Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2n driver - Alea iacta est

According to F1Total.com, the decission about the 2nd driver has allready been made. Stoddart said in an interview that he allready knows who will be the 2nd driver, but they are still looking for driver nr. 3 and 4.

The editorial staff believes that Minardi will announce him the 27th together with Albers sponsors.

Zsolt might go to Jordan, acoording to his manager. Also heard nothing about Friesacher for a while.... so it might be Bruni or Kiesa. In this case, i prefer Bruni!

Comments

• $10 on Kiesa. Anyone?
  • After reading GCM's interview...I say Bruni.
  • I think Friesacher would be the best choice out of the names that are going round at the moment.
  • I tend to agree. Although GCM has a soft spot for Bruni. Maybe Bruni has learnt his lesson.
  • Maybe Bruni No2 and Freisacher No3..........
  • One site has made an early call.

http://www.updatef1.com/news/article/1106547349/formula_one/F1gossip/Kiesa-close-to-Minardi-deal/view.html

Kiesa in
    Zsolt to Jordan

I think they are taking a major stab/educated guess. Not too sure if anyone knows what PS is upto!!!!
  • Choosing Kiesa would be another mistake by Stoddart. Who exactly would be responsible for bringing the team nearer to Jordan. Look at Albers career in F3000 - poor at best. Kiesa not much better. Yes, F3000 is not F1. But if you were poor in 3000 you're going to be worse than poor in F1.
    Bruni is abetter driver than both of them and he's no great shakes either.
    Stoddarts fortunate that there is a requisite for 10 teams in F1 at present. If he made the decisions he is making now in the late 80's or early 90's Minardi would be out of business!
  • Yes, it would be a major blunder, this year is shaping up to be critical - why throw it away, even for $5m more, unless you were still totally on the ropes and threatened with going bust?
  • Kiesa nooooooooooooooo.
  • Although I can't speak latin, I know a bit. Studied 5 years at school.
    I hope you don't mind my correction Homer, but it's "jacta", not "iacta". You should pronounce it as if it was an "i", but it's written with "j". Just a bit of culture to change a bit.

• yoko:
    As far as I know, the verb is called "iactare" and not "jactare". If not, I will throw my dictionary away ;)
  • My bet:

First driver: TRDW
    Second driver: Kiesa
    Third driver: Van Hooydonck
    Test driver: Monteiro
  • Classical latin does not have letter 'j'. Therefore the more correct form is indeed 'iacta'.
  • Classical latin does not have letter 'j'. Therefore the more correct form is indeed 'iacta'.
    Iulius Caesar told me.......
  • well that finally explains why the Saturnian satellite is reffered to as both Japetus and Iapetus.
  • well that finally explains why the Saturnian satellite is reffered to as both Japetus and Iapetus.
  • OK, if you're going to the old times it's fine, i withdraw my objection. It's a matter of time, looks like a winery rather than a latin discussion :D

Rime, mine is

Albers
    Kiesa (I'd prefer Monteiro, but better than Nissany)
    Third: Nissany
    Fourth: Maldonado?
  • No, not kiesa, please, please, please:o:o:o:o
  • P.S: the latin debate was very interesting.

Maybe it's time to add a "VERSIO LATINA" IN THE BOARD:hehe:
  • I'm right with you Yoko.

Albers and Monteiro for me.
  • Ok, as I said in another posting, Stoddart mentioned the following hint:

"European driver, F1 experience, has driven for Minardi before"

1) Kiesa, 2) Baumgartner, 3) Verstappen (not likely)

• What about this bloke. :o

Renault back Montagny for 2005 F1 drive

"The Renault Formula One team is that convinced of their third driver’s talents, the French based squad is more than prepared to put their money where their mouth is and financially support Franck Montagny’s dreams of racing in the pinnacle of Motor Sports.

Renault know that their third driver is more than good enough for the F1 grid, he is fast, reliable and enjoys very good feed back with his engineers, but they simply don’t have room to add him to the race team. Therefore gp2005.com can reveal that the team is ready to finance part of the coming season it if means their driver can race in active competition.

The problem is that, reasonably enough, they do not want to spend unreasonable sums of money to place him with in an available seat, but gp2005.com learnt that teams seem to be taking advantage of the fact that he has Renault behind him and have been asking more and more to secure a seat. However the French squad refuse to be drawn into this game of cat and mouse and are standing firm on the amount they are willing to put up.

Another plus to this is that Renault’s help could incite other companies to join the new French driver, the only one from the country who is still in a position to race in the pinnacle of Motorsports this season. A French company would gain a great deal of good coverage from Franck, as he’s smart, fast and very well versed in PR and interviews. All the country is waiting for him to join the grid and the image of a company backing him in his quest would certainly rise to great heights.
  • According to Paul Stoddart the other driver, (also known as Kiesa :hehe: ), will be announced next week. PS confirmed again that he was also talking with Jos Verstap-pen, but it comes all down to sponsorbudget these days, he said.

[Edited on 28/1/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • Why Kiesa, Vuurmuur ??

Ps said:"European driver, F1 experience, has driven for Minardi before"
    This can be anybody, since so many drivers have once driven some laps in a Minardi (even if it was a 2-seater).

Only the media are saying Kiesa, not PS !!!!!

• As far as I know, Stoddie said that it's an european driver who was testing last week together witzh Christjan at Misano. So it might be Pastorelli or Albers.... I know on which guy my money is on.
  • You got a good point with Montagny Nomad, Stoddie's answer of 2nd driver is rather vague. Montagny will be a great choice, but I guess money would be small. If only they could afford to hire him... :(
    Salvo, no way latin forum. I like it as a logical exercise, but writing every day... you better got to the Vatican City's only ATM, which has its menue in latin :hehe:
  • Why Kiesa, Vuurmuur ??

Ps said:"European driver, F1 experience, has driven for Minardi before"
    This can be anybody, since so many drivers have once driven some laps in a Minardi (even if it was a 2-seater).

Only the media are saying Kiesa, not PS !!!!!

Has'nt Michael Schumacher driven a Minardi 2 seater before?? :hehe:
  • eheh, yoko, latin is the language of vatican city.

• Steve, M$ already secured a seat at a "small" Italian outfit, in case you didn't know !!!;)