Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Toit allows Minardi to race the old car

Comments

• I'm extremely disappointed with this mess! Minardi should've rather put their 2005 pieces to the car (and made sure there are enough of them) than run as a marketing billboard around the track with no possibility whatsoever for the points.

I do not want to see Minardi circling around. I want to see them compete. If they are not running for points, they are not competing. At least, that's as far as I reckon.
  • after Paul Stoddart and Horner met at an engagement in Melbourne and the Minardi bossed agreed that if Minardi finished in the top eight and ahead of Red Bull in the race then they would give up their points and position.
    Yep looks like the words racing don't seem to matter anymore....whats the point?
  • Better pay a visit to Horner on the way as well. It reminds me of the 1939 pic of the PM desecending from the plane after a visit with Hitler. " I have in my hand a piece of paper".
    Please, at least try to get your facts straight... This is like having a discussion with a six-year-old!

(1938 - Chamberlain (Link to BBC))

As for the attitude on this board... I hardly see this as the time or the place to stage a coup. Yes, I know many would like to see GCM running Minardi instead of Stoddart. However, in times of war, debating on whether the leader is acting correctly is simply ridiculous.

Horner said this, Todt said that, Minardi has 2005 gear, Minardi does not have 2005 gear, Minardi has 2005 gear but it doesn't meet all the specs.. What's the point in trying to debate who is right or wrong, when most of the facts are vague?

Most important of all, what's the point of debating anyhow? We have to race, unless we want to call it a day and drop out of F1. Is that what you guys want? Stop waving your pinky fingers and get with the program. It's not about right or wrong, it's about survival. Period. The moral high ground isn't very comforting if it means death.

I haven't seen so many men wearing dresses since I last visited Scotland.
  • We have to race, unless we want to call it a day and drop out of F1. Is that what you guys want?
    Minardi in this guise.....yes it would be preferable.

'Blind faith in your leaders can get you killed.'.......(can't remember where this quote was from)

• [quote]We have to race, unless we want to call it a day and drop out of F1. Is that what you guys want?
    Minardi in this guise.....yes it would be preferable.[/quote]Then leave :rolleyes:
  • Minardi in this guise.....yes it would be preferable.
    Well, why don't you go roll over and die then? I admit, this is painful, but I'm not going to give up.

Is this somekind of masochistic thing for you? Whine whine it'd be better if we were all dead whine whine stoddart is evil whine i don't wanna play...?

Why don't you support a team you LIKE, for example Sauber? You've been singing their praises for as long as I remember. Hey, that'd be good.. If you jumped ship, they'd actually have a fan!
    'Blind faith in your leaders can get you killed.'.......(can't remember where this quote was from)
    'Better death than endless whining' (Unknown)
  • Yep, I'm outta here, been thinking about Sauber for a while. I'll be back when either Stoddart has gone or Minardi are no more, I can't take this shit, I feel truly sorry for the guys at Faenza who put up with this shite.......but you're right, I don't have to put up with it....have fun, all the best.........
  • Can you give Steve/Vfan a lift?
  • I'll be back when either Stoddart has gone or Minardi are no more
    Methinks that hasn't been thought out properly. If Minardi are no more, FM.com would be a bit tragic eh? Quick, lets pop over to AAA and see what they think about the drama at Melbourne. I can see them now... "Oh Dobbie sent us broke... whinge.. whinge... We aren't racing this weekend are we?""
  • Matt don't be a damn fool. Keep your ass on this board, thats an order.
    We can discuss all we want about the tea. But to me Stoddart's strategy of alienation and threat has failed. The Stewards threw the car out not TOIT. I can't remember but Moseley had said in an interview that if Stoddart disputed the regs he would loose and still have to produce a conforming car. He knew there was a problem 4 months a go. Why not delay a new car and comply with the regs. The excuse that Minardi don't have the money is not an excuse.
  • Matt has officially left the forza Minardi forum

He has joined something called SauberSpeak....
  • sent me the email as well...

well what shall I say.. he'll be back!
  • Treachery, he'll be back, his german's not very good.
  • Then again his English was never the best!
  • Great! He can join the other 2 members of Sauber speak. :D
  • I think I'll manage without him.

My Minardi, right or wrong. I could not conceive of supporting an antiseptic outfit like Sauber - frankly, with their funding, engines and stolen chassis they should be much further up the grid.

Once more, Aussies, I say this. 95 per cent of what Stoddie has done I applaud; I sense Quig and others feel the same. However, he has undoubtedly deterred potential sponsors with his ill-judged love affair with the camera and the microphone.
    His strop in Montreal, ironically, eventually, threw him into the arms of GPWC.
    Much as I love Frank & Ron, they are using Stoddie. Max is absolutely correct on that one.

My Minardi, right OR WRONG.

Forza Minardi!
  • aww the slogans that come to mind...

I WANT MY MINARDI

gotta work that one into a banner
  • Petrol, I don't think Stoddart is challenging the legaillity of the regs. Would a court in Oz have jurisdiction over that?
    His case seems to rely on a certain line in the Concorde about *the teams giving permission for cars to race that should normally be excluded*, I don't have a clue how it works exactly but I remember the old 107% rule was often overlooked when FIA said the car doesn't qualify but if all the teams agree we'll let it race.
    It seems that the difference here is that the FIA haven't said that Minardi can race if all nine agree. Now Stoddart is going to argue that Max said they could, it's happened in the past, etc etc. Max is going to say they are not obliged to give the decision to the teams.
    You're saying the excuse that Minardi didn't have the money for an interim car is not an excuse. Of course it's not. Yesterday Stoddart said they could make their car '05 aero spec between lunchtime on Friday and qualifying!!!
    IT'S ALL POLITICAL.
  • If Formula One didn't have political drama, it'd be boring.

You know, I've had to avoid posting whilst the blood settled down. I mean, really! Fancy Max, a lawyer approving a statement directed at a sovereign country's legal system, threatening them with motor sport ex-communication if they didn't tow the line. I'd love to see that one play on Law & Order (Special Brm-Brm Unit).

Unbelievable.

This power play thing is heating right up now and we cannot possibly have seen the last of it. Somone will have to go and it will be interesting to see who it will be in the end. Don't forget that the team bosses can easily see how little their rights mean when it comes to how far dickheads like Max will go.

He is behaving (and one hates to use human metaphors) like Mugabi and becomming increasingly incoherent in the process.

I don't like the issue; I don't like Minardi being the one in the frame; and I don't like the way that cracks are developing in this place. But if it HAS to be a fight then it should go all the way. Let the blood flow until there is a result and then live with that result, I say
  • If Formula One didn't have political drama, it'd be boring.

You know, I've had to avoid posting whilst the blood settled down. I mean, really! Fancy Max, a lawyer approving a statement directed at a sovereign country's legal system, threatening them with motor sport ex-communication if they didn't tow the line. I'd love to see that one play on Law & Order (Special Brm-Brm Unit).

Unbelievable.

Sounds like contempt of court to me.

A few days in the cooler for Max and Bernie might do them good,

Their ego's have overridden their judgment.

Contracts, Sport, individuals all have to respect the laws of the countires they operate in.

If the legality of the sports regulation is in question, where do you seek redress?

Ok! OK! as Petrol points out there are provisions in the Agreement. But Max has been highhanded over the issue and needs reminding that civilised countries have their legal systems.

How would Max's threat go down in Britain or America or the US?

He'd be told, Then take your sport elsewhere Mr Mosley.

Paying spectators who attend and risk injury expect there rights under local law to be respected. Responsible teams also would not participate if their sport was outside the law.

its time for Max to max out.
    Good luck to the team tomorrow.
    Let's race!
  • [quote][quote]We have to race, unless we want to call it a day and drop out of F1. Is that what you guys want?
    Minardi in this guise.....yes it would be preferable.[/quote]Then leave :rolleyes: [/quote]

Damn right. F*ck off.

Forza Stoddie.
  • Lease, see the Foxsports story I posted on the Thread "FIA Flex their muscles - FIA vs teams (concord Agreement)"

My favorite line from Sotddie; "...take them (Max) to task in the High Court in London and wipe the floor with them."

But you are right Dr, Let's RACE!

http://www.forzaminardi.com/modules.php?name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=496
  • TasM you seem to take everything Stoddart says as True. Clearly you have not had much to do with legal cases. They are always 2 sides to the arguement in an adversarial system.
    You were probably unaware that Stoddart entered the Stewards room with; the 9 signatures, a copy of the Concorde Agreement. an australian Flag and a bottle of champagne. Those very same Stewards pointed to article 7 of the said Concorde agreement and threw out the case. It was then that he decided to resort to the courts.
  • Stoddart entered the Stewards room with; the 9 signatures, a copy of the Concorde Agreement. an australian Flag and a bottle of champagne.
    That could only be Stoddart !!!:cool:
    Nobody else has the balls or the honor to go with the flag and the bubbles !!!!
  • But why did PS have to go thru all of this when the cars could have been modified in Italy?

They seem to work ok and nothing fell off of them and were tested in both wet and dry...

Can someone explain this to me.
  • I think we all know the anwer, but it's too ugly...
  • But why did PS have to go thru all of this when the cars could have been modified in Italy?

They seem to work ok and nothing fell off of them and were tested in both wet and dry...

Can someone explain this to me.
    According to ALbers on dutch tv he only tested the front wing just 5 laps in the dry.
  • Quig, as I said before. This has nothing to do with Minardi's ability to front a compliant car.

I don't get it either.

Petrol - Forget Stoddart for a second and digest the import of the FIA's statement. He said that if 'Australia' allows its courts to override the FIA's regulations then it will pull FIA sanctioned motorsport out of Australia.

Now even fogetting the outcome of that (and you will find that it carries surprisingly little weight), Mosely, in one breath-taking moment of stupidity, has sought to exort a result from the Australian Judicial system. He could find himself having to defend himself in court if someone picks up on that one.

Let me assure you that the Judicial system, its independence, and its ability to determine jurisdiction is taken very seriously here, as it is in any democracy where the three arms of government:

Legislative; Executive; Judicial; are seen as inviolable.

That Stoddart has brought the thing to such a point is a matter for his conscience; I hope it is worth it (doubt it thought).

What it has done is expose the unbelievable arrogance of the FIA.

And let me tell you; The Australian GP Organisation, The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport, and Australia's chief representative of the FIA have all denounced the statement as well they should. It is abhorrent to right-thinking people that anyone would so wilfully make threats of that kind.
  • TasM you seem to take everything Stoddart says as True. Clearly you have not had much to do with legal cases.
    I take quotes as correct, especially from the Associated press. I think you have missed the point. There is a difference between quoting a statement and whether that statement is actually true. It seems you misunderstand the difference by your comment. I merely pointed out what Stoddart said, I didn't assume or assert what he said was true.
  • In Qualifying, on a day when slow cars did 1:30 the PS04 set a time around 1:37; i.e; the PS04 hybrid will never satisfy a 107% requirement without significant investment, which would delay the PS05, so what do you do?

Ron Walker must have had a heart attack at Max's declaration, yet the FIA has a no more -compliant supporter, strange ... would Australia retain a GP under GPWC?