Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

This weeks Misano-test thread

From TOMS:
MINARDI MISANO TEST DETAILS

FAENZA, ITALY, November 20, 2004

Minardi Cosworth today confirms the driver line-up for the first three days of its five-day test scheduled for the Autodromo Santamonica at Misano this coming week. It will be as follows:

Monday, November 22 (Minardi Cosworth PS04B)
Channock Nissany
Tiago Monteiro
Patrick Friesacher

Tuesday, November 23 (Minardi Cosworth PS04B)
Channock Nissany
Will Power
Will Davison

Wednesday, November 24 (Minardi F1x2)
Zsolt Baumgartner
Christijan Albers
Patrick Friesacher
Nicolas Kiesa

In addition, Pastor Maldonado is scheduled to test the Minardi PS04B on Thursday, November 25, with further drivers to be announced. Similarly, the F1x2 driver line-up for Friday, November 26, will be advised shortly.
This is the program for the test.
Monteiro stated he will "prepare" the car, making it neutral for this specific track to make it easier driving for the youngsters !!!!

Updates from the test to be made in this thread please !!!!;)

Comments

• Weather

Monday Cloudy with sunny spells
    Sunrise 7:19 (CET )
    Sunset 16:41 (CET )
    8°C -5°C
    1  moderate   1027   55     

Tuesday Sunny
    Sunrise 7:21 (CET )
    Sunset 16:40 (CET )

8°C -4°C
    1  very poor   1024   72     

Wednesday FOG  :o

Sunrise 7:22 (CET )
    Sunset 16:40 (CET )
    7°C -5°C
    4  very poor   1030   92 

I hope wednesday isn't a right off

How old is this bloke? Why did'nt they just roll out Nigel Mansell?

[Edited on 22/11/2004 by StoddieBasher]
  • Because they did not want to grease the sides of the seat to get him in and out.
  • Because they did not want to grease the sides of the seat to get him in and out.
    Yeah, he's the available Israelian bloke.
    Ariel Sharon wouldn't fit in the car either !!!:rolleyes:
  • Nasser Arafat would be cheap!
  • Friesacher: 1:11.154
    Monteiro: 1:13.2
    Nissany 1:14.4

So far the Results from the first day. HE did very well, I think.
  • Verstappen will test on Friday!!!!!!.............................

.....in a Minardi two seater. :D
  • not really, mhm?
  • Nissany was born in 1960 IIRC.

Freisachers time is impressive compared to Tiggy.
  • 1960? Hell he is older than me!
  • Who the hell is sponsoring such an old guy to drive a Minardi? Or is he just there to show the young pilots that there's also somebody who's slower than them? (Zlobin could do this job very well, too....)
  • He looks like dracula but times are better than the young boys. So I like him. Can I call him Dad?
  • Hey hey hey - I can say he is an old guy but the rest of you kids MUST show respect for your elders!

Here is the release from Faenza:

MONTEIRO, FRIESACHER AND NISSANY OPEN MINARDI TEST

MISANO, ITALY, November 22, 2004 – The first day of a five-day Minardi test got under way today at the Autodromo Santamonica in Misano.  One of the two Minardi Cosworth PS04B chassis available was driven initially by Tiago Monteiro, who then handed over to Patrick Friesacher, while the other was allocated to Israeli driver, Chanock Nissany.  Monteiro’s task was to work on chassis set-up, while Friesacher and Nissany, who were both having their first experience of an F1 car, spent much of their allocated time on the opening day acclimatising to the levels of performance and handling available.  Nissany is scheduled to continue testing on Tuesday, and will be joined by young Australians, Will Power and Will Davison, fulfilling a promise made to both men by Minardi Team Principal, Paul Stoddart, at this year’s Australian Grand Prix.       

PATRICK FRIESACHER                      Best lap: 1 min 11.150 secs                Total laps: 42

“To test a Formula One car is a great experience, and I have to thank the Minardi team and Paul Stoddart for this opportunity.  I was just amazed at the speed and the braking of the car when I went out on my first lap, but then, like all race cars, you start to get used to the performance.  I think I had a good day and I hope the team is pleased with the job I did.”   

TIAGO MONTEIRO                              Best lap: 1 min 13.240 secs                Total laps: 20

“It was a great pleasure to be back in a Formula One car again, and I have to thank Paul Stoddart, Gian Carlo Minardi and the whole team for the opportunity they have given me today.  I had never been to Misano before, so I spent the first couple of laps this morning just familiarising myself with the circuit.  Initially, the conditions were very tricky, as the track surface was extremely dirty.  The situation gradually improved, however, so we got on with testing several items and accumulating some useful information.  I was also able to set the car up for the other drivers, who don’t have any F1 experience.  I’m very pleased to have been back with the Minardi team again, and now we have to work for the future.  The next few days will be very important.”     

CHANOCK NISSANY                           Best lap: 1 min 14.780 secs                Total laps: 41

“At the beginning of the test, the track was not in great condition, but the car was behaving well despite this.  The surface and the grip improved in the afternoon and the car had a good set-up, which allowed me to get a clear feel for the performance.  With the experience I have accumulated today, I hope to improve further tomorrow.”

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Team Manager

“The plan today was to keep set-up changes to a minimum and allow the drivers – particularly Patrick and Chanock – to get some experience driving a Formula One car in race configuration.  On that basis, I think we have had a very good day, and I want to thank all the drivers for their efforts.  Tiago undoubtedly had the toughest job, as he went out first on a cold and dirty track.  As we have seen before, though, he approached the situation with great maturity, by starting carefully and then steadily reducing his lap times as he worked on finding a good chassis set-up.  Chanock lost about 45 minutes this morning, while a potential problem with his car was checked out, but he went on to do a very solid job, especially considering he has only been racing for two years.  Patrick was particularly impressive, starting off with laps of 1 min 15 secs and then building up speed quickly.  Once he got to the limit, he put in some consistently fast laps.  Finally, a special word of thanks to our partner, Bridgestone – Minardi is the only F1 team testing here at Misano, and they are again supporting us brilliantly with tyres and technical advice.”

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details

Date: November 22, 2004

Weather: Cold, cloudy with short sunny spells

Air temperature: 11-13 deg C

Track temperature: 12-13 deg C

Driver: Tiago Monteiro (P)                          Driver: Patrick Friesacher (A)                Driver: Chanock Nissany (IS)

Chassis allocation: PS04B/04                     Chassis allocation: PS04B/04                  Chassis allocation: PS04B/02

Distance covered: 81.2 km                           Distance covered: 170.5 km                      Distance covered: 166.5 km

Good to see Massimo is still TM but no sign of GCM so far.

Will look at press side of TOMS later to see if pics are released.
  • I see Nissany's statement was the shortest, I guess the colostomy bag had to be emptied in a hurry!
    I want this driver in a race drive for us next year. Comedy value OAP in a race seat, comedy value car........sounds like a good partnership to me!

[Edited on 22/11/2004 by StoddieBasher]

• Freisachers time is impressive compared to Tiggy.
    Well he did more laps and the conditions were better for him than they were for Tiago.

• Welcome aboard Geno - or are you just a recycle like some of us?
  • Nasser Arafat?

Oh, you must mean that Pales/Gypo Terrorist Statesman that Dr. Frankenstein has been working on.
  • [quote]
    Freisachers time is impressive compared to Tiggy.
    Well he did more laps and the conditions were better for him than they were for Tiago.

[/quote]Plus Tiggy's job was to setup the car, not flog the crap out of it and spin off. Professionalism.
  • How old is this bloke? Why did'nt they just roll out Nigel Mansell?
    If he's the same Israeli that tested twice for Jordan, then he's in his forties.
  • "Plus Tiggy's job was to setup the car, not flog the crap out of it and spin off. Professionalism."

Spot on Clown, and this is why Tiggy should be at the top of the '05 Driver list.
  • Hmm, looks like Tiago's laps were set on a very dirty track and Freisacher took over the car that he was in.
  • Bring back Marques.
  • Hmm, looks like Tiago's laps were set on a very dirty track and Freisacher took over the car that he was in.
    Exactly!!!!
    Before making any degrading comments to ANY driver, please read the PR very well !!!!!!!

It says Monteiro drove in the morning on a dirty track when the car still wasn't set up for the track. Friesy took over from Tiago later and the track + car were better.
    Nissany had another car and HE had nobody to set the car up for him !!!!!!

BTW, Nissany did 160Km and continues today.
    Together the distance is enough for a superlicense. Coincidence ?????????:o
  • I made my comments prior to the PR being released.

Nissany probably used Tiggy's set-up changes.

I believe Nissany might already have enough km for a superlicense from his testing with Jordan.
  • In the Misano test of 02/04 Bruni recorded a fasted lap of 1min 09.627 with the first ps04b (no new aero pack) , 1.5 sec faster than Friesacher. So the time of the first-day test are not very impressive.
  • In the Misano test of 02/04 Bruni recorded a fasted lap of 1min 09.627 with the first ps04b (no new aero pack) , 1.5 sec faster than Friesacher.
    but were the conditions the same ???
    how much experience did bruni have with the car??
  • 1.5 sec faster than Friesacher. So the time of the first-day test are not very impressive.
    Friesacher drove a F1-Car for the first time, Bruni had much more experience. As far as I know, Patrick will test again on thursday, together with Maldonado and maybe Zlobin. I bet he will drive a 1:10 lap.
  • The photos are up at TOMS

http://www.minardi.it/gallery/?IDFotoCatParent=237&LN=UK

I can get the high res ones but none are particularly impressive.

No sign of GCM
  • Nasser Arafat?

Oh, you must mean that Pales/Gypo Terrorist Statesman that Dr. Frankenstein has been working on.
    yeah, like mao nehru and osama bin sung