Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Selling sponsor space

I read an interesting article in F1Racing magazine.
It was about how the "new" camera angles that were introduced in 2004 changed the "most seen" parts of the car.

We all know that in the past the enginecover, sidepods and wings were the expensive !!!
A study in 2004 revealed that the Tub Top is the "most seen" and also the top of the mirrors are promimently on screen (though on-board shots). What's strange is that only a few teams had stickers on the top of the mirrors!!!!!

See also this pic for the on screen percentage:

Comments

• Interesting.... but whatever sad bastard complied that info needs to get a girlfriend :P
  • I will reread the article later at home, but I believe it was some marketing AGENCY !!!!!!
  • so advertising on the side pods will get me more exposure than adverting on the rear tyre?

wow, that's breathtakingly enlightning!:hehe:
  • Interesting.... but whatever sad bastard complied that info needs to get a girlfriend :P
    Here Here!!:hehe: :hehe:
  • Seriously folks:

JVC (holland branch) have their logo on the tub-top. I suppose they pay a relatively small amount of cash, but according to this study this area of the car is prominently on-screen.
    This space should be saved for offering to a title- or major sponsor !!!!!!
  • This years livery hasnt been released yet, so we dont know who's there...
  • OZjet in Melbourne GP ???
  • I will reread the article later at home, but I believe it was some marketing AGENCY !!!!!!
    Ok, I found it
    See : http://www.margaux-matrix.com/report.htm
  • Things are'nt looking good. No sponsors . It looks like Minardi will have less money than last year. It makes me wonder just how new this "new " car will be. Ha sthe delay been in installing the new engine and changing the aero regs?
  • The bottleneck is production. Minardi's lack of resources is coming to center stage.

It's a new car, Petrol.
  • According to various interviews i have read involving Stoddie. The reason the cat is not ready for the start of the season is the whole Cosworth saga and whether they were going to supply the engines still at the 'low' price.

Red Bull were not in the same predicament as the car Jag designed was for the new engine. Unfortunately for us we did not know whether we were going to get the engine so we had to wait until we knew if we would get them before the build of the new car could begin.

If hadnt of got the engine we would of rebadged the CR-3L (shown by an engine preperation company appearing of the minardi site during the uncertainty). So would of had to change all our designs so the new car would accomodate the old engine.

• Sorry for so many typos!
    Suffering from slight concussion i acquired today on the rugby pitch. Shouldn't even be online!
  • The LP Engines link was due to the fact that they freshened/built the engines sold in the auction.

Minardi would have used the old Zetec if the TJ deal fell through.
  • Are Minardi using the same tub design as last year? Cos in my view you can change whhat you like on the car. I don't consider that new as the tub's not design to the new regs.
  • Fair enough. I'm holding my breath