Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Pieces of the puzzle ( the second driver parade )

Dear Minardi-fans,

Let me make a big entrance by telling you Jos "The Boss" Verstappen MIGHT drive for Minardi in 2005. I just received the news after Jordan-Midland announced it's drive-lineup to the public.

With Robert Doornbos being rulled-out of a Jordan-midland drive, his dutch sponsor Muermans will invest part of the money in Robert by securing a testdrive while the other part will go to Minardi in order to secure a drive for Jos.

But, yeah there's is a big BUT, at the moment Jos is not willling to join Minardi in the knowledge he will become a backmarker during season 2005.

So here's the idea, and it's pretty brilliant....

Minardi will start the season with Albers and Kiesa using the old PS04. After the GP of Imola Verstappen will test the new PS05! If it is as good as Paul makes us believe it is, Verstappen will join Minardi! He will test the car on the Imola track and can compare the times with the ones recorded by the other teams during the gp-weekend. This way he can say with pretty good sertainty if the car is able to be a mid-field - or better - contender.

It's all up to Jos and if he like to join Minardi by believing the windtunnel results we should see him as early as Melbourne. This is why Paul kept his options open by saying "The second driver will be a european, he have driven for us before and has experience". Could be Kiesa, Jos, Wilson, etc, etc....

Prepair for the return of the comeback kid. Seal your frontdoors, hold-on to your children, cause Holland will shake when this news hits the streets!

Comments

• Welcome.

Any takers on how big this thread will inflate to?
  • Welcome Crunch!

Interesting theory, but ...... SOURCE ??????

So you're basicly sayig this: Kiesa might be taken on a 4-race contract, with a possible race-by-race extension, untill Jos makes up his mind !!!
  • Thanks Jello_biafra.

I feel welcome allready ;)

I guess this tread will explode and i couldn't believe me ears either when this news hit my ears.

I'm not dutch myself, but i've always felt sympathy for Minardi and Jos. I believe he never got rid of his damaged imago after season '94. When i saw him scooping P1 at Magny-cours for Minardi in 2003 i couldn't help dropping a tear of happyness, altough he was a bit lucky, but 3 seconds quicker than Firman ;)

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Crunch]

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Crunch]
  • Any takers on how big this thread will inflate to?
    I'm afraid it's self-inflatable..........:mad:

Hello Cruch, a warm welcome and put your helmet on!!
  • I thought RJ disabled new registrations?

This probably is bullshit.
  • ciao crunch

Honestly, are you Jos?
  • Intriguing Crunch, but you have to give us a clue to your source!

• So you're basicly sayig this: Kiesa might be taken on a 4-race contract, with a possible race-by-race extension, untill Jos makes up his mind !!!
    Basicly i'm saying "Prepare for the return of the legend!"

If the PS05 delivers, so will he.
  • thought RJ disabled new registrations?

I actually thought I had... somebody help me find the loophole please...
  • [quote]thought RJ disabled new registrations?

I actually thought I had... somebody help me find the loophole please... [/quote]

see your mailbox for the loophole
  • Welcome Crunch, but do me a favour and use ANOTHER Avatar please!! Thank you.

Personally I don't believe one word of this story.
  • thanks frenkiespenkie, should be watertight now but do correct me if i'm wrong!
  • Here we go again......................
  • I still think it'll be Albers and Bruni come March 6th. Gian Carlo said in his interview that he's talking to potential backers trying to secure Bruni's drive for this season. I tend to think he'd get the job done and give Bruni another chance.
  • Pfft!!! I am really struggling for words.

NURSE!!!
  • Same old BS.

The truth is Verstappen will never race in F1 again. If he was rated even half as highly as people think he would be a test driver somewhere right now.

• This seems like much to complicated a deal to be real.

plus no source.

I think Kiesa is most likely, unless Stoddie pulls Gene out of the bag.
  • Actually, this sounds exactly like a deal Fatboy (TDW) would make. Let the others do the work, if the car is fast then he will ride on in & take the credit for being superfast in a Minardi!

Somebody please tell me why I'm even bothering with this reply anyway!

Like Oz said, here we go again!

• Wow, everyone at Minardi can be really proud
    now. TDW is considering a return. Wow, i can already
    see the celebrations starting in the factory. Everyone
    get out your hats and put up the decorations.
    The big disappointment is coming back.
    Time to party.

But seriously Crunch, if you'd be paying attention you would
    have seen that the TDW according to rumours is already
    driving for every other team in the F1 (except TOIT) so
    your rumour about TDW's return to Minardi (to say the leasts)
    is just one of the zillion other rumours that TDW is sending
    into cyberspace. Why, well, what else would a former F1
    that has been spitted out by every F1 team do. It's
    not like he will be able to get into shape (uh, sorry, needs to
    be in shape) for the season to start

:cool:
  • If we could we should get a driver who has proven himself in F1 for us or another team. Zsolt for one or Gene.

Could try getting badoer again. He'll give us a boost and he's had a go in the new TOIT. ;)
  • If we could we should get a driver who has proven himself in F1 for us or another team. Zsolt for one or Gene.

Could try getting badoer again. He'll give us a boost and he's had a go in the new TOIT. ;)
    Won't he be too groggy after the truth serums & hypoextraction therapy to drive?':hehe:

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Alloy]

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Alloy]
  • This is the digital age,PS will just need his username and password and
    he'll download whatever he needs himself :cool:

Hmm, maybe i can try hacking their network.

Username: Worldchampion
    Password: AgainandAgainandAgain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome back Woldchampion to TOIT online
    Do you want

1) become worldchampion again
    2) see the new specs
    3) give that other driver his instructions
    4) see the test results
    5) see the race results of 2005 & 2006(updated)
    6) see the old spec

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ->1

• I am now feeling dizzy!

:spank:
  • TDW fans definitely made this in-between races gap longer I can't believe Minardi will hire 2 drivers of the same country + no source = another carppy rumour from dutch/tdw origins.:spank:
  • This is the digital age,PS will just need his username and password and
    he'll download whatever he needs himself

Hmm, maybe i can try hacking their network.

Username: Worldchampion
    Password: AgainandAgainandAgain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome back Woldchampion to TOIT online
    Do you want

1) become worldchampion again
    2) see the new specs
    3) give that other driver his instructions
    4) see the test results
    5) see the race results of 2005 & 2006(updated)
    6) see the old spec

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ->1

Lol. Would be simpler but an Italian driver would be more effective.

PS GET BADOER

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Minardifan2002]
  • I'm afraid the Lazarus-man from the Jordan forum is in !

But something else does appaear to fit in : Kiesa does not have sufficient money to drive an entire season.
    No, suppose he's got enough euros for three races...

lock
  • http://www.verstappen.nl/picture/2003/Frankrijk/pole.jpg

Old memories are flashing by. I hope to see such a picture after a GP this year. Let's wait and see...

** Unfortunatly this site thinks it funny by replacing Verstappuhn in TDW, so the link doesn't work :cool:

BTW. Lock, i'm not the weird Lazarus you are talking about. He might be a Tom Walkinshaw gone crazy :P

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Crunch]

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Crunch]
  • http://www.tdw.nl

maybe they want to sponsor us? :P
  • swear filters are such a versatile form of enjoyment...