Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

No Superfund???

Hmm....... looking at the latest testing pictures and I have noticed that there is no Superfund on the engine cover.

This means two things.

One: They have increased their sponsorship (again) and will take over the sidepods.

Two: This radical new engine cover really does have no room for a sponsor so they will do without one from the first race.

We'll wait and see. I just hope they stay on board.

Comments

• I was thinking about the engine cover. Minardi used the Lola wind tunnel and I thought I heard that they used some of the Lola aero guys as well.

Well this is Lola's Champ Car effort, also the G-Force cars in IRL are running with very cut down engine covers.

Maybe they passed some info on to Minardi who have taken it on board.
  • The rules require bodywork from the roll hoop back to the crash structure. :(
  • I am thinking that the roll will stay, or has to stay, but that image of the lola makes sense. It will allow more air to the rear wing that has been brough forward.

Well spotted on the image scruff.
  • That illegal, like I said...
  • Yeah, I thought the Champ Car example would not be quite right. But the IRL engine cover could work (as ugly as it is), like on the Dallar.

• I was thinking about the engine cover. Minardi used the Lola wind tunnel and I thought I heard that they used some of the Lola aero guys as well.

Well this is Lola's Champ Car effort, also the G-Force cars in IRL are running with very cut down engine covers.

Maybe they passed some info on to Minardi who have taken it on board.
    The Champ Car doesn't have an airbox because its turbocharged, and doesn't need the old school tunnel ram to get more air to the engine.
    The same setup on an F1 car would lose power.