Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Midland Jordan

Comments

• I just read on the 'net that some people are already fired, and that prediction is that more will follow !!
    Indeed
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=23372

Maybe it's a good chance to hire tech stuff for a bargain price, I hope Stoddie is aware.
  • As a fan of the privateer teams in general and Jordan in particular, it is very sad to see Minardi fans on this forum ( with the exception of a small few) gloating at the demise of Eddie and team Jordan. Other Jordan forums I have visited have nothing (for the most part) but good things to say about Minardi. The Midland buyout is NOT good for Minardi - once the big money starts pouring in, much as I hate to say it, the Minardis won't even get a sniff of the Midland cars they'll be so far ahead.

I don't mean any offence to anybody here, guess I'm just a bit disappointed at the attitude of some. :(
  • http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=23393

Just an update on the link yoko posted.

kit, you'll have to do alot more than that to cause offence round here:D
  • PS should call some of these fired guys !!!
  • Who knows, Smith teaming up with Minardi with all the rumours around of "a Renault lookalike chassis" in the Minardi 2005 ?

lock
  • I have heard these rumours too that PS bought a 2004 Renault chassis. All I know it will look like a toit, at least that is what Balu posted dome time ago.

Where did you read that lock?

[Edited on 30/1/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • I have heard these rumours too that PS bought a 2004 Renault chassis. All I know it will look like a toit, at least that is what Balu posted dome time ago.

Isn't that still illegal? I mean, buying another team's (old) chassis. Or did the rules change while I was sleeping again?
  • KIT, Many here are still mad at Eddie for abandoning Stoddart during the infamous press conference during the 2003 Canukistan GP.
  • [quote]I have heard these rumours too that PS bought a 2004 Renault chassis. All I know it will look like a toit, at least that is what Balu posted dome time ago.

Isn't that still illegal? I mean, buying another team's (old) chassis. Or did the rules change while I was sleeping again? [/quote]

selling intellectual rights to someone can't be outlawed. The FIA would have a helluva court case on their hands if they even tried to. On top of that, customer chassis still haven't been officially banned.
  • Hear, hear, hear ... for all the fun he has provided F1, kit, EJ did the dirty on Minardi when it really counted. At the time he looked highly embarrassed about his behaviour and so he should. Mind you, it was worth it for those Mercs, wasn't it?

I wish everyone at Jordan all the best. A good team led by a man who always predicted the manufacturers would kill the privateer.

Forza Minardi!
  • As far ais I kniw, Marc Smith will join Toyota and it would suprise me very much if he comes to Minardi. Whatever, if Jordan/Midland is firing people during the construction of the chassis, it can't be very good for the structure in the team. Let's kick some yellow asses!
  • The Jordan redundancies are due mostly to the outsourcing of the chassis to Dallara. The flaw there being that the Dallara chassis won't be used until 2006, meaning that Jordan will be understaffed a bit for their 2005 operations.

Mark Smith had planned to go to Toyota all along, but couldn't go directly from Renault as a result of the anti-poaching agreement between the teams.
  • Yes Jello, but know, he can join Renault without any problems, because he was working for Jordan before.
    The flaw there being that the Dallara chassis won't be used until 2006, meaning that Jordan will be understaffed a bit for their 2005 operations.
    Well, that's positive, isn't it?

PS: May you activate you ICQ for 5 minutes? You wanted to tell me the story about this one guy.....
  • Negative, no ICQ at this location. Hit me up after the 5th.
  • Allright, if you still know what I mean , may you send it by mail to jengbruch"at"yahoo.de?

[Edited on 30/1/2005 by Homer]

I first heard of it when someone quoted Stoddart, who was saying the new ps05 loooked very much like last years Renault. But that's over a month ago, and aI really don't recall were this quote can be found :(. At he Albers party this rumour continued to outlive the idea that Minardi actually designed a car on their own, basicly because nobody from the team denied it...
    But to be honoust, it's nothing but a rumour. But Smith can not join Toyota this year, and if a Renault chassis goes to Minardi it would be good value for money to ask him and join the club for just one year.

lock
  • Strange story:why would Renault need to sell last year's chassis to another team on the grid. They don't need the money!!!

If this is true, we might see Montagny in the 2nd Minardi afterall!!!
  • If this is true, we might see Montagny in the 2nd Minardi afterall!!!
    It isn't. It will be an European driver who tested last weeks together with Albers at Misano=Kiesa (d'oh!)

I heard also a rumour that Montagny might go to Jordan/Midland.
  • Who said they did it for the money ? Renault could have had other reasons.
    Montagny does not have F1-experience does he ? In that case he cannot be the one.
    I still think Jos is in the frame of the second seat. Stoddart never denied he can not be the second driver. He just could not bring in the money.
    But if he allows Trust to sponsor Albers and Minardi in exchange of his own seat, I believe it may happen after all. Why ? Champcars is a complete fuck up. He's trying to get a seat in a chanionship that is cancelling spring tests because there are only 14 drivers out of the minimum of 18 yet. And problems in getting the slots filled are huge. If he gets a chance in Champcars, it will be in a backmarker team again. There's nothing to gain for Jos out there.

lock
  • I still think Jos is in the frame of the second seat. Stoddart never denied he can not be the second driver. He just could not bring in the money.
    But if he allows Trust to sponsor Albers and Minardi in exchange of his own seat, I believe it may happen after all.
    :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
    Why ? Champcars is a complete fuck up. He's trying to get a seat in a chanionship that is cancelling spring tests because there are only 14 drivers out of the minimum of 18 yet. And problems in getting the slots filled are huge. If he gets a chance in Champcars, it will be in a backmarker team again. There's nothing to gain for Jos out there.
    I still rate Champcars over EARL, but see your point. Regarding TDW we agree.
  • But would the TJ Cosworth fit in an R24? And even if it did, would they work well together?

Renault pride themselves in a fully integrated chassis/engine package. The R24 boasted a 72 degree V10, as opposed to the 90 degree V10 which Cosworth will be providing Minardi for 2005.

I'm kind of hoping Minardi have perhaps purchased the intelectual property of the R24, and have redesigned the car to accept the TJ Cosworth. That way we would be guaranteed a stiff and strong chassis with great aero efficiency, and the potential for alot of points...maybe even a podium? :o
  • Surely, it aint the IP, nor necessarily the chassis technology that would be of interest to Minardi but rather the aero data, body design, and how everything fits inside it, that would be of interest.

Whilst most of the teams - led by Renault - have been making the sidepods dissappear, Minardi have persisted (likely without choice) with the huge flat-tops of yesteryear.

Outside of suspension dynamics, this must be an area that is keeping the car from progressing and will be of critical importance next year.

• @Lock

"Montagny does not have F1-experience does he ?"

What the hell has he been doing at Renault then??? AFAIK, nobody said F1 "racing" experience. F1 experience is a very broad statement.
  • It would worry me, a R24 with a new weight distribution. It was already renowned for being extremely difficult to drive in quick corners, I don't know that tinkering with that either way is a good plan.

Renault's cooling must be among the most enviable on pit lane. Our current cooling/sidepod sollution is no doubt responsible for a ton of drag and loss of downforce.

It's definetly time to cast some new gearbox casings or evolve the gearbox itself. Everyone else is cutting down on weight using this method and no doubt, using 2001 era suspension geometry is going to effect performance greatly.
  • [quote]If this is true, we might see Montagny in the 2nd Minardi afterall!!!
    It isn't. It will be an European driver who tested last weeks together with Albers at Misano=Kiesa (d'oh!)

I heard also a rumour that Montagny might go to Jordan/Midland. [/quote]

PS did NOT say that the driver tested in the last weeks.
    He said that the driver drove for Minardi, but did not say WHEN !!!!!
  • He did say that the second driver is someone who tested this winter.
  • @Lock

"Montagny does not have F1-experience does he ?"

What the hell has he been doing at Renault then??? AFAIK, nobody said F1 "racing" experience. F1 experience is a very broad statement.
    Stoddart was quoted "he's no rookie".
    Usually a rookie refers to someone who has not driven a race in the specific class. Thus, to me he meant it had to be someone who drove a F1 race before. Montagny did not. But let's wait and see. Personally, I would not mind seeing Montagny in the car.

lock
  • Many here are still mad at Eddie for abandoning Stoddart during the infamous press conference during the 2003 Canukistan GP.
    Heck, if PS can get over it, isn't about time the rest of ye did too!! ;)
  • I'd love to see Montagny in a Minardi. With all this talk of the team getting hold of an old Renault chassis, Minardi Monty might be the man.

As I said in another thread when there was talk of Flav saying he wants Montagny to race in '05, this is the sort of Tech support from Renault I was talking about. Chassis technology, electronics technology, data that sort of stuff. Do Renault use Magnetti electronincs?

From memory Montagny's contract says that Flav has to find him a race seat in '05 or Montagny becomes a free agent. Find him a home in Faenza lads.
  • Heck, if PS can get over it, isn't about time the rest of ye did too!!
    Very true.

Can we still call him Judas though? I mean, we strated that before bloody Stoddart stole it.

The team passing is very sad as far as I am concerned. Jordan was an integral part of the grid and very much what many believe F1 is all about.

Commiserations to all over at Jordanfansonline; particularly EvonneO.