Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monteiro to Jordan... one seat left!

Monty, he should have been with us! GCM will not be happy... no Bruni, no Monty. Mr Lego himself Kiesa likely to get the seat. This was our chance to sign a real driver and take some big steps forward, alas I don't think Kiesa can do that.

*Apologies, didn't see it mentioned in the thread entitled 'Karntocan to Midland'

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by JuniorMin]

Comments

• Read the Midland F1 thread !!!;)
  • Maldanado still has a shot..
  • Maldonado or Van Hooijdonck might be 3rd driver.
  • we should still have had tiggy:(
  • I'm confident that Albers is better.
  • c'mon guys, Monteiro might have the reputation but he didn't really blow us away when he was testing was he?
  • No, he wasn't! He was faster than Zlobin, and that's all. And yes, I'm sure that our driver line-up is much better then Jordans. Minardi will have a great engine and if the chassis is only half as good as Stoddie said, we will kick Jordans ass.
  • Even the AtlasF1 board, known for being rabidly anti-Minardi, agree that Albers is better than either of Jordan's pilots.
  • AtlasF1 board
    :spank:
  • Even the AtlasF1 board, known for being rabidly anti-Minardi, agree that Albers is better than either of Jordan's pilots.
    Remind me to cancel my subscription and send a scathing letter.
  • "c'mon guys, Monteiro might have the reputation but he didn't really blow us away when he was testing was he?"

Hang on, didn't he beat Gimmi's time from Misano last year??? GCM was impressed with his talents, his tech feedback was pretty bloody good from the reports, according to Tilley and the engineers. That tells me something right there.
  • He didn't beat Brunis time, here are the times from the 3 drivers last year.

Gianmaria Bruni 1:09.627
    Zsolt Baumgartner 1:11.080
    Tiago Monteiro 1:13.240
  • But were the weather and track conditionsthe same ????
  • That would be impossible to say unless those three were on track at the same moment.
  • They werent'! That's why I'm asking!!!
  • Then the answer is no. Track conditions can never be precisely the same unless we're talking about cars being on the track at the same time.
  • Anyone who has seen Albers drtive in the DTMs knows that he is a good steerer and is really fast! Good wheel to wheel as well. I'd put him up against the thin indian and the peri peri Porto anyday
  • My mistake I thought Tiggy pulled out a 1:09.6 somewhere Obviously not, I'll go hide in my corner again now.

Apologies RJ, I should know better than to question our Eurpoean leader.