Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Trulli: "New Toyota feels like old Jordan"

This should be interesting...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jarno Trulli who is driving Toyota this season is not happy at all how the new car handles. Trulli told that driving the new Toyota reminds him of times when he was driving Jordan in 2001.

" "Car seems to be fast and competitive but when driving distances are longer it's not fast anymore." "said Trulli to Gazzetta dello Sport -magazine during Valencia test.

" "The problem is the excessive wearing of tires. It's not the balance. I don't know if it's mechanical or aerodynamical problem. After driving the car three laps it is harder to control it and that reminds me of the old Jordan.

We have three weeks time to solve this problem" "

Source: MTV3.fi (forgive my poor translation)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really looking forward to this season !!! :D

We are gonna beat Jordan's :)

We will have a new car :)

Red Bull is a mystery :rolleyes:

and Toyota? Who knows, we might have our moments... :hehe:

Comments

• Money can't buy you happiness :hehe:
  • BAR and Sauber are having problems too, maybe we can catch them aswell. :P
  • We are gonna beat Jordan's
    Not in qualifying if Trulli's claim is correct. And qualifying is still what everyone uses to judge the small teams by.
  • Not in qualifying if Trulli's claim is correct. And qualifying is still what everyone uses to judge the small teams by.
    I think you'll find race results are more important in the end to be judged by. ;)
  • [quote]Not in qualifying if Trulli's claim is correct. And qualifying is still what everyone uses to judge the small teams by.
    I think you'll find race results are more important in the end to be judged by. ;) [/quote]

Yes, but the public only looks at the qualifying of the smaller teams. They don't put much of their time in the smaller teams. They watch Ferrari, Williams and McLaren.
  • Read this from Pitpass.com, pay attention to the third last paragraph.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=23448
  • Pitpass banned me from their forum for admitting to stealing stuff from their site, so here you are:
    Minardi's radical new car

05/02/2005

It's been reported elsewhere that Minardi will introduce a radical new car at the San Marino Grand Prix.

Having spoken to the Italian team today, Pitpass can confirm that the main difference as far as the 'physical appearance', of the car is concerned is the shaping of the sidepods. However, as has been pointed out, if you look at most of the 2005 F1 cars that have been unveiled thus far, they all display dramatic-looking sidepod designs, indicating that this is an area where the engineers have decided there is a (relatively) significant performance gain to be made.

A team spokesman told us; "The Minardi Cosworth PS05 is the team's first all-new chassis since 2002, and benefits from a reasonable amount of time, certainly by Minardi standards, spent in the Lola windtunnel by Technical Director, Gabriele Tredozi, Senior Engineer, Andy Tilley, and Senior Aerodynamicist, Andrea Rocchetto.

"As a result, there is every reason to hope it will be more aerodynamically efficient than its predecessor, as it will have been optimised for the new front/rear wing and diffuser package mandated for the 2005 season.

"The other point worth making is that the PS05 has been designed from the outset to accept the engine with which it will be fitted (Cosworth Racing TJ 90-deg V10) rather than being adapted to take an engine after having been designed initially to accept another power unit (as was the case in 2001, 2003 and 2004). It should make for a more integrated overall package, according to the engineers."

There is a definite feeling of confidence within the team, and many F1 insiders believe that the Italian outfit might not only challenge, and beat, Jordan this year, but could pick up a few points along the way.

Furthermore, the team has proved in the past that it can think on its feet tactically. Therefore we wonder if, in certain conditions, we might see Minardi opt to run a race on 'full' tanks, forgoing fuel stops.

Before you dismiss the idea, remember that in Brazil 2003, the Italian outfit attempted a similar strategy which very nearly worked, and had the race not been stopped, may well have reaped dividends. With no tyre stops in 2005, a wet race, with a couple of safety car periods, and 'full' tanks could prove to be the perfect strategy.
  • If the new Toyota really sucks, that will be the end of the career both for Jarno and for RS.
  • Can't wait for the new car but, do remember, everything said and done in the off season is bullshit.
  • can't we get da matta? he wasn't that bad!
  • I am restraining the confidence till I see the first results...

I don't want to be disappointed....

let's not be over confident pls... I hate to hear "we'll beat that team or we will outrace those" etc...

I'd rather here "We ALREADY HAVE 5 points at the middle of the season!"

• Well, new aero rules will always mean new interpretations of what will work.

If Minardi's design folks have hit on some combination that provides the right amount of downforce, in the right places, at the right time, then great.

What I would rather have heard would have been 'well, we finally found where the chassis dynamics were wrong'. The PS02 was always a pig when it came to turn in and that affected times in a big way. Let's hope they've found a way to balance the thing.

At least we get to see something different when it is unveiled next month in Mlebourne. That is, those of us that can get down to Fed Square will...........(snicker, snicker).

• Well, new aero rules will always mean new interpretations of what will work.

If Minardi's design folks have hit on some combination that provides the right amount of downforce, in the right places, at the right time, then great.

What I would rather have heard would have been 'well, we finally found where the chassis dynamics were wrong'. The PS02 was always a pig when it came to turn in and that affected times in a big way. Let's hope they've found a way to balance the thing.

At least we get to see something different when it is unveiled next month in Mlebourne. That is, those of us that can get down to Fed Square will...........(snicker, snicker).

There not going to bring the new 2005 car to the melbourne just for a launch!? any presentation in melbourne will be the 2004 with 05 regs car that is going to be raced.

First pics will probably be from a misano shakedown, or rolling out of imola pitlane on the friday morning of the gp.
  • Can't wait for the new car to turn up, but this is tempered by the fact that for the first 3 races the minardis will be a long way behind.
  • Can't wait for the new car to turn up, but this is tempered by the fact that for the first 3 races the minardis will be a long way behind.
    I say we blow off the engine regs, and play the media. capture as much airtime as possible.

From Imola, with the PS05, we play it smart, and follow Saubers example. Qualify for the race, not 5 secs of fame, and score points.
  • We need to TEST the new car.

It may look good in the factory, but untill it proves on track we won't know if there are flaws !!!
    (See the new Sauber for example)