Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Where Are The Aussies?

Hey - what is going on? If the partying is too heavy can't you at least post drinking contest results?

Oh, Slacker - you don't count.

Comments

• It was a dud.

Karting cancelled. Oznomad AWOL. P1, me and Junior for dinner at Crown and then home.

pfffft.
  • Where are the Aussies? At the GP, and without computer access, i'm typing this in the office at my Hotel, as the 'GuestNet' in my room isn't working. :(

Grrr....
  • Where are the Aussies?
    working on Sprintcars at BIS, and going swimming and bushwalking this afternoon. :D

am taping the World Manifacturers race this afternoon, might get round to watching it... one day...
  • OZ - sound off!
  • Not there this year :(

Too busy with projects but hope to be at Sepang in 2 weeks.
  • Where are the Aussies?

At work, saving my money for the New South Wales Championship round in a week from now. Forza Aurora!
  • Karting cancelled. Oznomad AWOL. P1, me and Junior for dinner at Crown and then home.
    No binge drinking, harassing babes or running around with just MINARDI painted on your body?

Jesus, what a disgrace! Now all of our hope rests on Dr. Spin and Sepang..
  • Facty should be there as well - stay away from the pool Facty!
  • At work, saving my money for the New South Wales Championship round in a week from now. Forza Aurora
    now that is something i will be looking forward to... all the money i invested in young Australian talent will finally pay off (in form of high res pictures I can print out and show off with; yeah, I've got a racing team down under, promising kid that is, well... didn't mind about them few millions, no, company is doing well...):hehe:
  • I've got a racing team down under, promising kid that is, well... didn't mind about them few millions, no, company is doing well.
    Signed,R.J. Briatore !!!:hehe:
  • I was at the Monza bar (turns 2 & 3) with Lease having a few ales b4 the race:P

Can't speak for anyone else.
  • Signed,R.J. Briatore !!!
    I wish... getting there though, soon we'll have the same hairstyle :rolleyes:

anyway: where are the pictures guys!
  • I'd only excuse Brooksey for his absence, rest of aussies should give further explanation, especially slacker:hehe:

At least I want the pics of Irwin working on his ales to comply with 2005 drunken stomach aero. Monza bar crew: good job updating this old chassis!
  • I was in Pete's Bar for a while before quallys.... it was raining hard and the wifey and I were in shelter mode, as was seemingly half the crowd. :)

As for pics, all I bothered to get was a few pics of Friesacher's Minardi in the gravel at turn 1 during 3rd or 4th practice. Do you want me to post them?

The fences kinda ruin any clear shots one might like to take, and my Sony digital camera doesn't zoom too amazingly either.
  • Go ahead and post it !
  • Will do tomorrow - camera's at home, i'm at work. :(
  • Melbourne pics, self explanatory.

• Those really have brightened my day.

BTW - where the hell is Oznomad?
  • I have heard from an associate of Oznomads - he is fine and is recovering nicely from chasing down Minardi drivers and enjoying the hell out of the event.

• The rest of the Minardi Oz community are not amused.
  • Hi boys, I'm back. Scared?????

Caught up with Junior on Wed in the city and got my MCMelb cap. yyyiiihhhaaaa......... Wed was brilliant, cars whizzed by no more than ten feet away. Thank God for ear plugs, the first couple of passes nearly blew the eardrums out, then found a bloke handing out earplugs for nix and grabbed a handful. But what a buzz. Caught up with PF and CA for some autographs and, by the end of the day my head was spinning like a 16 year old who'd just touched a real tit for the first time

Viewing point on Sunday sucked, but hey, was just glad to be at my first GP. Next time will fork out the cash and be in the Jim Clark stand at turn 9.

the launch on Thu was great and got to hand over the cake to the team who seemed genuinely chuffed. Spoke to a few of the boys and Fabiana(sorry Quig, no pics to my knowledge). Got Paul's autograph as well, actually I think Junior and I distracted him during an interview with Ch10. He was talking to Greg Rust nearby and kept glancing over at us, Junior was wearing his Telefonica shirt and I had on my GOKL shirt. He came over and said a quick g'day and thanked us for the cake. All in all a great experience for my first time out.

To all the Aussies, we need to get our collective arses into gear and get organised for next time. As a group I'm sure we could make quite an impact(good or bad???).

Now to try and catch up.
  • We need to get our collective arses into gear? :o

What happened to you, Oz? Junior was not amused.
  • Me and the DoD pay section has a disagreement about money. Namely, the fact that they cleaned out my bank account. It turns out that they got the wrong bloke. Funny really, because I told them that from the get go. Found out on Thu and spent all day Thu and Fri trying to get my money back. Only just managed to get enough money together for a ticket for Sun, on Sat. DoD didn't get my account sorted out until the Tues evening "after" the GP. :mad::mad::spank:
  • Remember all you Croc Dundee types - OZ was the MCSF Minister for Souteast Asian Affairs long before OZ Minardi was a twinkle in Junior's eye.
  • Hmmmmmmm, doesn't ring true.

That's OK, no need to explain.
  • Are you referring to Oz's or my post?

I f mine - I have email to prove it!
  • Juniormin - got my hat in the mail today, cheers! :D :cool:

I also recieved my order of 3 Renault 1:43 models, a 1977, a 1978 and a 1980 Grand Prix car. They'll go with my 1:18 Alonso R23. My collection is going to be awesome when it's done. :cool: