Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Gene joins Ferrari

From gp2004.com

The Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro team confirmed the previously reported news on their second test driver for the upcoming 2005 Formula One championship season today, by announcing that BMW WIlliamsF1 tester Marc Gene would be joining the team as from today.

It was reported earlier this season that the Spaniard would be leaving Williams where he has worked as a test and reserve driver for the past four seasons. After Ralf Schumacher was injured earlier this season, Marc was called upon to substitute but was soon replaced by Antonio Pizzonia.

Marc will test alongside the teams long term tester and reserve driver, Luca Badoer.

Comments

• Congrats Marc - local boy does good.

Another tribute to GCM!

...and to the wise guy on the GP Tours bus at Monza '99 who talked shite about Gene - screw you!
  • Well his F1 full race career is well and truly over so this is the only way he will drive a winning car now...........shame, I like Marc and his fan club are great!
  • 2 testers. Looks like TOIT has no intention of letting up on the testing front.

Lets see if the other teams stick by their gentlemens agreement and limit testing, or go back to normal testing duties to catch TOIT.
  • Why is it that I see the Ant being offered a deal like:

Sign now and guarantee a test drive.....................and...................if we can't find someone better by XX date, you can have the race gig.
  • Not very good for marc, means he will never race in GPs again: he's been relegated from first test driver to second test driver.

But it has to be admitted the 2 GPs he raced last season with Williams were very disappointing.
  • Picture removed as per popular request

[Edited on 23/11/2004 by MCSF]

• Quig, never dare pics of TOIT again on this site!;)
  • I thought ...Gene...

I was wrong.

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Maxima Culpa
  • Gené was fastest today.
    1 sec. faster than Trulli in the Toyo !!!!!!!!!!
  • I wonder why Gene left? Was it because Frank Williams didn't want him as a racedriver?

I hope he isn't joking himself he'll ever have a race carreer with Ferrari. I doubt it'll ever happen...
  • I don't think Marc is that unrealistic He is no Verstappen, he REALISES his time as a race driver is over.......my guess is that he wants a taste of what the best race car in F1 is capable of.
    Now the Minardi team of 99 are back together!!! :P
  • GCM's working for TOIT now ????:P
  • I don't think Marc is that unrealistic He is no Verstappen, he REALISES his time as a race driver is over.......my guess is that he wants a taste of what the best race car in F1 is capable of.
    Actually, I think he is a Verstappen.