Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

GCM spoke !!!!

From F1racing.net:
Renault 'nicked' Minardi star

Renault 'nicked' up-and-coming Venezuelan teenager Pastor Maldonado from Minardi. That's the charge of Faenza team founder and continuing staffer, Italy's Gian Carlo Minardi.

Maldonado testing at Misano
"I behaved in good faith," he complained on the 'Italiaracing' website, "but let Maldonado be nicked from me."

Last November, 19-year-old Maldonado made his F1 debut in a Minardi at Misano. Gian Carlo Minardi, at the time, hinted that a youngster at the circuit has 'a future' on the F1 grid. Now, though, Pastor's in Renault's 'driver development programme.'

Comments

• Long live the King GCM!
  • please, for future use. When GCM is used in the sentence "spake" or "spoketh" should be used instead of "spoke", show some respect, dude:hehe:

[Edited on 23/2/2005 by forzaminardi]
  • spake????

Is that English?
  • 400 years ago it was:hehe:
  • This story burns my ass. I thought something was funny how PM went to the frenchy's as GCM went all the way to South America on a fact finding mission. Hell, we can't get him to come to indy so there must have been something involved....

And now Renault has him.
  • nah forget the bloke, his acne was outrageous! Just think of what his balaclava would have looked like after a race, you seriously can't sell that on ebay anymore...
  • [matt] Its all Stoddarts fault [/matt]

:angel:
  • Wrong, this time the blame lies in both of their laps. Stoddart for not signing him to a Minardi contract early enough and GCM for not making a convincing enough arguement for Stoddart to do so....
  • Ahahaha. Gian Carlo doesn't even speak English!
  • I thought it was GCM's task to sign up new young drivers, NOT PS's task !!!!!!
  • These things happen in the glamorous F1 life.

Richer teams poaching drivers from other teams.

Minardi knows this from its own history...
  • "I behaved in good faith," he complained on the 'Italiaracing' website, "but let Maldonado be nicked from me."
    But you can't behave in good faith! In F1 everyone tries to cannibalize each other!
  • I thought it was GCM's task to sign up new young drivers, NOT PS's task !!!!!!

He doesn't control the purse strings anymore.
  • Hey Matt,

try to copy the quate into the "quote bars" :hehe:
  • And take away your fun at guessing Minardus? ....Never!! :P
  • Wrong, this time the blame lies in both of their laps. Stoddart for not signing him to a Minardi contract early enough and GCM for not making a convincing enough arguement for Stoddart to do so....
    [Clown] Bitchslap [/Clown]

Wadda're gonna do with da cook?