Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi Presentation

Premier cuts the ribbon, Minardi cuts the cake
03/03/05

Victoria's Premier Steve Bracks officially cut the ribbon to unveil the Minardi F1 car in a special celebration to mark People's Day at the 2005 FORMULA 1™ Foster's Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park today.

With free entry to the General Admission areas of the Grand Prix circuit on Thursday March 3, crowds flocked to the venue to hear Mr Bracks welcome the 'People's Day' initiative, another 'first' to add to Wednesday's Street Parade.

Before joining Minister for Tourism and Major Events Mr John Pandazopoulos and Australian Grand Prix Corporation chairman Ron Walker to cut the ribbon round the Minardi car, the Premier added that the Melbourne F1 Street Parade, which drew crowds estimated at 150,000, had been the biggest-ever for any sporting or other activity in the centre of Melbourne.

It was a double birthday celebration as the Minardi F1 team, owned by Melburnian businessman Paul Stoddart, marked its own 20th anniversary in Formula One with a ceremonial cutting of the birthday cake.

"We're in a fantastic city," said Mr Stoddart. "Yesterday's Street Parade was the most fantastic effort I have seen; it was a privilege to drive in it."

The Minardi principal also introduced his new-look driver line-up for 2005, which includes F1 rookies Christijan Albers of Holland and Austrian Patrick Friesacher as well as Chanoch Nissany, the first Israeli driver to make it into the world of Grand Prix racing.

Comments

• So, we haven't got a 3rd diver yet!!!

Re Sponsors:
    I see a lot of driver's sponsors.
    PS's company OZJET on the pods.
    That leaves us with actual teamsponsors Muermans, Allegrini and Fondmetal >>> should be more :(