Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Historic Moment

Listen vury carefully..............I weel say thees ernlee wernce:

Paul Stoddart is a goose.

Now for the qualifying statement.

Just read a piece on Pitpass that deals with a letter that Stoddart (as leader of the 'Rebels') received from Max Mosley.

In the letter, Max makes it clear that he (read FIA) aint gonna get involved in rule-changing to reduce costs if Stoddart and his band don't play with the FIA and TOIT.

In my view, Max is disserving the sport by taking the route he has and his letter, with its clear threat and dismissive tone would anger anyone, let alone a crusader who is starting to actually get a bit of momentum up. In fact I'd go so far as to say (you need a sense of egalitarianism to understand the next part so Poms stop reading now to save confusion) that it is deliberately couched in 'don't you know your place' terms in order to elicity the sort of action that it has; namely - disclosure.

What Stoddart has done wrong - if in fact he is the one responsible - is to make the contents of the letter public, or at the very least (as the recipient) failed to ensure its security.

This will end very badly. Mosely has enormous dignitas and laying his 'me-to-you' text open to public srutiny will reflect very badly on Stoddart. In fact, I would expect the ranks of the rebels to thin very quickly from this point.

From a strategic point of view, this is a black mark against Stoddart and will largely negate the validity of the group that he has been representing.

Oh if only he would appoint a decent relationship strategist. Now I wonder who would have the qualities to carry out such a sensitive and critical coalface role?????

Comments

• Yuo read the 12 page article or the 'snippet'?

Mosely reproduced the letters from Stoddart representing the 9 teams... Max has to prepare for the 9 teams (not just stoddart) to call his bluff. Won't the shit hit the fan when 9 teams use v10's and Ferrari come out with a V8. The FIA rules 9 entrants invalid, they go to court and the FIA look like 'geese'.
  • A TOIT V 8 would prob beat anybody else V 10 anyway - unless of course Minardi were to dev a lump in Faenza.
  • Genuinely can't work out whether Lease is being sarcastic. What a shame.
  • Oh if only he would appoint a decent relationship strategist. Now I wonder who would have the qualities to carry out such a sensitive and critical coalface role?????
    Ron Dennis?
  • Genuinely can't work out whether Lease is being sarcastic. What a shame.
    Blame the beer, not this old marsupial