Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Midland Jordan

13»

Comments

• [quote] I still think Jos is in the frame of the second seat. Stoddart never denied he can not be the second driver. He just could not bring in the money.
    But if he allows Trust to sponsor Albers and Minardi in exchange of his own seat, I believe it may happen after all.
    :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
    Why ? Champcars is a complete fuck up. He's trying to get a seat in a chanionship that is cancelling spring tests because there are only 14 drivers out of the minimum of 18 yet. And problems in getting the slots filled are huge. If he gets a chance in Champcars, it will be in a backmarker team again. There's nothing to gain for Jos out there.
    I still rate Champcars over EARL, but see your point. Regarding TDW we agree. [/quote]

Must...return. Defend...glory...of...CART...

Thanks for the assist, Yoko...
  • The first seat has been given to......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4224963.stm

What a surprise. Where does that leave Doornbos??
  • It'll be down between Davison and Dominguez for the second seat - and I doubt Davison see's anything in a move to Jordan, especially since he's said he has a race contract for next year with BAR...
  • [quote]Heck, if PS can get over it, isn't about time the rest of ye did too!!
    Very true.

Can we still call him Judas though? I mean, we strated that before bloody Stoddart stole it.
    [/quote]

Course you can!! Just didn't want y'all dancing on his grave :D
  • GP2005.com claims that Dominguez will test for Jordan next week:
    http://www.gp2005.com/index.php?lang=uk

Poor Robert?
  • Grandprix.com:
    Monteiro and Karthekiyan to be confirmed today
    The new Midland-Jordan Formula 1 will announce this afternoon that it has signed contracts with India's Narain Karthikeyan and Portugal's Tiago Monteiro. The news means that the team will go into the new season without either driver having any racing experience in Formula 1, which would appear to be a fairly dangerous thing to do. It is, however, not unusual for F1 newcomers to underestimate the difficulty of being competitive in Formula 1 and the need to have people who know what they are doing. It is a pattern which has been repeated many times in the history of the sport and it can be very dangerous for small teams which do not have the money to dig themselves out of trouble at a later date. In recent years we have seen the same concept with Toyota and British American Racing.

However, the good news about the announcement is that Formula 1 will have more of a representation in India and Monteiro will add interest in Portugal and Latin America.

Both Karthikeyan and Monteiro are men who are wellknown to the new team boss Trevor Carlin, having driven for his Carlin Motorsport in the junior formulae. Karthikeyan won Carlin's first Formula 3 driver in 1997 and went on to win the team's first F3 race in 1999. This paved the way for the successes that were to follow for the team with Takuma Sato, Anthony Davidson and Alan Van de Merwe. The team has also won races with Michael Keohane, James Courtney,

Shinya Hosokawa, Jamie Green, Clivio Piccione and Danilo Dirani. Karthikeyan also went on to race for Carlin in the Nissan World Series.

Monteiro came out of French Formula 3 and was briefly in Formula 3000 in 2002 before joining Carlin in the Nissan World Series after an abortive Champ Car career.
  • Monteiro and Karthekiyan? In this case, he can beat Jordan this year :hehe:
  • Well it's official. Only 2 seats left on the grid now.
  • Nice to see you back TB7. Visit FM more often pal:)
  • Unbelievable
    I don't think I could have put it in a better way.
  • Yes, I think we can beat Jordan this year!!:D;)
  • Great, that stops Stoddart signing up two no-hopers, but plenty more where they came from unfortunately.
  • Matt, why 2 no-hopers? You don't rate Monteiro high???

I saw him racing and I am convinced that he's talented.
  • I expressed my feeling a bit more elequintely in a post at AtlasF1, but the gist was... how the fuck? It really seems ass backward this year. Minardi gets the actual prospect who also happens to be LOADED. Meanwhile Jordan signs two rather iffy... "prospects", one of whom we know isn't bringing cash. All of this after being acquired by a group that has some money. Sure it would be nice to sign someone other than Nicolas to race next to Albers, but I think he's on par with at least one of Jordan's drivers and surely Albers is better than both.
  • Midland is repeating the same mistake Pollock did when he dropped Ken Tyrrell. Judas is the best tool the can use to get the new team rolling. And he can help with scouting young drivers and looking for dosh.
    These rusians don't have any F1 experience, and sacked everyone and pretend to start the whole thing with unexperienced people. Minardi has to beat this newbies, no matter tojo engines ro new car later in the year.:spank:
    Way to go Shnaider, you're making things easier for Stoddie. Maybe Tiggy can put up some interesting stuff for them.
  • Not happy that we lost Tiggy to Judas. :mad: :spank:
  • ^Me neither Nomad :(