Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers first in melbourne!

Well first to arrive that is. Heard on the radio this morning that he touched down (not NFL) in melbourne wednesday night, so he's got a full week to train and look at the track.

Why can't Stoddart organise for albers to drive a minardi over the westgate as a poor competitor to webber syndey harbour bridge run

Comments

• Nah, he'll take the drivers to the zoo, like he always does.
  • They could always get the 2 seater put a hot chick in the back, install 12 subwoofers and go and do some laps.

(FYI: "Lapping' is driving around and around and around the block, usually downtown, commonly performed by "homeboys" in riced up cars)

[Edited on 24/2/2005 by Clown]
  • I'm sure they'll feel right at home cruising Lygon or Chapel Streets. Doof doof doof......
  • Why can't Stoddart organise for albers to drive a minardi over the westgate as a poor competitor to webber syndey harbour bridge run
    Yes but Webbo is complaining about their new car!:D

(He should have stayed with us!)
  • put an F1 car on the Gateway bridge.

Howd'ya like that for evelation changes...
  • Imagine how airborne it would get going over the Gladesville Bridge in Sydney at full song?

Houston, we have liftoff! :D
  • Pic no worky :spank:
  • Amateur.
  • I should bloody know, but how do you put a picture in your posts?
  • REAL amateur.
  • thanks for your vote of confidence
  • Piccy works fine for me. :o
  • I should bloody know, but how do you put a picture in your posts?
    Rightclick on the image you want to put in your post. Click on properties. Copy the url. Type [ img ]*[ /img ] in your post and put the url in between them, instead of the *. Make sure you get rid of the spaces between the [ ]
    (I had to do that otherwise you would see a red cross). That's all!

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • I saw the pic right from the moment you posted it !!!!

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Minardus]
  • yeah me too :o
  • heard today on SEN radio (in melbourne) paul stoddart was being interviewed by the show they call 'the insiders'. Switched on and caught the last 20 minutes, so don't know whether if he was on longer than that.

The things that were talked about were the standard stuff non f1 media would ask:

Michael Schumacher
    Bernie
    Webber

The interesting bits from the interview would have been:

-getting driven by schumi in the 2nd seater, then the next day driving the 2 seater with a austrian reporter he crashedit into the wall (imola?), he was worried for the passenger, but he was estatic as he not only has ridinn in an f1 car, but also crashed in one!

-one of the radio interviewer asked about having a chinese driver (whch I took to mean alex yoong), Paul corrected him by saying no they don't have any on contract, but went on to explain about the minardi affiliate in formula bmw class? He said that the race which was a support event for the chinese grand prix the minardi affiliate team finished 1st, 2nd and 4th? and from that he has noticed one chinese driver who he is keeping his 'eye on'

- he explained the history of the 2 seater program, with mclaren having the original, then when he acquired all the tyrell assets, and personal he got them to built the 2 seaster cars in order to keep their 'skills sharp'. He estimated that the 2 seater program has raised around 4 million for charities over the years.

- First meet Bernie back in 1997 when Paul was hanging around Ken tyrell, this was at the stage where tyrell, mclaren and williams hadn't signed the concorde agreement. He recalled how Bernie come into the tyrell motorhome saying 'Where's Ken!" trying to do the deal with the concorde.

Thats all I can think of at the moment

I think they mentioned that Christian Albers will be on the radio later this afternoon.

www.sen.com.au

If I catch the interview I'll post anything interesting.

• Pic works now.
    Judging by the time of my post, I think that was when my ISP was fucking up the other morning :spank:
  • No KoalaKuddling this year?
  • He estimated that the 2 seater program has raised around 4 million for charities over the years
    Sod that crap, how much has it made MINARDI?
  • you have no heart:(
  • Whats that saying? 'What have you done for me lately?'
  • Charity begins at home.
  • 'What have you done for me lately?'
    Provided you with an arena to vent your everyday frustrations on people from many different countries?
  • I prefer to look at the positives... it has given me a chance to everday, realise that there are some individuals out there more deluded than I.

Come on down...

Steve!! This is for you buddy...

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
    and everything I would like to be?
    I can fly higher than an eagle,
    for you are the wind beneath my wings.

• I was meaning what results had minardi got for us lately.....not you ya dumbass :P

[Edited on 28/2/2005 by StoddieBasher]
  • [quote]'What have you done for me lately?'
    Provided you with an arena to vent your everyday frustrations on people from many different countries? [/quote]

LOL