Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New Jordan

More pics up at F1racing.net

Whats up with the wings in front of the side pods?
At least we have sponsors on our car and not just 2 suppliers.

Comments

• "New" Jordan? Looks like the old one with 05-aero (apart from the wings at the site pods). Yeah, should be possible to beat them.

[Edited on 7/2/2005 by Homer]
  • Looks very odd. In addition to the wings at the front of the sidepods, notice the small winglet below the chimney.

Seems as if they're just trying everything and hoping that it works. However, for a small team with no new 2005 car, what alternative do they have except to attempt something funky?

We'll probably have to do something equally weird, hopefully it'll look better. On second tought, screw looking better, let's hope it WORKS better!
  • Jordan ran those sidepod wings last season.
  • Whats with the little fin on the outside of the sidepod? Anyone say 'lift"? :P
  • Whats with the little fin on the outside of the sidepod? Anyone say 'lift"? :P

Tyre cutter !! ;)

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by JumpeySpyder]
  • From GrandPrix.com:
    The new(ish) Jordan appears
    The new Jordan EJ15 is a tidied up version of the 2004 car, in line with the new regulations and fitted with the latest Toyota V10 engine. The team was planning to build a second car for later in the year although it is now not clear whether or not this will happen following the departure of technical director Mark Smith and the confirmation that the team will have Dallara-built chassis next season. The first car was shaken down yesterday by Tiago Monteiro on the national circuit at Silverstone. The shakedown work will continue for the rest of the week with Monteiro and Narain Karthikeyan both driving.
    We're sooo going to kick Jordan's ass in 2005 !!!!!!
    9th place WCC: here we come !!!!!!
  • We're sooo going to kick Jordan's ass in 2005 !!!!!!
    9th place WCC: here we come !!!!!!
    If Midland really don't put any effort in next seaon (which will have to be seen!), I will find no pride in beating them.
    It's much more satisfying to win because you've got stronger, than that your opponent has lost interest. It's a bloody shame!
  • I wonder if we shouldn't be targeting RB, with the same engine, they will be a good indicator of where we stand chassiswise.

I think the EJ14 wasn't a great chassis to start with, and now it's being bastardised to fit the Toyota mill.

• That's the "tidied up" version, and it's still the ugliest thing since the McLaren MP4-10. I weep for the drivers, that team is going to be no place for a rookie.

• Whats the big deal about the Midland aka Jordan? Forget them we should be looking at Red Bull and Toyota! Forget Midland- Minardi should be looking higher !
  • The Bull and Toyo have Michelin tires/tyres.
    They will be better than us !!!!!!

There are rumours that Bridgestone's rubber don't last long enough !!!
    See TOIT's test times last week !!!!
  • The Bull and Toyo have Michelin tires/tyres.
    They will be better than us !!!!!!

There are rumours that Bridgestone's rubber don't last long enough !!!
    See TOIT's test times last week !!!!
    Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • We should be able to beat them with the new car, dunno with current. I'd like to agree with Alloy, we better looking for comparison with Red Bullshite rather than Midland, but it's still too early to predict.
  • As I stated earlier I fear for the Bridgestones !!!!
    Grandprix.com posted some numbers that confirm my fear:
    Formula 1 testing has been going on now for about a month and, according to our colleagues at F1Total.com, the man who has done the most testing in 2005 is BMW Williams's Nick Heidfeld, who has completed 13 days of tests and 3,021 miles of running. Jarno Trulli is next with 2,388 miles in his Toyota and Franck Montagny who has managed a total of 2,294 miles for Renault. When all the running is added up the team that has done the most is BAR-Honda which was clocked 7,843 miles, which is well clear of Toyota (7,405 miles) and Williams (7,189 miles). Ferrari has completed just 4,732 miles. The teams have been running different specification cars but the model with the most miles is the Toyota TF105 which has clocked up 5,530 miles.

Perhaps the most telling statistic, however, is the total mileage done by the two tyre companies. Michelin-shod cars have completed 38,081 miles of testing while Bridgestone cars have managed only 5,339 miles, seven times less mileage than Michelin. If the amount of knowledge gained increases with the number of miles run, it would seem to be logical to suggest that Bridgestone will go into the new season at an appreciable disadvantage to Michelin.
  • could be a good thing though, Iff Bridgestone truely needs to get more milage, Minardi could be an interesting option for them?
  • Welcome Michiel23
    Minardi could be an interesting option for them?
    Minardi are an interesting option - trouble is Im not sure they've noticed:angel:
  • Welcome Michiel,

You mean that B-Stone might pay us to test???
    Now, that would be convenient!!!!!!:)
  • yes thats what i meant. Because if they need to get more milage it might be interesting for them to concentrate on more teams than only TOIT...
  • Rubens tested a new construction Bridgestone today and finished 4th quickest...
  • Was his quickest time on new rubber ???
  • I have no interest in Aero stuff really and thus no knowledge. However is'nt it usually true that when there are more of these parts stuck to the car it's usually an attempt to correct a inherent flaw and thus the more there are during the course of the season, the worse the problem? I remember Minardi doing just that and other teams as well.
  • I've never seen a Minardi that looked THAT bad Matt. Check out the 'shoulder' wings in front of the pods. Disasterous.

No idea, Minardus.
  • Besides the money factor last season, all we did was put a wing on the engine cover, nowhere near as bad as those wings on the front of Jordan's sidepod.
  • "New" Jordan? Looks like the old one with 05-aero (apart from the wings at the site pods). Yeah, should be possible to beat them.

[Edited on 7/2/2005 by Homer]

it looks quite the same, but it's still very unlikely Minardi will close the gap.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Steve]
  • it looks quite the same, but it's still very unlikely Minardi will close the gap.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Steve]
    Mind explaning this..?
  • If you guys think the Jordan has strange wings, you should take a look at McLaren!!!!!
    Theircar looks like a moose !!!!
  • If you guys think the Jordan has strange wings, you should take a look at McLaren!!!!!
    Theircar looks like a moose !!!!
    The difference is, that McLaren are looking to recover some downforce by trying a new place. Jordan's wings were there last year (so there's no recovery to speak of), and they seem to be trying to fix a fundamental problem with their sidepods.

There doesn't appear to be anything new on the Jordan except the Engine.

We don't even know much about the Engine.
    It is a stage behind Toyota, is it the same?

It's fitting into a chassis which is already unweildy, and two rookies are going to have to sort this one out.

It's going to be a very tough year for those rookies.

• Indeed. And they didn't reduced their sidepods BTW. Everybody but them did.

Tough time for the komrades
  • And they also removed the wing from the engine cover.
  • Even I am getting optimistic about Minardi's chances now I see this Jordan screw up.