Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Censorship

Comments

• you're from Alabama?
  • Why?
    They're americans as you bud. Well, they're from Flint (like Michael Moore) but you can't bomb fellow jesuslanders.
  • Southpark is rarely funny now, their comedic shock value ran it's course long ago.

HOWEVER their likeness of Paris Hilton is damn near the funniest thing I've ever seen:

/still laughing
  • southpark not funny? c'mon you're joking
  • SP has it's moments, but their "edgy" humour is becoming mainstream. With the internet, nothing's shocking anymore.

/still laughing at the Paris pic.
  • i don't know whether the main asset of the show is being edgy or shocking it's just so damn funny.

Have you seen the episode with Paris Hilton? Or the one with Michael Jackson?
  • you're from Alabama?
    No - but I just want to show solidarity with my Southern Brothers!

The South shall rise again!
  • Yep, I saw the Paris episode, granted that was pretty funny with the Video Playset - but even that episode followed the formula of Stan and Kyle being smarter than the townspeople and learning a moral lesson at the end. They even made fun of the formulic plot they keep using in the Big Tobacco Company episode, which was mostly boring.

But maybe I should see the Michael Jackson episode before I judge the show too harshly.
  • Sorry guys South Park just is'nt and never has been amusing. Same old crude jokes may be ok to begin with but it all becomes a yawn after a little while if you base the entire humour content on being crude which is what South Park does. It's a humour that lacks depth and is too thin.
    On the other hand The Simpsons manages to be funny as hell and does'nt need swearing or to base itself on crudity. Now to me that is by far the smarter series.
    Anyway , you seen the animation on that South Park crap? They got PAID for that!!!
  • Never realised you were an expert on humour Matt.;)

I do agree with you on Simpsons vs Southpark.

The less people get paid, the funnier they are, in my view.
  • This shows that you don't have a sense humour, Matt

How can Southpark NOT be funny?

Who cares whether they curse or not, who listens to that anyway? It's the way Cartman speaks the words he uses. It's just so hilarious.

Christmas play all set up. Teacher "Cut, cut, cut: Wendy (the girl who plays Mary) Wendy... make an effort, I don't believe your labour pains."
  • It pretty much ran its course for me once they introduced "Jimmmmmy" :rolleyes:
  • Timmy, Jimmy is the other one with the crutches:hehe:

then i suggest you see the special olympics episode, that IS funny
  • Timmy, Jimmy - They both suck, and aren't funny. It's one joke, thats used over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Boring.

And now that I think of it, it particularly started to suck when they got rid of Kenny (yes, I know they brought him back)
  • well... you guys are probably the kind of people who can laugh about Jackass:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [quote]you're from Alabama?
    No - but I just want to show solidarity with my Southern Brothers!

The South shall rise again! [/quote]

I'm n the south and most people I've asked in Texas think Alabama and Mississippi are some weird ass places. The South can rise up again as long as they get rid of those two states, add Florida to that.
  • Spent a good bit of time in the 90's in Oxford Mississippi (Ole Miss football)...lots of very friendly and great people there (and since my wife is not in this room.....the most incrediable "EYE CANDY" one would find at ANY US college/university)...... as for Alabama one should head off to Tuscaloosa ( the home of the University of Alabama) and enjoy the States best BBQ at DREAMLAND.....crowds are lined up at 8:00am on a football Saturday.............

I am very fond of Austin, Texas as well.....my daughter is an Orange Blood......graduated in '92. Great University and one hell of a city.

combine the 3 and one is having it y'all...........
  • well... you guys are probably the kind of people who can laugh about Jackass
    Jackass was funny, but it got repetitive after a while.
  • southpark may be funny, but I guess it's an easy way to be funny. I prefer Simpsons.

Alabama?
    Do you remember "My cousin Vinnie"'s famous line?
  • I think simpsons has worn very thin. recent episodes are just quite weak (and as an owner of the DVD box sets i should know).

Recent Southpark episodes that are a MUST see:
    802-Awesome-o
    807-The Jefferesons
    805-You've been served

711- Casa Bonita

613-The Return of the Fellowship of the Rings

That really does yank my giggle chain...
  • 613-The Return of the Fellowship of the Rings
    That was just GREAT, I laughed all the time.

"How the hell do you know this movie?" "ehm... I read about it"

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
  • SImpson makes me laugh a bit more than South Park. Jackass is fine as well. I like to mix the three of them for an adequate proportion. Else if you insist only on one of these you end bored. Diversity is richer. I do still highlight Simpsons' capacity to make people laugh after so many years, Jackass and South Park are far behind.

The only thing that doesn't makes me laugh at all are all these jesuslanders (Quig included, he's probably an Alabama's spy in Cisco trying to steal rocket technology for a Confederate missile):spank:
  • Just to make RJ feel better, i'm still a South Park fan. Just in irregular doses.
  • RJ, The WalMart episode was good too.
  • "The South shall rise again!"

Cool, just make sure they bring Country music, NASCAR and them 2-2.5mile superspeedways with them.

Just got through watching the Daytona 500 that a mate taped for me,

YYYYIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA.........

Dream of seeing this race live, also wanting to get to Talledega one day.
  • Simpsons is far better than Southpark, however I do feel the Simpsons are on the decline. There are certain characters that shouldnt be developed in episodes. Nelson being a good example, he's really only good for one or two line gags and not much else.

If you ask me, more episodes should involve combo's such as Homer/Chief Wiggam, Homer/Apu, Homer/Lienel Hutz, etc.

I dont watch it so much but I hear Family Guy is starting to take over where the Simpsons are on the decline. I'll have to start watching it more.

As for the best episodes - Father Son river rafting trip is THE best Simpsons episode ever. :D :hehe:
  • "The South shall rise again!"

Cool, just make sure they bring Country music, NASCAR and them 2-2.5mile superspeedways with them.

Dream of seeing this race live, also wanting to get to Talledega one day.
    Do it sooner rather than later - the Yankee's and Carpetbagger's have invaded and you can't even hang the Stars and Bars without the ACLU sueing you.

I remember back in the day the stands and infield was a sea of THE flag....sniff.
  • If you ask me, more episodes should involve combo's such as .... Homer/Lienel Hutz
    Except the voice of Hutz (Phil Hartman) was killed by his coked-up wife a few years ago. Ya noticed Hutz hasn't been the family Lawyer in newer episodes.....?
    I dont watch it so much but I hear Family Guy is starting to take over where the Simpsons are on the decline. I'll have to start watching it more.
    Family guy = :hehe:
    As for the best episodes - Father Son river rafting trip is THE best Simpsons episode ever. :D :hehe:
    Pffft, 'You only move twice", aka the Scorpio episode kicks its arse :P
  • I like the one where the 'carnie' takes over his home! :P
  • [quote]As for the best episodes - Father Son river rafting trip is THE best Simpsons episode ever. :D :hehe:
    Pffft, 'You only move twice", aka the Scorpio episode kicks its arse :P [/quote]

Not a chance! 1F06 (yes I know the episode code :( ) is a cult classic, and has some of THE best quotes from any Simpsons episodes ever. Not to mention without doubt the best begining (from the video arcade to the time they purchase the squishy)