Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

How cool is that new Mustang?

Pity I live in a country where one litre unleaded costs €1,05

Comments

• Not as cool as the concept Camaro. :cool:

• Oh come on guys remember Stoddiebashers Arosa! (Now thats more suitable to €1.05 unleaded!) Reading about the Mustang seems the car is superb except for the Handling, Suspension, Steering, Gearbox and excessive use of cheep Ford plastic in the interior!

;)

[Edited on 27/2/2005 by Ger]
  • Imagine the .cd with a quarter of the frontal aer a gaping hole :hehe:
  • I'll take the Camaro, like Jello.

'stang needs lowering and fatter rubber.
  • I like cars which are a little more square.

That's why I like the PS04 so much ;) :D
  • I have 2 Mustangs already - a '66 Fastback GT Pony interior car and a '69 Boss 302.

What I want is a bitchin Euro ride like an old Espada.
  • :hehe:

Good old americans, you think they would make cars that actually are quick without a 20 litre engine and 45 tonnes of metal behind it.....

Why don't they have a trip to Italy sometime...?
    Pity I live in a country where one litre unleaded costs €1,05
    Better than the £0.80.9 I'm paying here. On the way back from collecting the new car I went to fill up at a 'Jet' petrol station. I was told that Shell Optimax was really good for it as it cleans the engine real good and gives more MPG as well, but there was no Shell garage on the way home. So at the Jet I picked up the Super unleaded fuel hose and looked a right asshole when I imediately put the pump back after suffering a stroke, respiratory distress and three heart attacks.....95.9p per litre....!!!!!! Sod that! Thats 15p PER LITRE more.
    I'm still getting used to the clutch on the sport at the moment, the biting point is much lower so you tend to give more revs to compensate so as not to stall the bloody thing. However last night I was driving 30mph as I always do with some asshole taxi driver right up my ass (metaphorically speaking of course!) I had to stop at some traffic lights. I wanted to pull away real quick and I looked a right dickhead as I overcompensated way too much with the revs and smoke just poured off the tyres even before I moved away......Taxi driver must have though 'Bloody boy racer', how bloody embarrassing. I'm finding it quite difficult at the moment, to jump from the base model gutless one litre engine to this is a different animal entirely.....oo but it is fun :hehe:
  • Matt - that new Mustang only has a 4.6 liter lump in it. That is tiny by US standards and it still has alot of grunt.

My truck engine is 7.7 liter..460 cubes +.030 over - whatever in the hell it works out to. 510 HP at 4500 RPM. Well, that is when I am finished with it.

• well displacement isn't really what counts. There are loads of old Trans Ams with extraterrestrial amounts of capacity and all they do is gurgle fuel. Every Daewoo Matiz would pass them.
  • Volumetric efficiency is what counts.
  • Daewoo Matiz
    Daewoo? That's a Chevy :D
  • Matt - that new Mustang only has a 4.6 liter lump in it.
    I love the way you fleetingly say ONLY there.....However if you measure that up against 4.6 litre cars over in mainland Europe, I'm willing to bet withiout looking at its stats that it gets creamed......
  • well displacement isn't really what counts. There are loads of old Trans Ams with extraterrestrial amounts of capacity and all they do is gurgle fuel. Every Daewoo Matiz would pass them.
    The thing is the Trans Am doesn't sound like a child's fart.

My father in law has a 1973 454 Corvette in British Racing Green. 7.3 litre 4 speed. Fucking awesome, even for me, who is far more into turbos than cubes. :)
  • [quote]Matt - that new Mustang only has a 4.6 liter lump in it.
    I love the way you fleetingly say ONLY there.....However if you measure that up against 4.6 litre cars over in mainland Europe, I'm willing to bet withiout looking at its stats that it gets creamed...... [/quote]

And you'd be dead wrong. A 4.6 Mustang would comfortably keep up with a 545i BMW.
    This was mostly due to the transition between unlimited emissions to smog controlled vehicles. Also the transition from carbs to fuel injection. The motors themselves are quite potent when you let their balls drop.
  • Jello - its just that these Euro types still have not gotten over pushrod v- 8's whooping their ass at le Mans back in the good old days. Wasn't it AJ Foyt who said something like "..we beat the best Europe had with a station wagon engine..."

And he was right. The 427 FoMoCo WAS just a motor that could be had off the production line.

The Aussies get it though - they love the good old v -8.
  • That's right quig. We have the best of both worlds.

It just depends how much your willing to spend on fuel. @ about $0.95-$1.05 (that $60 bucks to fill a big car like my Ford) per litre it is still reasonable compared to Europe. However I filled up yesterday with Shell optimax $1.14. Rip off.

• Speaking of that - i have a James hardy 1000 book from 1982. One of you OZ types want to make an offer, pay for shipping and I'll send it to you - otherwise I'm putting it up on ebay.

• I like the Firebird better than Mustang/Camaro