Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

I want my Minardi: Response

I'm trying to find a reason for the whole Melbourne debacle.
Stoddart has put forward a variety of reasons for why he did not produce a compliant car to start the season; No money, late inception of the 05 regulations, Cosworth sale, etc.
I don't want to rehash the arguements. The rules were finalised 6 months ago. Although FOMOCO pulled out of F1. Cosworth as a top line engineering company would always find a buyer. The 05 engine program was in situ and FOMOCO were never going to shut it down. Why? cos to sell Jag they needed a viable engine supply and under US employment law you are liable for employees salaries and pensions for up to 3 years. A massive expenditure.
Regards being allowed to race the 04 car I can't recall when the FIA said this was on the cards. Moseley stated that Stoddart was free to contest the rules. But if he brought a non compliant car to Aus the stewards would throw it out.
AFAIK the ability to obtain all competitors agreement to race a car applies only to sporting regs. Jello can correct me, ie your car falls outside the 107% rule, or you don't post a time in the quali session. You can then appeal to the stewards and race under special dispensaton. This was the case with Marques in 01.
This rule does not apply to The technical rules. They're like Caesar's wife - sacrosanct.
What has all the commotion achieved. I'm at a loss to explain.
Itcertainly did not endear Minardi to the FIA.

Comments

• at least somebody reads the front page :hehe:

i don't know what it was about, I guess we'll never know but I guess he's got his reasons
  • RE. new poll on the frontpage:

I find it a bit tasteless to choose one person from a small list to put the blame on.
    IMHO this situation is the culmination of diversel (ongoing) disputes between several parties in and around the paddock!!!!
  • We'll see. If the cars run today with proper 05 kit installed I think we will know who is to blame.
  • How would you like the job of fronting up to the FIA pleading for special dispensation for every round until Imola? Paul Stoddart doesn't want to spend another cent on the PS04, all minardi wants is an understanding that this car will be making up the field until the new car is finished. And all the agreements were all in place, it could have happened smoothly. But no ... Paul allowed himself to become vulnerable personally so TOIT and Max attacked. Just the nasty pirahna pool in action.
  • all minardi wants is an understanding that this car will be making up the field until the new car is finished.
    Helluva way to run a racing team.

• well, this series is administered in a one helluva fashion.

• All of the other Teams did not seem to have a problem.
  • This entire mess has just confirmed that this (F1) is the the worst run enterprise in sports.

While Todt IS a complete shit, whom I hope is left to field 18 additional cars once he, Bernie and Max are left all alone to circle jerk each other, Stoddart really screwed himself by claiming poverty with a pile of '05 parts in the garage and the Jordans running fully compliant.

Regardless of the realities involved, I'm getting a bit tired of Paul insisting that Minardi be treated like the kids who ride the small bus to school. It's embarrassing and boring. MAKE THE NECCESSARY MODIFICATIONS AND RACE!!

• Wow - you ought to take more vacations from the board - the last paragraph IS the solution
  • I find it a bit tasteless to choose one person from a small list to put the blame on.
    IMHO this situation is the culmination of diversel (ongoing) disputes between several parties in and around the paddock!!!!
    welcome to the world of online media where there are simple answers to difficult questions:hehe: :hehe:
    Helluva way to run a racing team.
    well that's the way it works. don't compare Minardi to Jordan, with the new team owner they have a lot more money than minardi
  • All of the other Teams did not seem to have a problem.
    Every other team has a fucking decent budget.
    \
    Even Jordan and RBR have had massive cash injections. Maybe not Jordan for this year, but i'd bet Schnaider put in a nice chunk to ensure they didn't completely embarass themselves.

Maybe PS could make you all happy and sell to some other owners who WONT be so generous about keeping the Minardi name? I'm sure that would suit some of you girls....

Forza Stoddie!
  • PS proved my point and you were lucky enough to witness it firsthand. The bits to make the car legal could have, and according to Speed TV here in the US, WERE tested on the 04!

I and others appreciate what he has done for Minardi and have given credit when are where appropriate.

In this instance - which on the surface looks like it was totally avoidable I think that some splainin' needs to be done.
  • During the Misano test it was wet/raining, right???

A Dutch reporterasked Albers if he tested the 2005-spec parts during rain before. His asnwer: NO!!!!!

And Schnaider will invest $100,-m per year into the F1 team in 2005, 2006 and 2007 according to an interview with F1Racing magazine.
  • Alex Schnaider will be investing his money this year on the Dallara project. Jordan will have to self finance itself this season.
  • If that's the case, then I don't believe that there will be a new car built by mid-season!!!!