Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Williams - all set to suck?

Has hiring Loic Bigois been a major, major f*ck up?

Geez... as some of you would be aware Jag knocked him back for a far more meagre job last year. :o

What would Williams know that Jag didn't?

Comments

• Hold on, Bigois is not senior aerodinamicist at williams.
  • My motto is "never talk before the third race", but for sure the impression is that Williams is going to have another failure this year.

Bigois already fucked up both in Prost and in Jaguar.
  • Hold on, Bigois is not senior aerodinamicist at williams.
    I'm pretty sure he is. :o
  • He is 2nd in charge. There is something in F1 Racing about it I think.
  • Didn't Bigois get a promotion after Terzi's resignation?

He did well with Minardi, Manlio.
  • The problem they have is with the engine. They are waiting for an engine upgrade, because the current one sucks. What I read is that they opted back to last years engine, the new one was a dnf factory.
  • He did well with Minardi, Manlio.
    :D, an american who uses sarcasm.....ha ha, what is the world coming to???
  • Right Matt, brit music sounds like mtv yank pop crap and can't make it to the top lists after years of success. What's next? You get baseball and bombs, swapping them for fish and chips
  • [quote]He did well with Minardi, Manlio.
    :D, an american who uses sarcasm.....ha ha, what is the world coming to??? [/quote]

I am a sarcastic sonuva bitch, but that wasn't sarcasm. The PS02 was quite good by 2002 standards.
  • Never!
    chauvinist...
  • Absolutely!
  • A Pom accepting a French word as a desciptor of himself.

What IS the world coming to?
  • I think we're going to see some major changes in the Williams technical line-up. Patrick Head is never one to stand aprt for long. I suspect that Sam Michael may be given his P45. The guy gas presided over 2 bad starts to the season. Its difficult enough to make a slow car quick.
    Fisher may be asked to g as well. Frank Dernie may be brought onboard in a TD role as opposed to simply a consultant.
  • I want Bigois to be shown the door. He has never been much cop and I can't for the life of me figure out why Williams suddenly thought he could solve their problems. :rolleyes:
  • He is 2nd in charge. There is something in F1 Racing about it I think.
    According to the Official Melbourne GP Programme Bigois is the 'Chief Aerodynamicist' at Williams. :angel:
  • updatef1.com? Never heard of 'em. :hehe:

I'll wait until itvf1 or grandprix report it.

'according to speculation' *pfft* :rolleyes:

• Ha ha, Frank my dear chum, you're saying that 11 years too late, he's been a bloody laughing stock since 1994!

http://www.updatef1.com/news/article/1109229180/formula_one/F1headlines/Dont-laugh-at-David/view.html

[Edited on 24/2/2005 by StoddieBasher]
  • Isn't Dr John Davis at FW as well, if that's the case I've also heard whispers that he's not happy there and looking to leave.
  • From Grandprix.com:
    Changes at Williams
    The BMW Williams team is not, as widely reported, in the process of "dumping" aerodynamicist Dr John Davis. The reality is rather different as David resigned from the team in June last year and left the team completely after the necessary six months of notice. Davis has been working on a different project since the beginning of January although he is not currently letting on what that may be. Davis's major role at Williams was to oversee the construction of the team's second windtunnel. This was completed before he departed. Thus any stories suggesting that Davis is somehow to blame for problems with the new Williams should be disregarded.
  • Just saw that one as well Minardus. Came here to refute my own rumour.