Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2nd Qual

Friesacher had his hands full, but at least he brought it over the line.

No time for Albers :I.

Comments

• Patrick at least P.16 !!!!!:cool:

Btw, mystery sponsor CO2 is on the rear wing, instead of Muermans !?:o

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by Minardus]
  • C02 is interesting indeed :o
  • Does anybody know where the company is from?
  • No, that's why I called them the "mystery" sponsor;)

Btw, again 3 drivers that debuted at Minardi on Pole, P2 and P3!!:cool:
  • Maybe its Stoddies next vendetta to reduce CO2 emissions on the grid by cutting running time thus using less fuel!?
  • Has anybody seen Muermans on another place on the car?
  • If i'm correct CO2 is from Holland, and is linked with Albers. It was a surpise to see it this big. I will try to find more about it.
  • From Faenza:

READY TO TAKE THE STAGE

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, March 6, 2005 – It was a case of varying fortunes for Minardi F1 Team drivers, Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher in this morning’s final qualifying session for the 2005 Foster’s Australian Grand Prix.  Friesacher recorded a lap of 1 min 37.499 secs, and the aggregate of this time plus that posted in the first qualifying session, on Saturday afternoon, sees the Austrian driver line up in 16th position on the grid.  Albers experienced a gear selection problem while leaving the team’s garage for his final qualifying run, and unfortunately, by the time the problem had been rectified and the engine restarted, his qualifying “window” had closed.  Albers therefore has to start this afternoon’s race behind those drivers who posted times in both qualifying sessions, but even so, his Saturday lap time will see him launch into his first Formula One race from 17th position.  Minardi personnel also derived a certain amount of satisfaction this morning from the fact that the first three positions in the starting line-up for the 2005 Foster’s Australian Grand Prix are occupied by former drivers of the Faenza team.            

PATRICK FRIESACHER

Q2 lap time: 1 min 37.499 secs                 Q1+Q2: 3 min 28.363 secs           Position: 16th

“The car was oversteering in this morning’s qualifying run, possibly because the weather and track conditions had changed from yesterday, and it was not so easy to drive.  Even so, we have a reasonable grid position, and I will be hoping for a good result in the race” 

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS

Q2 lap time: No time                                   Q1 lap: 1 min 49.230 secs           Position: 17th

“Unfortunately, I just couldn’t select first gear when I tried to drive out of the garage.  The guys pulled the car back in, did a re-set and restarted the engine, but by then it was too late, as the pit lane had closed.  We dropped two grid positions as a result, but even so, I think there is the possibility to have a good race this afternoon.  We’ll do our best.”   

- Ends -

Chassis allocation – 2005 Australian GP

Friesacher (No 20)          PS04B/02

Albers (No 21)                  PS04B/04

Spare car (Albers)           PS04B/03

• Found it: CO2 Neutraal.
    Go to this link: http://www.co2.tv/

It is a little bit vague but it is about investing money in teakplantations. It is a website related to Terra Vitalis, a dutch company which is known as not so reliable, known for their misleading information.

[Edited on 6/3/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • Fastest in 2nd qualifying: one Mark Webber, he took just on a second out of Trulli's margin.

That Toyota is a fairly quick car over one lap but seems to go backwards in a race situation. Trulli went from 2nd to 9th & out of the points! :o