan bellen, maar daarmee doe je je naam ook geen goed. Gewoon de waarheid vertellen en voor de rest de prestaties op de baan laten spreken, dat is het beste advies dat ik kan geven. Welgemeend, en in alle vriendschappelijkheid. Aan al dat gezeur over en weer heeft niemand iets.

René de Boer

Redacteur AUTOSPORT.NL
The site wrote that Pastorelli was faster than CA and Albers and his managment made angry calls to journalists who "dared" write that, according to them it was'nt true, but they did'nt say the times both drivers did according to them.

Very strange :rolleyes:

Comments

• Steve, forgive me. But if you would be a little less greedy in trying to badmouth Albers right now, everybody might have a little more respect for you. I don't like the guy either. But because you are a Jos fan like me it seems that you're doing it for that reason.

I read the article as well. But decided it'd be wisest not to post about it at all. I'm going to give this guy a chance this season, and I think we'll know how good or how bad the guy is in half a year.

Let's just call it a rumor for now....
  • and ffs, do a complete translation. :rolleyes:
  • Big fucking deal. Albers was slower because it was weather effected.
    His PR people had every right to bitch and moan - thats what they are paid to do... :P
  • Steve, do the decent thing, the dignified thing, and throw yourself in a hole.
  • ofcourse his PR is p.....'d of.

The team didn't publish any results. So why does a website just write
    down what one of the 2 said without checking anything else.
    And it's not like they didn't know the team didn't publish the results.

All that website wanted was to just get some publicity over the back of Albers
  • The website did'nt just write it down, they quoted Pastorelli.

and this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a fan of Jos, but you will find for yourself out during the season.
  • ahem... we wont really be able to compare Jos and Albers. If my memory serves me correctly, Jos will be watching on the telly?!
  • he does'nt have time for that, he will be driving champcar.

he has been offered the Mianrdi seat but he wants to drive something competetive.
  • he has been offered the Mianrdi seat but he wants to drive something competetive.
    Source?

• It's (again) a quote from Jos himself in racereport:

"I've had long telephone conversations with Paul Stoddart, he's a friend, but he also wanted me to drive for Minardi again. If I had done that it would hadve been an interesting duel with Christian."
  • Yes, but Paul said also that looking at it at a commercial point of view it is not very smart to sign two dutchies, so the chance was very small Jos would drive for Minardi.

[Edited on 23/1/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • Hey, don't confuse VFan with the facts! :hehe:
  • I'm just quoting Jos, who says Paul DID offer him the seat, so that IS a fact.
  • I've also read that on a bunch of sites. Together with rumors of Jos joining Emerson Fittipaldi's new CART team.
  • I'm just quoting Jos, who says Paul DID offer him the seat, so that IS a fact.
    And I'm just quoting Paul, who is saying what I wrote in my previous post!
  • [quote]I'm just quoting Jos, who says Paul DID offer him the seat, so that IS a fact.
    And I'm just quoting Paul, who is saying what I wrote in my previous post! [/quote]

I know, I'm just reacting to P1
  • So steve when Jos pisses off to campCars, you'll be leaving us, AGAIN!!!
  • How is Verstappen gonna pay for his seat in Champcars?

Looks like Trust's gone. Steve, I'm with Junior on this one. He'll get a full-size plasme Philips screen and watch it from the coach
  • This is all about nothing.

I only wish Albers (and his PR) were a bit cooler about this kind of stories. He can be proud of his contract with Minardi and has to let his driving during next year races do make the talking.

Relax Christijan, there is nothing to prove at the moment.
    So you consider that if a Magazine prints that Jos said SOMETHING that
    this SOMETHING is a fact.

:spank: :spank: :spank:

Please go grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of fact (or feit in dutch)
    Am sure it doesn't mention that a fact is something that is printed in one magazine
    as a quote of someone.

• is hearsay admissable in the court of Judge RJ?
  • Jos might have made it up.
  • Hmmmm ...
  • If this magazine quotes Jos he must have said it, he and his manager own a part of it.
  • I don't think he owns part of any magazine anymore.

But still a quote in a magazine isn't a fact. It's a quote
  • Yes he does, he's been one of the owners since the beginning.
  • I don't think he ever owned a part of it. He just writes for it from time to time as far as I know. And delivers them exclusive news.