Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

TOIT losing a customer

Sauber are switching to BMW engines for 2006. I think this whole 'anti-TOIT' thing is developing far greater momentum that PS' gas bagging.

By removing their dependence on TOIT, it makes their path to the GPWC a lot smoother and i'm sure BE will see this as the solidification of their intentions re: GPWC.

Comments

• Sauber should be the text book way of how to do business in F1 for Stoddart. No song and dance, quietly go about your business and make no big deal about it......Concentrate on the job in hand instead of winding up every bastard in the pitlane........
  • Err.. this info was revealled by none other than Frank Williams. Methinks PeterS might be doing some quick talking on the telephone at the moment explaining how TOIT have been left in the dark. Not exactly textbook stuff Matt.
  • That is an assumtion however. I also like the was the other PS does his job.

In fact I think you have a quote from Paul saying the same thing.

But stoddiebasher, you keep rubbishing PS but he's kept the team afloat, which is one step better that not having a team.

You're starting to sound like PS himself.....:hehe:
  • Sauber should be the text book way of how to do business in F1 for Stoddart. No song and dance, quietly go about your business and make no big deal about it......Concentrate on the job in hand instead of winding up every bastard in the pitlane........
    I admire too Sauber's capabilities Matt, but don't forget he stepped in F1 with official backing from Mercedes-Benz, not the same as GCM or Stoddart.

BTW Midland won't sign, they're the new TOIT pet. RB will get within the GPWC with time.
  • Indeed Yoko, however those Mercedes days were a very long time ago. Since then he's done MORE than keep his outfit afloat.
    Junior I was'nt referring the specific thing with the BMW engine, it was a more general look at Mr Sauber.
  • Sauber is also sold a large minority stake to Credit Suisse. I would have big problems if Stoddart started selling the team to companies.
  • Junior I was'nt referring the specific thing with the BMW engine, it was a more general look at Mr Sauber.
    I understand, however given we are fans of Minardi we tend to scrutinise Minardi more closely than Sauber. The fact that williams are announcing Saubers intentions re: engines is a mere glimpse into the world of Sauber.

Sure, they do a great job and have some great facilities but they have not been doing so as an 'independent'.

Hell, they didn't even make their own gearboxes last year and they want to be classed as an 'independent' manufacturer? Theres no skill in buying Ferrari engines, boxes, electronics and being given the schematics. Minardi have to work a lot harder and stretch every dollar further than Sauber.

We all know the money in F1 is from television. Someone posted the total time each team spent on television last year a while ago. Minardi were way ahead of Sauber, our only problem was, and still is, converting this to sponsorship. When that happens, we can be in the same position as Sauber. Easily.
  • Someone posted the total time each team spent on television last year a while ago. Minardi were way ahead of Sauber, our only problem was, and still is, converting this to sponsorship.
    They don't have a personality that's why.

We have a personality and a spirit that is more than all teams put together!
  • What about trying to get a deal with TOIT ourselves?

• What I thought. and change the name of the engines to Forza or something.
  • What about trying to get a deal with TOIT ourselves?

What use would ForzaMinardi.com have for F1 engines? :hehe:
  • [quote]BTW Midland won't sign, they're the new TOIT pet. RB will get within the GPWC with time.
    That's the rumor. But it could mean a very short stay in the fastest race series of the world. Fiat is in big financial trouble, and it will not be for long and FIAT will drop it's ownership of Ferrari. In exchange of a lot of money. That wil mean a new era for Ferrari, and it could be a moment to step out of the sports to save the money.
    One option is, that Midland receives Ferrari engines because Ferrari will only continue to develop engines like Cosworth is doing now. That could justify a decision from Ferrari to step back from the sports for a while as a team, and return later if the heat is off and there is sufficient funding again.

lock