Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Your questions for Chanoch

Got an email back from Chanoch's management today and an interview will be arranged in the foreseeable future.

Your questions please...

Comments

• Do you have a plan laid out for entering F1? What is it? Besides gaining experience, what can you realistically do at Minardi?
  • As an ageing Israeli playboy with no racing pedigree whatsoever, do you think the engineers will listen to a word you say?
  • This year you'll be the 4'th driver for Minardi, not driving on the F1 weekends.
    Do you have any plans in the foreseeable future to also drive on F1 weekends
    at Minardi or any of the other teams and how do you feel about not being
    able to drive during the F1 weekends
  • I suppose you know that last year Monteiro was 4th driver and that he didn't get to test during the season. He tested in the autumn of 2004 !!!

Did you arrange a clause in your contract that you have to test every few-months?? Let's say: april, june, september ????
  • Have you managed to .... oh never mind. It never gets asked. :mad:
  • Who are your baackers and which is the current interest in Israel about F1?
  • Although I don't know any specifics - hence how to phrase it, but could you ask him if his religion will get in the way of racing.
  • ageing
    Easy bud - he ain't dead yet.

My question is how much in dollars are you bringing?
  • Simple and to the point - are you any good?
  • Question for him : Who the hell are you? What is your stance on the Israeli occupation of Palestine? (will always stir up a boring interview, ha ha!)
  • My question:

You havent been around in Motor Racing for very long, yet you have managed to quickly make your way to the top level of the sport. What advice do you have for young drivers (like myself) attempting to repeat your feat?
  • Well, I think I will make unpopular now, but:

I've got a lot of respect for this guy! I mean, he could be my dad and he has the fitness to drive a formula-1-car. Allright, he's slow, but he has only 3 years of experience and I bet he would beat everyone of us (mhm... also Brooksey? Maybe we can arrange a little shootout at Misano ;) ).

My question: Did you ever believed that you could come into the Formula 1 in such a short time?
  • what's the name of our israeli friend... Boos? Sorry for my bad memory. Boos (if it's you) I have to ask you something, a little favour. Coul you get in touch with me? RJ's got my email.
  • Of course he could beat me, I think an F1 car would be a teensy bit more difficult to drive than an FV. Then again, he has traction control, power steering, paddle shift...I think someone had better organise that Misano test! ;) :D
  • I've got a lot of respect for this guy! I mean, he could be my dad
    That means I could be your Dad.
  • you've got a son in Germany?
  • Meybe he went parachuting near the yank base in Germany. Quig you never mentioned you liked german charcuterie, you wicked:spank:

Homer... I am your father
  • You havent been around in Motor Racing for very long, yet you have managed to quickly make your way to the top level of the sport. What advice do you have for young drivers (like myself) attempting to repeat your feat?
    You don't need a driver of F1 pedigree to give you an accurate answer to that.

There are two distinct ways of guaranteed success in making your way up the motorsport ladder qucker than guys with more ability -
    1. - Be rich, either start a über-successful business (i.e., David Thexton), or be born into a rich family. With a daddy who owns one of the worlds richest companies, 17 year old Neslon Phillipe was able to drive in the top echelon of motorsport after only a single season of car racing.
    2. - Be born into a famous racing family, while keeping the famous name. i.e. - Ralf Schumacher, A.J. Foyt IV, Jamie Brock, Steven Johnson, Fabian Coulthard, Bruno Senna, Nelson Piquet's kid, etc. No one cares that these guys usually can't drive half as good as their famous relatives, they're making money off their name.

Of course, if you want to do it the traditional way, run your own car, don't wriote it off every weekend, don't be afraid to spend money when necessary, and get to know as many people in the business as possible...
  • So, when's the interview ???
  • good point

i was told by his manager that i should contact him when I was there by getting in touch with minardi's press assistant, which i did... to no avail