Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Autosport Stoddart feature

Big interview with Stoddie headlined 'Sometimes I wake up wondering why I bother'.

Usual fare but these points stood out:

re: Indy '04, Magny-Cours '03. 'It only takes one of those moments a year to keep me motivated'.

last year's budget was £21m

'Minardi is financially sound now ... there is no danger of any teams going broke now. We're all healthy little bunnies'. he says Minardi was on the market 'quietly' but is off the market now - he's in for another three years at least.

re: team. 'I'd put my boys up against anyone and know they'd come out on top'.

He acknowledges GCM's continued talent-spotting prowess.

re: pay drivers. 'Let's be clear. There are two types of driver in F1: the good and the great'.

He also reveals a secret that eight Albert Park marshals in '02 physically lifted a parked Sauber out of the way to help Webbo. If they'd called in the crane there would have been a red flag.

Paul is 50 on May 26th.

##

Great stuff. We should send him a birthday card at least - anyone want to design it?

Forza Stoddie, Forza Minardi.

Comments

• Very encouraging!

Such an interview will certainly gives lot of pleasure to Stoddiebasher!
    :);)
    Forza Stoddie, Forza GCM!
  • re: pay drivers. 'Let's be clear. There are two types of driver in F1: the good and the great'.
    I like that a lot :)
  • last year's budget was £21m
    How much is that in Euros now???

The GCM interview talks about 40m Euros for 2005.
    I would like to make a comparison!!!
  • [quote]last year's budget was £21m

I would like to make a comparison!!! [/quote]

£21m should be a little over 30m euro.

40m euro should be about £27m
  • Viges - is that on the e version or the pulp version. Can't seem to find it through Atlas and their link to A sport.
  • Emmo

That was on the e-version of the magazine which is shown on the Wednesday it is being printed. I read it yesterday, as well. The pulp version will be available here in the states next week.
  • I must be blind - I have it open in another window...what is the title of the article?

I see PS is bummed about EJ leaving

I see PS Urges Teams not to lose focus

?
  • [quote][quote]last year's budget was £21m

I would like to make a comparison!!! [/quote]

£21m should be a little over 30m euro.

40m euro should be about £27m [/quote]

£21m = 30,4m€ 2004 budget
    40m€ means a 32% increase, that'd be nice.

Simon nice info for the non-payers atlas', non-readers of Autosport (1 year subscription would cost 914$, it's like 914US$ for me!:spank: )
  • Thanks yoko - I read it in my magazine which gets delivered on Thursdays.

re: budget. Obviously he says he's working on the big sponsor but it is dependent on results so he is in a corner. Understandable, but there must be someone big-ish out there who can see the benefit of backing Minardi.
  • Bunch of slackers - don't any of you think we should send him a card?!
  • May is a way off - there is plenty of time to go card shopping between now and then.

We can leave it for him at Faenza and Fabiana can give it to him on his B day.

Which means that one of us gets to talk to her....I volunteer!
  • ^I won't be as lucky as you Quig to deliver it personally, hence post will be a nice way to deal with mine. You know when is GCM birthday BTW?