Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• I start to be afraid that those are PS's favourite colours.....:(
  • They changed the white on the nose a bit, wow what an improvement! :spank:

Mmm, is that the higher frontwing?

[Edited on 28/2/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • So is the nose on the right for our third driver? :)
  • Maybe, I can't figure out what the sponsors are.
  • Looks like "Sale me" or "Solo mi"..... we will know it soon^^
  • It says something, something, racing
  • There are some more pics. Check this one:

It seems that the livery wil lhave much black color.
    :cool:
  • Well Paul is the black sheep of the grid, so it's quite appropriate wouldn't you agree? ;)
  • Man, these pictures are doin' it for me. Come on season!
  • C'mon all black car! :cool:

Trouble is, if the PS04Z has a shit colour scheme, the PS05 will look the same - rules say you cant have a major change once the season has started.
  • Sol & Mer is a product line of cosmetics generated from Dead Sea Minerals. It is part of what Upex (Nissany Sponsors) are doing.
    It was told that Upex logos will be on the car for their sponsorship without relation to him driving the car. I do hope though that this is a sign that we may see him on Friday.

You can see this logo also on Nissany's helmet.

• Boos to the rescue. :cool: Thanks man.
  • No all black car.
    Check my pic; there's some white space and a red line on the front part of the car.

Also Upex is on the side of the car.
    Thanks Boos for clearing the Sol&Mer.
    But, anybody figured out what the "? ? Racing" logo is????
  • The teams livery should reflect the team's capability. The present all black livery is crap. Needs contrasting colours if one wants to keep it predominantly black, ie yelow or orange should be incorporated into the colour scheme, me thinks
  • Black with Yellow or Orange is BAD !!!!
    Teams that had that color scheme went bust or were sold just before going bust.
    Think about it: Arrows and Jordan !!!!!;)
  • The teams livery should reflect the team's capability. The present all black livery is crap. Needs contrasting colours if one wants to keep it predominantly black, ie yelow or orange should be incorporated into the colour scheme, me thinks
    Black, white and yellow! Pay homage to Minardi's past.

In my opinion, a really dark blue (almost black) car - just like the first Minardi. Then incorporate the sword design from 2001, but replace the grey outline around the swords with yellow, and colour the upper plane of the front wing and the entire rear wing 'chord' in yellow to match. Would make for one spiffing - and very historically relevant Minardi!

That's Minardi's problem at the moment! They need a brand 'image' yet currently they have none. They need continuity in their colour schemes, no matter who the sponsor and have to have something to base a marketing image on. I believe the design concept above would not only make for a great looking car, but they could then build off that and say to sponsors "this is our car, this is who we are and this is what we stand for." Minardi to me are the underdogs, taking on the big guys with their limited resources and coming out on top occasionally, and potential sponsors need to see that and acknowlege it rather than see us as a tail end charlie with an ugly looking car.

Rant over. :spank:
  • Fingers crossed that the white is only for the 3rd car,
    the UPEX sineage has always had a white background, even when on a black part of the car...
  • Problem being that most potential sponsors might have never watched an F1 race, and only look at the results before signing with a team !!!:(
  • Problem being that most potential sponsors might have never watched an F1 race, and only look at the results before signing with a team !!!:(
    F1 is now just a marketing tool. They dont necessarily look at results, rather what the team can do for them and their image. Sponsorship is more than ever about what happens in between races rather than the race itself, and an ugly car is never going to sell well to anyone.
  • The thing is that black is never going to be a trademark. Better off with the illuminous green from 2000 or even the silver and blue from 98/99.
  • Black may not be, but yellow is.

Jordan will change to Midlands next year, and with it lose their yellow for either Red (russian relevance) or blue (midlands corporate colour)

Together with the black/white and yellow sword design, i'd have the team wearing prodominantly yellow clothing like the Jordan guys do now.
  • Couple more pics from Sutton.

Muermans on the rear wing of one car. Can't make out the sidepod, but it could be the T at the end of OZJET. Also the white, red and black looks like it's staying. Melbourne GP on the back of the other car (3rd?).

Should note that most of the walls are already marked with names, which would be hard to change after tomorrows launch. So I wouldn't expect a mayor new sponsor to turn up tomorrow. I would like to proven wrong though.
  • Minardi front wing also with Melbourne GP on it. Maybe it was for the thing in town today?

• I got some pics up on the website... met a fine young man today (Thats you Mr Lawson), who spent the whole time harrassing Christijan Albers...

Please note the very fashionable Minardi Club Melbourne hat which was unveiled for the first time today... obviously needs some 'wearing in'...
  • Great pics on the site. Cars, drivers and chics. Nice.
  • ^ Nice shirt :hehe: The man that fashion forgot :P

The livery is still the non all-black shit, but the revision to the front looks a bit better:
  • OZ - you beautiful bastard! Where the hell is the f'n dog? And Junior - where is MY hat?
  • your hat is on it's way... When I talk to Fabiana next, I'll tell her you say hello...
  • stood right in front of me...

• I'm still baffled by the round airbox inlets. Maybe they're digging into the PS02/03 surplus bag? I don't see why they'd go to the triangles for a year and then change back to the round ones for 3 races...