Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Its all about the car...

2»

Comments

• Why would you judge a new design before you even see it Fox?
    ? You probably misunderstood me. The point I tried to make was that whatever Stoddart does some people in here will never be happy, even if he does what they wanted him to do.
    It's veeery positive that Minardi went radical with the car because there's everything to gain and nothing (hear Petrol? N-O-T-H-I-N-G) to lose.
  • I'm glad the boys have had time in the windtunnel. They deserve that for all their hard work over the past few years.
    After the guys had a real good brainstorm in the tunnel I hope there was some time left for the car too.....;)
  • Lol.

Reb Bull will get an update of their engine for the second half of the season, so that means Minardi will get an update aswell!
    Red Bull realistic on 2005 hopes

Coulthard gave Red Bull's new car a first test on Monday
    The boss of Red Bull Racing says the team face a difficult year in 2005.
    The ex-Jaguar team, now owned by soft drinks magnate Dietrich Mateschitz, unveiled their new car on Monday.

Red Bull sporting director Christian Horner said: "We want to punch above our weight and grab any opportunities as they present themselves.

"But I've inherited a car and engine from a previous management and this year will be putting in the foundations and a structure for the future."

The team's only confirmed driver, David Coulthard, put the first laps on the new RB1 car at Jerez in southern Spain.

The Scot will test this week alongside Austrian Christian Klien and Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi, who are vying for the second seat.

Coulthard said that to expect the team to win a Grand Prix this season would be a "pipe dream".

Red Bull bought the team in November, so the car is effectively the machine Jaguar would have raced had they carried on, although its design process was disrupted by the uncertainty over the team's future last year.

The team was owned by US car giant Ford, which sold its engine supply company Cosworth as well.

Cosworth, now owned by the bosses of the US-based Champ Car series, are continuing as Red Bull's partner.

"Certainly the power of the engine looks respectable," Horner said.

"Obviously reliability is going to be key this year... we will have a step forward on the engine half way through the year but they are competing against some very big opponents and it's enormously difficult."

Most F1 teams use engines supplied by major motor manufacturers with budgets of well over £100m.
    bbc.co.uk

• Quick question...

I thought I read somewhere that the 107% rule is coming back this year. Can someone confirm this? This could be disaster for the first 3 races...
  • Quick question...

I thought I read somewhere that the 107% rule is coming back this year. Can someone confirm this? This could be disaster for the first 3 races...
    I don't think they ever really got rid of it.
  • It was gone with the one lap qual style - at least not enforced as it had been. I have no clue about this year.
  • My understanding is that you must be within 107% in at least 1 of the practice sessions.
  • Engine wise, I am wondering what the strategy is for the first 3 races. The 4th race will be with the new engine and chassis. So they cant use the old engine from the PS04B in the 3rd race in the 4th race. My idea would be to change the engines after race 1, take the penalty, then use the same engine for race 2 & 3, so race 4 can begin afresh with the new stuff. I would prefer to not start with a penalty with the new stuff.

Anyone else's thoughts?
  • Change engines every race until Imola.
  • When a driver need to change his engine before qualifying he will be placed 10 places further down the starting row. When a driver changes his engine after the quali he will be placed at the end of grid. But when a driver doesn't finish the first of the two races, there will be no penalty.

I think we might see a few drivers out of the top 8 stop with "engine problems" just before the races end.
  • Change engines before the race, tune up the bastard to run 300k's and go like hell. Take the grid penalty.

What have we got to lose!!!
  • Change engines before the race, tune up the bastard to run 300k's and go like hell. Take the grid penalty.

Sanity
  • OK, apart from sanity and money, what have the Romans ever done for us??
  • What about peace?
  • Paths, jurisdiction, maybe even pizza

I think that would be something cosworth would put in a contract
  • [quoteOK, apart from sanity and money, what have the Romans ever done for us??] [/quote]

Built a bloody great wall between England and Scotland.........ya got to love that Hadrian.........one in a million!
  • OK, apart from sanity and money, what have the Romans ever done for us??
    Roads, Chariot races?

• stan, is that the samoan flag?
  • BTW check grandprix.com, they posted Cosworth may be staying for '06 with focusing on prividing Minardi with their new V8 engine they wll develop this year, mayb ven retain Red Bull (they are pretty f***ed up with 06 engines). I'd prefer Minardi to treat Cossies well and keep developing this long relationship.
  • I read on the Albers forum that Christijan was on dutch tv yesterday and said that Minardi will test the new PS05 after the GP of Bahrein. He didn't say where and when.
  • Thanks Vuurmuur. :)
  • I dont agree with what anyone says about Cosworth leaving F1.

When Kalkhoven purchased Cosworth and PI Industries late last year, it was in order to give himself more of a global influence in the sport. Champ Cars owns its own engine supply, and have stated many times that Cosworth folding would have no effect on them, as they would merely find another engine builder to take care of the supply.

Which leads us to their F1 supply. Cosworth have been in Formula 1 since 1967. I doubt Kalkhoven will break a streak running back that long. Currently they have two customers in Red Bull and Minardi. I dont believe Red Bull will find another engine supplier for next season, especially considering Cosworths previous engines (2003, 2004) dont appear to have been bad at all (multiple top 5 qualifications) only they have been in adequate cars rather than great ones.