Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Paul is at it again! Oz Jet is here...

On the Australian news today...

www.ozjet.com.au

Is this one of our new sponsors for the Oz GP?

From the website...

PRESS RELEASE

Stoddart announces arrival of OzJet in Adelaide
22 February 2005
Australian Paul Stoddart, owner of the Minardi F1 racing team, has consolidated on his promise to deliver a new style of service to domestic business travellers.

The first OzJet Airlines aircraft, fully fitted with 60 business-style seats, arrived in Adelaide today to embark on an introductory launch program covering key markets such as Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney.

OzJet plans a business-style travel service that will be on-time, offering great customer service and comfort with business facilities and excellent catering. Pricing would be structured at the same point as a fully flexible economy ticket.

Mr Stoddart said, “In an ideal world all business travellers would travel on business class but many are restricted via company policies relating to cost and limited seat availability on domestic aircraft.”

“OzJet opens up a whole new domestic travel experience for many business commuters that want to travel to inter-state meetings with all the comfort and space offered in business class.

“Our customers would enjoy roomy leg space, with no-one in the middle seat to climb over and reading a broadsheet newspaper will be no hassle at all.”

OzJet Airlines will be based in Adelaide. Expected to start flying mid-year, the airline will operate a fleet of Boeing 737s and BAe146s – known as the whisper jet – aircraft.

“The South Australian Government has been supportive of OzJet since first discussions commenced last year,” Mr Stoddart said.

“We look forward to a close, long-standing relationship with the South Australian Government and are excited to be a part of the economic benefits and employment opportunities OzJet will bring to the state.”

OzJet’s intends to fly services between Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney. Travel to other Australian cities will follow.

Paul Stoddart has 16 years experience in the aviation industry. His UK-based business — European Aviation — operates a fleet of 11 aircraft and is one of the world’s largest suppliers of spare parts to the aviation industry.

Paul Stoddart assumes the role of Chairman of the Board and Principal of OzJet Airlines Pty Ltd and is joined by Australian-based company Director Trevor King, Chief Executive Officer Hans van Pelt and Chief Operating Officer Peter Schott.

[Edited on 22/2/2005 by TasM]

Comments

• so now it's fly business and not fly budget? or is it fly budget business?
  • They put Florenza instead of Faenza :spank: :spank: :spank: :mad:
    So he still runs European and has another business besides Minardi? How does he gets all that time for the team then? Amazing.
    Looks like Minardi is the smallest of his business, but I find it hard to believe. Maybe it's concerning earnings.
    BTW it says there are 300 employees at Minardi, where didi they got that info from?
  • haha I guess his 12 year old nephew made that web site:hehe:

Florenza haha:hehe::hehe::spank:
  • Stoddie might be Chairman of the Board of two Airlines and a F1 team, but no respect from SB, that ol' SOB.

S'Basher, you must hate it when Paul keeps popping up.
    The guy is a survivor, you've got to admit, right?

On a brighter note, Mebourne OZF1 approaches, then Sepang....:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Mr Xmas, as I've said before I don't doubt Mr Stoddart's business credentials (apart from buying the rights to make kit form Austin Maestroes!!) It's his F1 business sense that I don't believe in.
  • They put Florenza instead of Faenza :spank: :spank: :spank: :mad:
    So he still runs European and has another business besides Minardi? How does he gets all that time for the team then? Amazing.
    Looks like Minardi is the smallest of his business, but I find it hard to believe. Maybe it's concerning earnings.
    BTW it says there are 300 employees at Minardi, where didi they got that info from?

Im suprised no one mentioned that it says that Paul purchased Minardi in 1998. It's not too hard to check some facts on the internet or ask Paul,, no excuse for these numerous errors.
  • F1 News writes-
    Ozjet, we can reveal, does not have an Australian commercial license, and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority said it had not even received a formal application.
  • hmmm are we sure the Web site is no hoax then?
  • Good photoshop of stoddie in front of the plane if it is.....

And the way Virgin Blue is going at the moment he might have a chance.

[Edited on 22/2/2005 by Manni]
  • F1 News writes-
    Ozjet, we can reveal, does not have an Australian commercial license, and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority said it had not even received a formal application.
    This place says they'l be flying by mid-year. Maybe thay can have all the paperwork solved by that time.
  • Well.

Having an Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) is necessary to operate scheduled services on fixed routes. It takes about six months to get one, so long as all criterea are met.

Running a charter Airline is a completely different regulatory path and the information available does not specify which it is.

The proposal actually looks interesting. I looked at it from the point of view of a potential user:

Pluses - Comfortable cabin and proper cabin service. Yes please. The reality these days is that Joe public are the ones flying on cheap fares whilst business travellers pay fully flexible economy because we book one, or two days in advance. So price looks like it won't be an issue.

Concerns - Regional Airports, what does that mean? Can't think of a 737 capable airport in Sydney that has anything like reasonable access to the city. What about availability of hire cars and taxis? I need transport at the door. Right now I walk out of the terminal and straight into the car park. My name is up on the board with my allocated bay and I'm off, just stopping to show licence on the way out. Can't do that at regionals. Qantas Club, all sorts of reasons why this comes in handy. I can do without it, but the service ought to be bloody good. Aircraft, 737 is fine but BAe146? Never been popular. It's slow and noisy. Points, points, points, just love those points. Got enough for two free airfares to Europe and I'm lovin it. Don't know if I can give up the points. Now if Ozjet was to join say, Star Alliance and offer points benefits through them, why that would do the trick.

It really is an interesting concept, so we will have to see. I know when I would fly them regardless; trips to Perth.
  • It's been known for a while that Jetstar want to use Richmond RAAF base for a domestic airport in the next few years. Perhaps OzJet are banking on that being an option in years to come.

I guess if my ********** **** sponsorship proposal falls through, I know where to turn next. :angel:
  • Jeststar and Oz Jet appearing in the same sentence....then the F1 car in Melbourne. I am getting spooked here boys.
  • And the way Virgin Blue is going at the moment he might have a chance.
    Just a quick question, what's wrong with Virgin Blue? I happen to be flying over with them for the GP and would be slightly interested in knowing if their planes randomly fall into the tasman.
  • Haven't you been watching the news Skruff? 2 crashes (both with multiple fatalities) in the last week! :(

They appear to have been cutting corners on maintenance.
  • You can get sued for that. For clarification, there has never been a fatal accident involving a scheduled jet passenger service anywhere in Australia.

Virgin had a prob this week at their Melbourne terminal. Some sort of gas leak cleared the joint and they had to cancel all flights for the day. Put the next day into total chaos with all the bumped people trying to get their ride and all the people scheduled for that day trying to leave Melbourne (can't say I blame 'em - dump).

[Edited on 23/2/2005 by Lease]
  • Confirmed: OzJet will be a sponsor for Melbourne GP.

Other than Stoddart, the $70 Million for the lauch of the airline has come from a 'large dutch realestate compay'

Does that mean that Minardi will actually receive sponsorship money from OzJet?

...Mr Stoddart will formally launch the plans for his new airline at Adelaide Airport today.

South Australian Premier Mike Rann will attend the launch.

Mr Stoddart will arrive in Melbourne tomorrow.

The Minardi team will carry OzJet advertising in the Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park on March 6.

Full story: http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,12334238%5E421,00.html

Audio interview with Stoddart: http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200502/r41303_105112.ram

• Haven't you been watching the news Skruff? 2 crashes (both with multiple fatalities) in the last week!

They appear to have been cutting corners on maintenance.
    Most reassuring.
  • Running a charter Airline is a completely different regulatory path and the information available does not specify which it is.
    I think they said they were seeking a High Capacity AOC, if that means something to you, and I'm hoping it does.
  • tried calling them.. the phones not even connected. Not a great start to a business, with what could only be described as a 'poor' website, no telephone number and when I rang up telstra to get their number, I got some dude who runs a business 'Ozjet' in Mentone. Damn... not a great start.

I'm working on the Jetstar thing, trying to find out some info...
  • Uh... Dutch real estate? Burgfonds, Doornbos' sponsor, is in the business I reckon...l
  • Arent Meurmens real estate?
  • Does that mean that Minardi will actually receive sponsorship money from OzJet?
    Sort of, it means that because Stoddart is still paying a lot of Minardi's bills out of his own pocket, he's advertising his own company on the cars again (see: European Aviation).
  • Arent Meurmens real estate?
    You may be right.
  • apartments all over the shop, even a shopping centre in Chicago. They have worked on airports before as well. Is more than likely Muermans.
  • I heard recently that they do have a turnover in the billions, so it is quite possible.

Harr Muerman, good guy. :cool:
  • Nono guys, Muermans is the only sponsor already confirmed for next season. They will be there
  • Who said they weren't...?
  • huh? nono... speculation is that some of the start up capital was provided by a dutch real estate company. We are guessing who that might be...
  • nonono the only logo on the Minardi truck at the Moment is Muermans, check the pics from the press conference at the front page. The sponsor on the rear wing is Muermans as well. They're definitely in.