Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Toit allows Minardi to race the old car

La Toit non si oppone alla vecchia Minardi

From italiaracing.net. Toit allow Minardi to race with the old illegal car.

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else.

Comments

• Take that Max ;)
  • Lets hope this is true :D
  • It still will be embarrassing.
  • it's true, it's true, it was on italian press yesterday
    La TOIT said yes. We'll use the old illegal car
  • I read on french press that it is just a rumour that TOIT said yes.....
  • gazzetta says today that toit could give engines to midland in 06
  • it's true, it's true, it was on italian press yesterday
    La TOIT said yes. We'll use the old illegal car
    That means we Europeans DO have to get up at 04.00h next week Sunday !!!!
  • gazzetta says today that toit could give engines to midland in 06
    maybe your radio appeal worked :hehe:
  • :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
  • Harsh but I'm going to say this once. TOIT should'nt have agreed to do that. Our esteemed F1 boss needs to learn that he must get his house in order. Sometimes a short shock can do the power of good.
  • That means we Europeans DO have to get up at 04.00h next week Sunday !!!!
    You even complentated not watching the season opener!
    I enjoy going back to bed afterwards.
  • VCR/TiVO. Fou us here on the West Coast we get to watch the OZ GP at dinner time Saturday. Prior to the race the MCSF members will meet at the local kart track and discuss Indy/Imola etc and then go andd watch the race.

The only bad part is that we will look rather silly being the ones with the odd car at the GP. I wonder how the mechanics feel?
  • I seem to have missed that memo Quig. Do you have my new email on the mailing list?
  • I think TOIT had no decision to make... their only alliance, the FIA, were ready to look as 'stupid as a bride on stilts' should Paul have forced them into the courts.
  • It was the most logical solution for the problem. TOIT doesn't need to get poltical momentum worse than it is already.
    What I still don't understand is why the car will be illegal since Minardi have been testing 05 aero on the old chassis. Midland will do this and their cars doesn't seem to be illegal.

Matt=predictible.
  • [quote]That means we Europeans DO have to get up at 04.00h next week Sunday !!!!
    You even complentated not watching the season opener!
    I enjoy going back to bed afterwards. [/quote]

NO, I complentated watching the re-transmission at 14.00h.
    ;)
  • Either way this is bad for us. Now we are not only "backmarkers" and the minnows but also the guys who can't seem to get a new car together and need the pity of the rest of the grid.

Swell.

Jello - I thought I had Skate.....but send me one and I'll double check my master list.

• Jello at kidgasm dot com
  • That explains it - what happened to skateventure?

You gonna make it next Sat?
  • I think this is all positive- GPWC are one up on Mosley/FIA/TOIT and Minardi can get within 107% (I think I am right to say that still applies?).
  • I thought the 107% has been abolished never to show its face again.

Am i wrong?
  • That explains it - what happened to skateventure?

You gonna make it next Sat?
    I have hosting again.

I will see what I can do. What time? I work at 3 but I may be able to swap hours with someone.
  • Am i wrong?
    Yes :P
  • Harsh but I'm going to say this once. TOIT should'nt have agreed to do that. Our esteemed F1 boss needs to learn that he must get his house in order. Sometimes a short shock can do the power of good.
    as usual, swimming against the current for Stoddie Basher!
  • OK, double plus ungood for the old chassis but ...

Boysboysboysboysboys - let's go. Great place for a race. Once we get the new gear we're gunning for points.

Forza Minardi!
  • The 107% rule is not being implemented. I'm not sure its completely abolished as its a sporting regulation. The 107% rule was one that was agreed by all the teams and states that the performance of any competing car should within 7% of the time of the leading car. Minardi has drifted out to 6%.
    Max Mosely has demonstrated a propensity for implementing rules on the grounds of safety. Once a car drift over the 7% performance it becomes a liability both for the safety of the other cars and the spectacle of the competion. I would not be too quick to dismiss it just yet.
  • I'm not sure its completely abolished as its a sporting regulation.
    'Sporting Regulations' means 3/10ths of 1/8th of f-all. The sporting regulations still stipulate a maximum number of 17 events wil determine the championship.
  • They also stipulate that only blue or green carpet may be used on the podium.
  • Did you know Bernie always gets seat A1 on the BA Jumbo going to races?
  • Is that a booster chair?