Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Tyres

A pit stop without changing tyres, now how stupid does that look? Must be the silliest rule of this season!

Comments

• Yeah me and Matt were discussing this.

It reduces the term of a "team" sport. Agree, it looks very silly.
  • Did you see the pitstops from the bigger teams?

8 people kneeled only to look at the tires/tyres !!!:hehe:
  • Yeah ...it was weird. You had the impression that they were all on their knees praying in front of the car.
  • Minardi4Eva - 200 people working to get a car on the grid constitutes a team sport but I know what you mean.

PS in the name of God, please don't act as Matt's representative on earth. He's probably reading all of this so, Matt, grow some bollocks and get back here. Minardi is about more than one man, Sauber is for pussies.
  • They should have banned refueling as wel.
  • That's the ultimate goal of the FIA
  • Gah. Anyone in here who has Max's address?

Time for some of us to go give him a visit.
  • Sure, the pitstops look silly, but I'm entirely in favor of these new regs concerning tire changes.

It seems like it could keep things interesting- the drivers whose cars were built for the sprint-stop-sprint format of years past fade at the end, while the more savvy men out there whose cars are less harsh on the rubber are there to pick up the slack.

I'm for banning refueling as well- watching these drivers manage both fuel consumption and tire wear would be exciting.
  • TB7, sorry to disagree.

I have been to 12 GP's in my life, and this whole weekend rates amonst the worst weekend ever spent at a GP, not including the Minardi debacle.

I pay to watch F1 cars and their pilots roaring around the track trying to find the ultimate quick lap.

What irritated me was sitting in the stand opposite the pits, watching the 3rd drivers trouncing around, while Schumi, Kimi and the rest were sitting in their garages eating or watcing TV, in the middle of a practice session. Why! because of these utterly stupid rules, which denegrade the sport into a sham.

I can rant of multiple things against the rules at the moment, but they are too numerous to mention.
    I sat through about 8 friggen seasons of weather, on the weekend. I got sunburnt, frostbite, wet, cold, dry etc etc. Why? because I am passionate fan.

I tell you, that passion is being eroded by Max, and his turning the sport into some "Driving Miss friggen Daisy" movie.

The only saving grace was Fisi winning. Oh if only it was a TOIT 1,2. Max would surely resign.
  • This new tyre rule makes F1 races even more boring. Drivers think twice to overtake somebody because they are risking a flat spot on the tyre.
    Montoya said he was slowing at the second half or the end of the race, thinking about to spare the engine for the next race. Sure, Mosley has got what he wants, the cars are slower but he ends up killing F1 motorracing.
  • Ban refueling, go back to real tyre rules. Cars will definetly slow with all that fuel.
  • SuperRoo, it might just be my personal preference, but drivers turning out fast lap after fast lap, even in the shootout qualifying format of the late 1990's was never the reason why I tuned into F1. Race management interests me a great deal.

I do think the engine rules are shite- but anyone who won't take a legitimate shot at overtaking a competitor because he is in fear of ruining his tires shouldn't be in F1. Especially if it's at the end of a race.
  • If i heard it right, Christijan replied on a 'tyre question' after the race (on dutch tv): "Well, mine still looked very good" Hey, at he's got a lot more humour than his dutch predesessor. :D
  • PS in the name of God, please don't act as Matt's representative on earth. He's probably reading all of this so, Matt, grow some bollocks and get back here. Minardi is about more than one man, Sauber is for pussies.
    Heareth ye all the words that spoketh he, St. Matthew the Obscene, for he is seriously pissed of:

MINARDIUM SOPPORTARE NOLO PURQUAM STODIUM VIRUM NON DILIGENTIUM HABEO *

Now let us pray...

(*note the double accusative case with habere :hehe: )

• ^St. Matthew the Obscene, prior of the Fellowshipers of the Chav Abbey order: he speaks directly to God and the Bengals. Only some corrupt, decadent, evil media agent can think of him having a representative to spread the holy bash :spank:

TB7 nice nu avatar

Roo LOL
  • Matt's an alleged cheapskate who can't afford to go and watch the race live at Silverstone, yet somehow manages to fly halfway around the world to watch American football and unbelievably hold a season ticket. You figure it out.

Bengals > Minardi, in Matt's mind.

• WTF? Matt's a Bengals fan?! I always thought that picture of him was at an NFL Europe game, Scottish Claymores or something.

Wow, now I understand his every day pain- my Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in almost 40 years, but hey, at least we won one!
  • They succeded in slowing down the cars but these changes make f1 boring. Its going to cost F1 dear if they don't change the tyre rule back.
  • Matt's an alleged cheapskate who can't afford to go and watch the race live at Silverstone
    No he just has the sense not to go to Silverstone, it's not a money issue despite it being hugely expensive:mad:
  • I liked seeing the teams not changing tires. Did anyone else notice how exciting it was to see the fuel being put into the car, even though you can't actually SEE the fuel going in to the car? :o
  • Not exiting at all for me!!!!