Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi Launch 2005

With Sauber and Williams already revealing their official launch dates for the impending 2005 championship season, Minardi team boss Paul Stoddart, has today agreed to delay the 2005 launch of his Faenza based squad until the third of March, people’s day at the Albert Park circuit, so that the new car can be unveiled in front of the Australian public.

It is not uncommon for Minardi to launch in Australia as it can take some time for the minnows of the grid to determine just who will be piloting their cars for new season. Currently they are testing a dozen drivers at the Misano circuit in the hope that they will discover some new raw talent.

Now that Cosworth has been saved with the purchase by the boss of the ChampCar series, Minardi will be running with Cosworth power for yet another season.
I guess it will be the PS04B or C wth a few tweaks and HOPEFULLY new paint scheme. The PS05 isn't due till the Euro rounds, or is it?

Comments

• Probably it will be a PS04B with 2005 aerodynamics. Expect a very tough first 3 rounds.
  • Word from inside is first race on new ride will be in Europe.

Jello, during the so called auction, brought up a good point about livery. Seems thay sold off major kit - so the Team either goes bare or....?
  • Perhaps if Minardi gave us a list of sponsors and importance (as well as a template) we the people could design liveries? I'd be up for it! :D
  • And the whining goes on (from f1racing.net) :
    'Massive' aero loss - Minardi

Running an interim 2005 aero package resulted in a 'massive' loss of downforce and lap time, the struggling Minardi team reported.

F1 principal Paul Stoddart has asked, so far unsuccessfully, for the unanimous support of rival teams to allow the smallest team to race an 'illegal' 2004 contender early next year.

''We will be slow (if forced to comply to new regulations),'' he warned in October.

At Misano on Tuesday, Israeli test driver Chanock Nissany completed a back-to-back assessment of the 2004 and 2005 aero packages in a Minardi.

''There is much less downforce,'' he reported of the latter, ''and I believe the cars will be much more difficult to drive.''
  • What whining?
    The only Stoddart quote is: ''We will be slow"
    How the fuck is that whining? :rolleyes:

Stop listen to Matt :rolleyes:
  • With the whining I mean that they tried the 2005 aero changes only 1 afternoon and they already say:
    We will be tooooooo slow so pleaaaaase let us run the 2004 package !!!!!!!!

The other teams will say: test more, change set-ups, change aero, and after that..... MORE TESTING (untill they get it right ).

Btw, I'm not a pessimistic person!!!!
    But I will not be very positive this winter; this way I won't be let down that much when the season starts !!!;)

[Edited on 24/11/2004 by Minardus]
  • Its not whining, it may be pessimistic, but it aint whining :rolleyes:
    And the fact is it will be slow, even the TOIT will be slow with the huge loss of downforce....
  • Let's just say that we both have different definitions of the word "whining", OK ?;)
  • Perhaps if Minardi gave us a list of sponsors and importance (as well as a template) we the people could design liveries? I'd be up for it! :D
    I could not agree more! Some of the liveries that have come off this board have been great - certainly better than the scheme's that PS has paid for.

Although I really did like the '01 car.

[Edited on 24/11/2004 by MCSF]

[Edited on 24/11/2004 by MCSF]
  • Bolting on new parts to a chassis that is crap is still gonna produce crap. The current chassis in my opinion has been taken to its limits. Hopefully they can produce a new chassis that is good then the new aerodynamics will not be so bad and in all hopes better.
  • They'll only 'bolt things on' for the first 3 races.

• 'Massive' aero loss - Minardi

Running an interim 2005 aero package resulted in a 'massive' loss of downforce and lap time, the struggling Minardi team reported.

F1 principal Paul Stoddart has asked, so far unsuccessfully, for the unanimous support of rival teams to allow the smallest team to race an 'illegal' 2004 contender early next year.

''We will be slow (if forced to comply to new regulations),'' he warned in October.

At Misano on Tuesday, Israeli test driver Chanock Nissany completed a back-to-back assessment of the 2004 and 2005 aero packages in a Minardi.

''There is much less downforce,'' he reported of the latter, ''and I believe the cars will be much more difficult to drive.''
    Look at this a bit more carefully. The quote from PS "We will be slow" is from October and if you were to go back and look at the quotes from that time, most of it was referring to the unlikely situation of having to run the old engines. The only new quote has come from Chanock Nissany after one afternoon of driving an old car adapted to the new regs.

The whole report is out of context and referring to it as whining is reaching just a bit.
  • Good catch Skruff.
  • Thanks for pointing that out Skruff!!!

I should read more carefully before making any comment !!!;)
  • ''There is much less downforce,'' he reported of the latter, ''and I believe the cars will be much more difficult to drive.''
    Good!!! About time too! Now it will need an element of skill to drive these cars cos lately there have been many drivers who could'nt drive but can with the way F1 cars were built and managed..........
  • ^ Don't forget traction control :rolleyes:
  • Speaking of livery,

wouldn't it be nice if Superfund came in with a long term money deal...

One can only hope...
  • Here's an idea.

I'm sure Jag have a lot of paint left over, which they no longer need, and green overalls. Stoddart will get it for a song.

Paint it Jag green, Get Superfund to up the ante and become title sponsor.

It still will be the slowest car, but at least look better.:D