Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BMW to buy Sauber

I can't believe it! Apparently BMW wants to buy Sauber.
Now what would be the point of that? Where would it leave Williams? Is Minardi the only privateer outfit left?

Comments

• Could make sense if they want to do the whole package and don't want to pay what Frank & Patrick would ask, but still seems a bit strange. What source RJ?
  • apparently mosley said it
  • Well, I wouldn't really call Red Bull and Midland manufacturers so I guess Minardi isn't really the only privateer yet.
  • everyone want to buy everything but minardi
  • Now you see what damage has already been done.

Anyway if this is true therer is no telling if Peter Sauber would say yes to a buy out. He seems to run a tight ship at Sauber and he ain't exactly a backmarker either. It's not like he's looking like he's having a tough time of it.
  • If that were to happen, then Frank Williams wil once again be a real privateer !!!!!
  • Technically Williams are still a privateer team.

Could make sense, BMW have been bitching about the FW chassis being the thing that's holding back the engine for a couple of years now. even when the BMW lump was recognised as the most powerful on the grid, Willaims weren't doing anything special.
  • Risky movement if true, but Williams is yet to deliver enough merits to maintain bavarian power.
  • Max is just winding Frank up - sow seeds of doubt between your opponents, yadda yadda.