Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nissany

Comments

• If you look at it this is great news.
    The fact that Minardi has a test driver that doesn't test
    fridays at the races means that Minardi is planning
    to do some testing during the season to develop the car
    futher and beat those Yellow cars :cool:
    Last year we signed Monteiro and he tested in October!!!!!!!
  • So, wait. We signed a 41-year-old test driver?
    correction, a 43-year-old...
  • And according to someone's math at AtlasF1, 42.
  • Thats not really ...old ... you know. I mean OLD is ...like ....you know OLD. Like Doc Spin.
  • Welcome to driver #4, I feel certain that he will open opportunities, and raise our profile internationally.

I also think he's in a position to add a few shekels to the basket.

With a slightly bigger budget we might get some more testing.

He'll also get to drive the two seaters, (there'll no doubt be a promotion for "Reach For A Dream"), We need to leverage the Charity promotions, it raises our image tremendously.
    The littliest team with the biggest heart etc.

BTW, Mr Mandela will have to decline your kind offers to drive for Minardi. His wife won't let him!

Don't see why we can't get Alan Van Der Merwe in the car though.
  • Won't Winnie supply the tires? You know the ones filled with gasoline, put around someone's neck and lit on fire?
  • If he is bringing money, then SHALOM.

If not, SHALOM the same but I do not think that technically he will be the most valuable asset possible to the team.

A test driver need to be an expert to be able to give the necessary feedback. In the few years Nissany is around, I doubt he could give the necessary feedback.
  • shame we didn't call lavaggi back.

Anyway, Shalom Chanock.
    Isn't he a sicilian fella Salvo? Why doesn't Sicily sponsor Minardi instead of Judas, you better go explain them what is patriotism.

RJ are you opening your aon emails these days? I can't get in touch with you :(
  • I was in the conference today.
    Details will follow....

http://www.formula-1.co.il/images/2004/Picture.jpg
    Can't wait to hear your story.
    BTW, anybody know if this car is just a show modell or if it's actually the model for tunnelwork !!
  • I think it's a PS01
  • Isn't he a sicilian fella Salvo? Why doesn't Sicily sponsor Minardi instead of Judas, you better go explain them what is patriotism.
    Yes, he's sicilian.
    Sicily is not sponsoring Jordan anymore, they did 2 years ago. Another spot on the Island's reputation:spank::hehe:

• BTW, anybody know if this car is just a show modell or if it's actually the model for tunnelwork !!
    Stoddart said its a PS04B Wind Tunnel Model and estimated it's cost for the team at about 2.5 million USD.

pictures can be found here:
    http://nissany.iosport.st/Front/NewsNet/albom.asp

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Boos]

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Boos]
  • well done, boos! that is a very nice picture!
  • $2.5 Mil US? hell, that is what we do for a living - I wish WE could bid on that work.
  • yeah, I would have thought that it was a wind tunnel model
  • Strange thing is that UPEX was on this model, but not on the test car in Misano today !!!
  • Won't Winnie supply the tires? You know the ones filled with gasoline, put around someone's neck and lit on fire?
    Wrong wife old chap. Oh yes, and they're called Necklaces.
  • [quote]Won't Winnie supply the tires? You know the ones filled with gasoline, put around someone's neck and lit on fire?
    Wrong wife old chap. Oh yes, and they're called Necklaces. [/quote]

Don't I get points for being creative?
  • does nissany have a Web site?
  • does nissany have a Web site?
    only the unofficial site i have created.
    http://nissany.iosport.st
  • thanks for putting a link!
    i was just wondering how to get in touch with his management. looks like the guy who'd be willing to do a pre season interview with the site!
  • RJ, why don't you try "inquiries "at" minardi.it" ? or something else?
  • not going to comment on that one, Homer;)
  • Boos,

on your site it says someone was interviewing PS!!!
    Can you post a copy of that interview?
  • Boos,

on your site it says someone was interviewing PS!!!
    Can you post a copy of that interview?
    First of all i'm trying to put some unedited home video from the press conference where stoddart talked a lot and i will let you know if i succeed.

A one on one interview was done by the owner and manager of the www.formula-1.co.il site Assaf Shalom.
    I did my best to translate it back from hebrew.
    Forgive my english and spelling.

The interview.........

I met Paul in the Signning Ceremony with Nissany. I was given 5 minuets. At the end i felt could interview him for hours.
    Certenly an interesting man that is not afraid to talk. add to that his personal charm and youll understand why the five minuets frustrated me.

The general atmosphere was that the Formula 1 event that fell on Israel was too big for the local press to hand.
    In an embaracing moment mr. Stoddart had to take the microphone to try to explain to the local press why it's important for Israel to have a test driver.

Therefor after interviews from all the local press The owner of Minardi was glad to talk to someone that was introduced to him as "here is a guy from a web site" and hear that there are in the holy land people that understand and are intrested in the sport.

In the five minuets Paul revealed several interesting things. I started with asking how he sees the future of F1.
    He answered fluently almost burnning the whole five minuets with this single answer. but it seems like an issue that bothers him.

"Ferrari are doing wrong not joining the other teams. It's a step in the right direction and they can't go against the stream. I believe that they will join eventualy. Give them one or two races and they will understand that war against the other teams will not serve them.

90% of the teams decided to cut the tests and only Ferrari are staying out. They need to go with the majority and this is a massive one.

I think it will be wrong if a competing series to f1 will emerged. it will be a disaster. now that Ferrari are going with Berni, It puts the otherteams in a position of either join or make thier own series. 2 series will demolish the whole thing. I belive that there will be a formula to increase the Concorde agreement."

- How will the new rules affect the comming season?

"Don't have a doubt, Ferrari will take the championship easily. what you saw in the last season will be now. The teams are already working on thier cars and you won't see dramatic differences in lap times."

- 19 races in one season. isn't that too much?
    Stoddart laughs.

"It's a lot. But this time we tried doing a smart schedule. Put Canada together with the USA, put Japan with China. at the end the season is still from March to October, so it's not so bad."

- How do you see Minardi in the future? Batteling for points or just being a platform for young drivers?

"Look, we will not strugle for points in this season thats for sure. we can give a good fight for Jordan altough they have Toyota engines. We invested in the new car more than we ever did and for the first time we get an engine equal to the one Red Bull gets and not something weaker. In the future i hope we can attract more sponsors and get forward."

That it i was kicked out of the chair. We shook hands. Chanoch did me a sign that we will talk on the phone. I enjoyed it, i think Mr Stoddart did too.
  • we will not strugle for points in this season thats for sure
    that'sall
  • thanks for putting a link!
    i was just wondering how to get in touch with his management. looks like the guy who'd be willing to do a pre season interview with the site!
    Do you need his management or do you want to interview him??
    If you want a 15-30 minuet phone call i belive i can help with arranging it but then again i can't promise anything.
    I'm not sure how good his english is since i always talked to him in hebrew.
    I will try to bring it out next time i talk to him and return with an answer.
  • please do contact me at

[Edited on 6/2/2005 by forzaminardi]
  • [quote]thanks for putting a link!
    Do you need his management or do you want to interview him??
    If you want a 15-30 minuet phone call i belive i can help with arranging it but then again i can't promise anything.
    I'm not sure how good his english is since i always talked to him in hebrew.
    I will try to bring it out next time i talk to him and return with an answer. [/quote]

Certainly you're doing a very nice job Boos
  • Boos - the intervies Salvo did for the MCSF was done in GCM's native language. maybe if his English is sketch you could do the interview in Hebrew and translate it for the rest of us.