Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

test

Comments

• Well here it is from Faenza -:

FRIESACHER AND ALBERS ON TRACK AT IMOLA

IMOLA, ITALY, February 19, 2005 – The Minardi F1 Team today staged its final test prior to the start of the 2005 Formula One season, in Melbourne, in two weeks’ time.  The Faenza squad fielded a pair of Minardi Cosworth PS04B chassis, for Christijan Albers and newly signed race driver, Patrick Friesacher.  The primary purpose of the test was to allow both men to continue acclimatising to F1 performance and to familiarise themselves with the Imola circuit, which will be the site of the first Grand Prix of the 2005 European season, in April.  In addition, the technical programme today involved aerodynamic work and evaluation of the Bridgestone tyres the team will use in Australia.       

PATRICK FRIESACHER         Best lap: 1 min 25.872 secs                 Total laps: 59

“I’m very happy with the way things have gone today, particularly since this is only my second time in a Minardi since the Misano test.  I gained more confidence in the car with each lap.  We did a long run this afternoon, aimed at tyre evaluation, and apart from getting some good information, it also gave me a chance to test my fitness, which I’m pleased to say, seems good.  We finished the day without any problems, and I have to thank the whole team for their efforts – the atmosphere is fantastic.  I can’t wait to get to Melbourne.” 

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS            Best lap: 1 min 25.980 secs                 Total laps: 47

“Overall, I think we have had a good test today, and I feel like I have done a good job.  The morning session was particularly positive, as I was able to work with the engineers to develop some aerodynamic approaches the team is looking at.  We have not had any technical problems today, and I think this a good sign for our last test before Melbourne.” 

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Sporting Director and Team Manager

“Both drivers did good, solid jobs today, and there was nothing between them in terms of lap times, even though they were on different programmes.  Christijan helped us to gain some important aerodynamic information that will be relevant to the PS05, while Patrick completed a long run in the afternoon on the 2005 Melbourne-specification tyres, and also recorded some interesting results.  We particularly want to thank Bridgestone once again for their support, and we now look forward to the start of the new season, in Australia.”

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal

“This has been a very useful final pre-season test for the team.  Christijan and Patrick were assigned different tasks today, but both did exactly what was required and provided the team’s technical staff with some useful data.  It has also been a worthwhile personal exercise for both drivers, in that they have now accumulated some experience of the Imola circuit in a Formula One car, which should stand them in good stead when they return here for the San Marino Grand Prix.”      

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details

Date: February 19, 2005

Weather: Sunny, but cold

Air temperature: 2-11 deg C

Track temperature: 5-19 deg C

Driver: Patrick Friesacher (A)                Driver: Christijan Albers (NL)

Chassis allocation: PS04B/03                Chassis allocation: PS04B/04

Distance covered: 324.1 km                    Distance covered: 258.2 km

Heh. :)
  • Minardi has gone back to a round airbox opening for the 04B. That's odd.

Respectable times, I'd say.
  • Times seem very good on comparison with Sauber- any chance that we are using 04 aero in preparation for Melbourne?
  • Pictures show 05 wings.
  • 05 wings??

today

brazil

looks like the same wing to me...
  • The end plates on the rear are longer, the entire wing moved forward. Look at all the space between the front wing and the ground, too.
  • oh I thought you meant the side winglets
  • That livery looks better with a black nose.
  • MUCH better!

About the frontwing, they also drove with a normal 2004 frontwing, so I don't know with which version the fastest times were set.

[Edited on 19/2/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • I think it's so stupid "LB Icon" is all over the car. Does anyone know what it means?

Or did someone mix up the Lost Boys icon with the actual text: "LB Icon" or something? ;)
  • The rear wing sidepods in RJ's pics (the new car) are both lower and wider and the wing section looks flatter. The nose is notably higher as well.
  • I think it's so stupid "LB Icon" is all over the car. Does anyone know what it means?

Or did someone mix up the Lost Boys icon with the actual text: "LB Icon" or something? ;)
    L O S T ?????

Dunno, is it something to do with L O S I N G ? or Forgetting the plot?

or heaven for the Sudanese or do we have a boys band (LLB) sponsoring?

Not in my vocabulary!

Does sound a bit stupid unless they're a good sponsor.

Someone enlighten us, please!
  • [quote]I think it's so stupid "LB Icon" is all over the car. Does anyone know what it means?

L O S T ?????

Dunno, is it something to do with L O S I N G ? or Forgetting the plot?

or heaven for the Sudanese or do we have a boys band (LLB) sponsoring?

Not in my vocabulary!

Does sound a bit stupid unless they're a good sponsor.

Someone enlighten us, please! [/quote]

Lost Boys: image

They sponsored Verstappen at Arrows, and then left him out on his own in 2003 so they could go sponsor Christijan. They also were on the Arrows, and built the Arrows website as part of the deal.

The logo also is on top of Christijan's helmet.

[Edited on 20/2/2005 by Stan]
  • LB Icon is Lost Boys.

http://www.lbicon.co.uk/

Formula One "success story":

http://www.lbicon.co.uk/company/news/?afw_source_key={015AA327-70EB-4D19-B860-8E3FE0ECAA08}
  • Fastes laps done by Minardi Last year on Imola were done on Free Practice 2 (Qualifying was worse):

G.BRUNI 1'25"653
    Z.BAUMGARTNER 1'25"760
  • wow, we have the 2 coolest helmet on the grid!
    hell yeah.

Monterio's helmet is awesome aswell.
  • those times where done with 2004 aero, they also tested the 2005 rules aero and that was 2 seconds slower(1 second on new tires).
  • Our drivers helmets are just as boring as everybody else's on the current F1 grid. Flames....ho hum. Orange dots....yawn.

We should start a thread with pics of REAL cool helmets.
  • well said Quig.
    My proposal.
    Sponsors:

I see somenew names on the rear wing: MD Helicopters and a blue circle with white letters that say RIU ?

Between the tech.partners I also see a new name: MIDAC.

Below the mirors I see some redand blue logo that reads RZ ???

BTW, strange that Feedback has it's name on the sidepods, although small.
    Maybe an indication of something bigger to come ???

[Edited on 20/2/2005 by Minardus]
  • Saw that feedabck and thought it was stange too.

By the way that is a 04 spce car that Albers was driving, same with Patrick.

Remember with 05 spec the hight of the front wing must be the same height as the middle of the wheel.

The Rear wing must be brought forward so the end plate sits flush with the middle of the rear wheel.
  • MD Helicopters is one of the sponsors of TRDW owned by Joep Van den Nieuwenhuyzen. The Company has a debt of 53 million Euro and Van de Nieuwenhuyzen ran away to Switzerland.....

This is a nice example of the reputation of most sponsors that TRDW brought to Minardi. Together with Jörg Haider it's a nice bunch of semi-criminals.
  • Rime: You don't think the real criminal companies are those named West, Marlboro, and Lucky Strike? They cause more damage to people every day than our sponsors would in their lifetime. :rolleyes:

I sleep fine, btw.
  • Saw that feedabck and thought it was stange too.

By the way that is a 04 spce car that Albers was driving, same with Patrick.

Remember with 05 spec the hight of the front wing must be the same height as the middle of the wheel.

The Rear wing must be brought forward so the end plate sits flush with the middle of the rear wheel.
    They ran both packages.
  • md helicopters is not on his official list of sponsors. i guess it's like a thank you for their support in the past, just as we saw with trust earlier.
  • semi criminals? well at least this time the drivers themselves has no proven track record of gbh:hehe::hehe:
  • md helicopters is not on his official list of sponsors. i guess it's like a thank you for their support in the past, just as we saw with trust earlier.
    He still has Trust logos on his overalls !!!!
  • Rime: You don't think the real criminal companies are those named West, Marlboro, and Lucky Strike? They cause more damage to people every day than our sponsors would in their lifetime. :rolleyes:

I sleep fine, btw.
    And I sleep fine too (after I have one last Luckie before bed :P)
  • And I sleep fine too (after I have one last Luckie before bed )
    That's funny, I consider my wife Lucky as well ;)