Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

South African Grand Prix - Kyalami

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=768&fArticleId=2395730

Dates set for SA Formula 1x2 GP

February 2, 2005

The South African race weekend 2005, featuring the SA Formula 1x2 Grand Prix and a new international 50-lap single-seater race, has been set for Kyalami over November 11-13.

Tickets will be available from noon on Thursday, February 3 through Computicket.

Last year's F1x2-seater event attracted more than 90 000 spectators so, with the organisers saying tickets are limited this year, get in quick.

This bumper weekend will allow South Africa's motorsport enthusiasts to get up close and personal with some of the world's Formula 1 greats and see motorsport action at its best.

Apparently confirmed drivers are:

Alan Jones, Rene Arnoux, Johnny Herbert (who participated last year), Stefan Johannson, and Christian Danner (who?)

The title sponsor appears to be Altech again. (come on Graham, get Van Der Merwe in the car and Altech on the side)

I think the 50 race single seater GP, is the SA leg of the A1 series.

Regards

Comments

• Jeez, unless AJ has gone on a diet he'll take up the room in a 2 seater on his own!!!!
  • Danner is a German former F1 driver. He's now a commentator for the F1 races on RTL Television.

He also drove the F1x2 in Switserland last year.